“Excellent food, friendly staff”
Review of Ai Vecchi Sapori

Ai Vecchi Sapori
Ranked #7 of 153 Restaurants in Lanciano
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cucina A Vista In Una Accogliente Bottega Pasta Pane Olio Dolci Fatti In Casa Menu' Alla Carte A Base Di Carne E Verdure Attenzione Alle Intolleranze
Reviewed August 4, 2019

I stopped there for lunch because I had a hunch about this place, and I was completely right! It's a cute restaurant with a lovely courtyard, and the food is out of this world. Especially the home-made bread with is served warm - I can still taste it. I ordered the selection of antipasti (which honestly would have been enough food for one meal), and the truffle pasta which were both amazing. If you're in Lanciano, don't miss Ai Vecchi Sapori!

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (406)

Reviewed November 1, 2018

I had lunch at Vechi Sapori for a second time. Both times it was wonderful experience. The products used were of perfect quality and there was no doubt that the food served was all home made. The bacalao raviolis were of such an excellence that were litterally melting in your mouth. I strongly recommend Ai Vecchi Sapori for those who visit Abruzzo and Lanciano also to taste a cuisine which happilly managed to keep its authenticity.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 31, 2018

My cousins who live in Lanciano took us to this restaurant who serve traditional Abruzzese food

Wow Wee food was magnificent ! We go a few of the entrees including local cheeses and sausage, freshly made bread
Then tried tasters of a couple of pastas Delicious
Then the main course was fantastic
We asked the young waitress to order for us and we wanted or local cuisines and golly! what choices she made all was delicious

Highly recommended

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

During a recent visit to Lanciano, we ventured out for a meal one evening and a friend suggested we visit here. As true Englishmen do we arrived unfashionably early and there were only a few people were in the restaurant. The menu was a challenge for me as it included too many delicious courses to choose from. So I plumped for the one meal that I had not already tasted, the saddle of rabbit with truffle.
The meal was superb with perfectly cooked meat and tasty generous serving of truffle, one of my favourites flavours from the region.

The meal was delicious, the company as always great fun and the atmosphere only improved as the night went on and the room steadily filled with the locals who clearly know a good thing and of course, the right time to eat when in Italy!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I took our hosts to this restaurant on our last night with them. It was just brilliant - from the sumptuous (both in amount and taste) hot and cold antipasti to the slow cooked beef and pork dishes which followed.
All washed down with litres of very acceptable, and very cheap, house Montepulciano.
€110 for four people - almost ridiculous.
Our best wishes to the owner, Davide, who made us very welcome.
I’ve seen one inexplicable review which slammed this restaurant - well, sir or madam, you are very, very hard to please. So are we, and this pleased us, enormously.

Date of visit: May 2018