“AIR CONDITIONING! Wonderful owners, great restaurant”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Zancudo
Oceano Cabinas Bar & Restaurant
Boquete, Panama
“AIR CONDITIONING! Wonderful owners, great restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2010

This was my first time to the beaches of Costa Rica. I knew it would be warm, or hot for me. I was looking at Zancudo Beach as it was close to Panama where I am living. I could not find a place to stay that had air-conditioning (my #1 priority) until I found Oceano Cabinas. There were only 2 rooms to rent when I was there last year, so be sure to call ahead and reserve with credit card. The owners are just wonderful, catering to every whim and really outdid themselves. The restaurant is open air with a large thatched roof overhead. Kids on bikes brought in fresh fish just caught by their dad to sell, so thats what I had for dinner. All the food was very good and I was there for 3 days. The rooms are not fancy, but they are very nice for the bohemian beach which is pretty much all of Zancudo from what I could see. The entrance to the beach is unbelievably pretty. Took a zillion pictures. Zancudo beach is a beautiful place, but it is not fancy. This 'hotel' comes in first because of the wonderful owner and staff, good food and the air-conditioning. Also the prices are reasonable. My one dissappointment was you could not see the ocean from the room.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelinggirl073

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2008

When we arrived to Playa Zancudo we were warmly greeted by Mark and Stephanie. The rooms were very good size and tastefully decorated. There was hot water and air conditioning, which was much appreciated. The rooms were neat, clean and tastefully decorated. The food was amazingly delicious. In fact I could have just eaten all day everyday on my vacation. We really enjoyed the small town feel of Playa Zancudo. There were many different activities to do and they were helpful to set up any excursion we wanted to go on. We were able to go to a National wild animal reserve and play around with some of the spider Monkeys it was a blast, and there was a beautiful boat ride on the water to get there, very breath taking. We were also able to go horseback riding, which was nothing like trail riding in the states. We saw lots of wildlife that day as well. If you are just into relaxing there are miles of beaches with few crowds (for the month of July), which was nice. In fact for the most part we felt like the only people on vacation. All in all Playa Zancudo would be great for a family, couple, or just a group of friends. If we ever vacation back to Costa Rica we will definitely stay at the Oceano Cabinas again.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2008

I have never experienced anything like this before in my life. Upon arrival I was greeted by Steph in Golfito. She escorted me to Playa Zancudo by boat and what a gorgeous ride it was.
I was floored when shown my cabina. These rooms are gorgeous and they had the most comfortable beds. I really enjoyed having my morning coffee on the veranda. Hands down this place has the best coffee I have ever tasted.
Once settled in, I ventured downstairs to the restaurant where I met Mark, Stephanies Husband. I've never met a couple so genuine. We sat down and these two helped plan my week of adventure, and what an adventure it was!
It began with canopyeing in the rainforest, then deep sea fishing where I caught two Derado, two Sailfish and a Marlon. Another day I was hanging out with monkeys and to top it off I even learnt how to surf.
I ventured out to other resorts and restaurants and the Oceano has the best menu, and chefs. I ate like a queen everyday, Steph and Mark provide nothing but the best North American service in Playa Zancudo.
Lets get to the beach. The beach is your backyard! You are steps away from one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. The black sand feels like silk under your feet, and the Ocean is clear and always warm. One night a bunch of us decided to go night swimming and we experienced luminescence. Picture a group of people in a cirlcle kicking and waving their hands creating a circle of light in the ocean. Im telling you we lit up the ocean. That moment in life will stay with me forever.
The hammocks. Many days were spent lounging in the garden dozing in and out of sleep. With a cocktail by my side and a book in hand, my view was the ocean and the only sound you could hear was the ocean. I've never felt so content and at peace with myself.
Im not one to re visit somewhere I have been before but Im definitely going back to the Oceano next year. It truly is paradise.

• Liked — everything
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
Toronto,Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2008

My husband and I went on our second trip to Costa Rica and decided that this time we would go a little further off the beaten track - are we ever glad we did. After hearing some other travelers’ mention the fantastic time they had down south we decided to give it a shot.
It was an amazing trip from the moment we landed in Golfito. We LOVED the Oceano Cabinas - the owners were AMAZING; totally helpful, were full of information,giving us tips on what to see while we were there. The rooms were spotless and very comfortable and the food at the restaurant was hands down the best on the strip. We would recommend this place to anyone visiting. Enjoy your stay!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Having to leave it!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Volcan, Panama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2007

We live in Panama and decided to take a last minute vacation across the border. We could not have picked a better place to stay. The owners, Mark and Stephanie, were friendly, knowledgeable, and fun. They were always around to answer questions and make suggestions of things to do in the area. They even got us in to the very first and exclusive “Tsunami Party”. The restaurant is a local favorite, and the food was outstanding. The portions were huge, and the staff very friendly. The rooms were a good size, very clean and comfortable. We highly recommend taking the bicycles out for a ride on the beach or just laying around in one of their hammocks. Out of our travels all over Central America, this is one of our new favorite places.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DevininVolcan
Markham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2006

We stayed with Mark and Steph at the Oceano for the Jazz festival last year and had a great time. Not only were the rooms always clean and well kept but the restaurant is the best on the peninsula! Everyone would eat there for one meal and then they would be back for every meal following that. The Torontonian couple are great people who treat their guests with the utmost in respect and become quick friends. Their staff are courteous and friendly and enjoy a good laugh. For a 2 room place its a gem.

• Liked — Clean Rooms and friendly owners
  • Disliked — Nothing not to like
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stasus

Been to Oceano Cabinas Bar & Restaurant? Share your experiences!