“Beautiful place to relax!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Zancudo
Oceano Cabinas Bar & Restaurant
Stuttgart, Germany
“Beautiful place to relax!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Playa Zancudo lies far away from everything that is stressful an d hectic! After you've made the long long way on gravel roads you'll be rewarded by a wonderful lonely black beach. The Oceano Cabinas lie directly on the beach. Elena, the owner is a warmhearted, friendly american. There are only 2 rooms,which are small but absolutely sufficient because you're not gonna spend a lot of time inside the room. Everything is clean, the beds have mosquito nets and there is an AC as well as warm water in the shower. The Oceano has a small bar/restaurant where you can enjoy the excellent food cooked by Gabi a swiss-tica. I can fully recommend the Oceano if you are looking for a place to relax!!

Room Tip: Book in advance. E-Mail/Homepage
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
masaya
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Just a wonderful place to stay. The hotel has two air-conditioned, roomy cabinas that were CLEAN. The on sight kitchen, open air with a thatched roof, served excellent food and had many local customers. The staff was always ready to help and the owner was a wealth of information on what to do and how to get there. Playa Zancudo is a superb, laid back and relaxing destination. And you will not be wrong staying at Oceana.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank wayne194
Boquete, Panama
Reviewed February 16, 2011

We went to Playa Zancudo for a week of relaxation, sun and beach and found exactly what we were looking for. We spent 6 days at Oceano - there are 2 nice, comfy cabinas with AC that was much appreciated. There is free wifi throughout and it was lightning fast. The beach is only meters away and there's also a nice shady sandy spot under swaying palms where you can relax in a hammock or lounge chair. The bar and restaurant is a welcoming outdoor spot with gorgeous handmade tables and a nice tropical feel. I highly recommend the specialty, Pescado Cordon Bleu, which is a great local interpretation of the classic dish but made with fresh fish fillet. Pizzas are also entirely homemade and excellent. Beers are cold and cheap, fruity cocktails are also large and refreshing. To top of the meal, you can get a scoop of ice cream, as Oceano has the only ice cream parlor in town. The new owners Elena and Kevin are super friendly and helpful and can also help arrange anything for you, from fishing trips to water taxi rides or excursions elsewhere. We had a great stay at Oceano and enjoyed the food, the cabina, the beach and the great hospitality.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank newnewyorker
McClellanville, South Carolina
Reviewed December 1, 2010

A saxophone player, Richard, came to Zancudo to play at Coquito. Staying way up the beach and not wanting to have to rely on a taxi for my return trip, my friend and I got a room at Oceano. I have eaten there on numerous occasions and love the food, but staying in one of the Oceano cabinas was a new experience. Our room was an interesting shape, immaculate, and colorful. It was like a tree house in a rainforest. We perched on our beds and talked art and saxophone music in the company of Scarlet Macaws painted on the wall. Scarlet Macaws are in Zancudo now and the whole visit has been thrilling.

• Stayed November 2010
Boquete, Panama
Reviewed June 19, 2010

This was my first time to the beaches of Costa Rica. I knew it would be warm, or hot for me. I was looking at Zancudo Beach as it was close to Panama where I am living. I could not find a place to stay that had air-conditioning (my #1 priority) until I found Oceano Cabinas. There were only 2 rooms to rent when I was there last year, so be sure to call ahead and reserve with credit card. The owners are just wonderful, catering to every whim and really outdid themselves. The restaurant is open air with a large thatched roof overhead. Kids on bikes brought in fresh fish just caught by their dad to sell, so thats what I had for dinner. All the food was very good and I was there for 3 days. The rooms are not fancy, but they are very nice for the bohemian beach which is pretty much all of Zancudo from what I could see. The entrance to the beach is unbelievably pretty. Took a zillion pictures. Zancudo beach is a beautiful place, but it is not fancy. This 'hotel' comes in first because of the wonderful owner and staff, good food and the air-conditioning. Also the prices are reasonable. My one dissappointment was you could not see the ocean from the room.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelinggirl073
California
Reviewed August 22, 2008

When we arrived to Playa Zancudo we were warmly greeted by Mark and Stephanie. The rooms were very good size and tastefully decorated. There was hot water and air conditioning, which was much appreciated. The rooms were neat, clean and tastefully decorated. The food was amazingly delicious. In fact I could have just eaten all day everyday on my vacation. We really enjoyed the small town feel of Playa Zancudo. There were many different activities to do and they were helpful to set up any excursion we wanted to go on. We were able to go to a National wild animal reserve and play around with some of the spider Monkeys it was a blast, and there was a beautiful boat ride on the water to get there, very breath taking. We were also able to go horseback riding, which was nothing like trail riding in the states. We saw lots of wildlife that day as well. If you are just into relaxing there are miles of beaches with few crowds (for the month of July), which was nice. In fact for the most part we felt like the only people on vacation. All in all Playa Zancudo would be great for a family, couple, or just a group of friends. If we ever vacation back to Costa Rica we will definitely stay at the Oceano Cabinas again.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
toronto
Reviewed March 24, 2008

I have never experienced anything like this before in my life. Upon arrival I was greeted by Steph in Golfito. She escorted me to Playa Zancudo by boat and what a gorgeous ride it was.
I was floored when shown my cabina. These rooms are gorgeous and they had the most comfortable beds. I really enjoyed having my morning coffee on the veranda. Hands down this place has the best coffee I have ever tasted.
Once settled in, I ventured downstairs to the restaurant where I met Mark, Stephanies Husband. I've never met a couple so genuine. We sat down and these two helped plan my week of adventure, and what an adventure it was!
It began with canopyeing in the rainforest, then deep sea fishing where I caught two Derado, two Sailfish and a Marlon. Another day I was hanging out with monkeys and to top it off I even learnt how to surf.
I ventured out to other resorts and restaurants and the Oceano has the best menu, and chefs. I ate like a queen everyday, Steph and Mark provide nothing but the best North American service in Playa Zancudo.
Lets get to the beach. The beach is your backyard! You are steps away from one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. The black sand feels like silk under your feet, and the Ocean is clear and always warm. One night a bunch of us decided to go night swimming and we experienced luminescence. Picture a group of people in a cirlcle kicking and waving their hands creating a circle of light in the ocean. Im telling you we lit up the ocean. That moment in life will stay with me forever.
The hammocks. Many days were spent lounging in the garden dozing in and out of sleep. With a cocktail by my side and a book in hand, my view was the ocean and the only sound you could hear was the ocean. I've never felt so content and at peace with myself.
Im not one to re visit somewhere I have been before but Im definitely going back to the Oceano next year. It truly is paradise.

• Liked — everything
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Oceano Cabinas Bar & Restaurant? Share your experiences!