Hotel Puesta del Sol
Hotel & Temazcal Hacienda de Melaque(Melaque)(Great Value!)
$54
TripAdvisor
Hotel Villas Coco Mango(Barra de Navidad)(Great Value!)
$43
Travelocity
Cabo Blanco Hotel(Barra de Navidad)(Great Value!)
$81
$52
  • Restaurant
$110
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
Club Nautico El Dorado(Pacific Coast)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Barra de Navidad(Barra de Navidad)
  • Pool
Hotel Sarabi(Barra de Navidad)
  • Pool
All reviewsper nightsmall balconygrocery storesmall feesecond visitmiddle of townair conditioningpuestokitchenettebayoceanbeachpesos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Arrived off the bus without a reservation and it was the first place I saw. Booked a room for the first night. The best part of the hotel is how it looks. It is new, brightly painted, newly decorated, right on the beach with a nice pool area.

I do have some issues though. The price was fully double that of other hotels nearby of a similar standard, so I think that they are pricing themselves above average for the town. Also, this is minor but they seem a bit suspicious of their guests. They only give you 2 towels and won't let you check out until the housekeeper makes sure the towels are still there. Also, they have free wi-fi but won't give you the code, you have to take your laptop to the lobby and the agent hid the keyboard from me so I wouldnt see the wi-fi code she was typing in. Odd!

The rooms are brightly painted. The TV is not viewable from the bed, only from an extremely uncomfortable stiff stone couch, so I found that a bit odd too.

Overall it is a cheerful bright hotel, but I wasnt blown away by their service and price so I moved after the first night.

I moved after the first night.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
9  Thank mezaco
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Well located hotel located on the beach in the heart of Melaque. Clientel mostly mature Canadians. Many are longer stay and very social. Our room was on the tried floor with a great ocean view. Rooms was basic and clean however the bed was hard. Cooking facilities are Spartan and the hotel has a curious habit of taking a 150 peso deposit for the very cheap dishes, pots and pans provided. The pool was clean and we would think about staying there again if we revisit this fun Mexlican town

• Stayed: February 2011
10  Thank Mlinklater
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Puesta del Hotel, is in a great location on the beach in the centre of Melaque. It is a 2* hotel but the rooms are equipped with kitchenette and bathrooms. It is quite well maintained, but could do with a few updates such as places to hang clothes and little more space to put things in the bathrooms. There are lots of small Mexican style restaurants and a couple of more upscale restaurants in the town. Many Canadians and Americans go there for the winter months. Relatively safe but watch out for purse snatchers and don't wear expensive jewelry as there are many poor Mexican living in town. For the most part the small restaurants are clean and cheap. Only one of our party of 4 had any stomach problems.

I would return again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Juliet S
Reviewed May 8, 2010

This is a great hotel & one of the cleanest I have stayed in in Mexico. The staff go out of their way to make sure everything is clean & tidy. Yes, the pool is small & it can get pretty busy on the weekends, but if you are retired you can live through that until Monday & beyond. If you get a kitchenette you can have breakfast & watch the ocean, which is way better than watching the snow fly around! Try not to get a room that is adjacent to a suite because the door is pretty thin & you can hear everything.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Gtosher
Reviewed January 4, 2010

Not my first stay in Mexico or even Melaque but my first at Puesta del Sol. I would strongly suggest to stay away from this hotel during the high season of December and January as it's very loud...however, if you're a big family this is the place for you!

The staff seemed just overwhelmed during our stay - they were kinda cranky and it was nearly impossible to get clean towels. Our linens were never changed in the two weeks we were there. The public areas were kept very clean but housekeeping in the rooms was pretty lacking (and my standards are pretty lax).

Good points include a very central location and one of the staff, Salvatore, who went out of his way to help us out. The kitchen on the deck was really cute as well.

Overall I'd say go if it's not in Dec/Jan or if you're planning a large family trip, otherwise, there are cleaner and quieter places in the Obregon area of Melaque that would be preferable, and they don't charge as much. Puesta Del Sol is not the best value in the town of Melaque.

The Puesta Del Sol hasn't dampened my enthusiasm for the wonderful town of Melaque at all. Be sure to visit!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends