Rococco Ashvem
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Lotus Sutra(Arambol)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssea viewindian menuroom servicelocation is amazingclean beachnorth goaoff seasonfood qualityrooms are cleanbeach facingamazing experiencethe ground floorcomplimentary breakfastrestaurant staffbasic amenitiesbreakfast spreadbeach resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Being the third trip I've made to Goa with my boyfriend, We decided to stay at Rococco after reading the great reviews and having a look at the website.

We drove down from bangalore so it was a pretty long drive and as soon as we got to Rococco it was like a perfect little oasis in the middle of a desert, metaphorically speaking of course.

The first thing we did was have a long shower, order a round of the delicious tequila Sunrises at the bar and hit the beach. And yes, the beach actually DOES look like the pictures on the website! :)

The beach was pretty much completely secluded from the general public so you feel extremely comfortable laying on the beach and swimming around without worrying about creepy guys staring at you.

the staff was incredibly nice and the Bar Manager Sasha makes some pretty great pina coladas and tequila sunrises.

We paid 9,999/- for 3 nights including taxis for our stylish sea facing room, breakfast and taxes. Of course you have to wake up and actually eat the breakfast at a regular hour which we couldn't get ourselves to do as my boyfriend and I are really not early wakers. But what we really appreciated was on the second day we came out to the restaurant at about 12 in the afternoon and when we asked for the bill presuming we'd have to pay since we came in so late Deepak, the waiter told us it was no problem since we had the breakfast in our plan he wouldn't default us with the timeline.
We thought that was really sweet!

Also, on one of the nights we went out to hit the clubs but slightly disappointed we came back to our hotel around 2 am. Unfortunately the bar was closed but once again Deepak saved the day, we couldn't get any cocktails but asked for a bottle of Whiskey and Vodka to be sent to the room with mixers so we had our own little party.
I could probably go on and on but let me make it simple and just put it down in points :

1. The rooms and bathrooms are great.
2. The view from the room is incredible (We stayed in room No.3)
3. Must try the Lamb Shank, it's divine.
4. Roslyn and her husband are great hosts, we actually got to have a few drinks with them on our last night.

the only one tiny issue we had was the Calamari Stuffed with bacon that my boyfriend ordered, that's probably the only thing on the menu we didn't like. Other than that our weekend was pretty perfect!

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VeeCee91
RococcoAshvem, Owner at Rococco Ashvem, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2011

Thanks for the great feedback, it's good to know that our 'Can Do' approach to guest relations is working in practice. These smart young guests stayed in a Deluxe room 5 metres from the beach. Ashvem beach is particularly clean because we are located on the peninsular of Morjim beach which is a protected nesting site for Olive Ridley turtles which are endangered.
I am pleased to inform that Ashvem-Morjim beach has an increasing number of Olive Ridley Turtles nesting sites. Their nesting times are October to March. Rococco resort is a great location to spot both Olive Ridley Turtles and Dolphins. As part of our responsible tourism approach we support the Turtle Protection Programme. If you would like to know more about the turtles, we offer guests the opportunity to become involved/support the work undertaken by conservation volunteers in the area.

Reviewed February 5, 2011

We landed up at Rococco after a night in a hut nearby, just off season but in enough heat and humidity to make us pine for air conditioning. After a walk on our day one to reconnoiter, we asked after rates at Rococco and were somewhat shocked at the price but decided to do it for the aircon.

Once we got over the price, we didn't regret it. The owners are trying to run a high-quality place and they do a pretty good job of it - and an excellent job with everything they can control.

The beach and views were great, best part of our stay. The restaurant food and atmosphere are really excellent though it's true that service is at 'Indian pacing' and not westerner pacing. The owner has mentioned that she's following sustainable tourism practise, so this is part of the price I guess! I did have a few breakfasts at the place next door, which has a large English menu if that's your preference.

Our in-room facilities (water, lights, air) worked flawlessly and we spent several days at the bar next door, reading a few books and watching the water / swimming - very relaxing.

In-room balcony was perfect as well. The one issue I had was other guests. There were a group of young Russian 'entrepreneurs', which if you know anything about the drug trade in Goa, is enough to scare you regardless of their actual jobs. They left us alone but were loud, chain smoking, and as a Russian speaking N American who lived a few years in the ex-USSR, I can tell you they were generally idiots. That said the area has a lot of Russian tourists and others, and there's little to nothing the owner can do about it.

If I would change anything I would build a better road - it's a long way to the airport - and I would add a fitness centre somewhere nearby. (I like to work out while on vacation, so yes I realise that's a bit strange.)

Finally I have to note that the owners are lovely people after any haggling is done. The husband went far out of his way to get our passports back from downtown as we were leaving, and he also set up a one-day tour for us that went well enough, while madame is a jet-setting development consultant who is also as English as English can be and a great conversationalist.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
BaroquePearl, Owner at Rococco Ashvem, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2011

I really appreciate the candid feedback of this guest. Criticism is hard to take and makes you want to respond but we at Rococco@Ashvem also want to celebrate our successes. These guests were amazing and had a great attitude to India and to our resort. This makes our job worth - when we know that we are not perfect but will do everything we can to improve, spurred on by great guests. The best part of running a new venture such as Rococco@Ashvem is meeting very interesting epople. Thanks Guys - please come back

Reviewed January 20, 2011

Was at ashwem beach with friends. After an intense nightout i realized I had spent all the money I had and my friends had all left by then. Since I was at rococo as my last pit stop of partying with no money & in no state to go back I decided to check in to the hotel for that night. Met the owner there and he gave me the best rate possible and did not try to cheat me met this wonderful bar tender from Russia and she was of great help. Thanks for taking care you guys were amazing and I will for sure come back.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
BaroquePearl, Owner at Rococco Ashvem, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2011

Thanks We are really pleased that we could help you in your hour of need! Please do visit us again when you are next n Goa. We pride ourselves in our homely relaxed atmosphere and we provide respite before and after parties - an oasis right on the beach.

Reviewed January 15, 2011

Beautiful location on ocean edge, especially with an outside lounging area along with an elevated (3 feet) area for meals etc.. could view up and down the coast line.
We were there at the beginning of tourist season, so not crowded in October.
The staff was very friendly and accommadating.
The manager periodically checked to see if everything was suitable for us.
The best thing: availability of scooters for our party to travel the area to visit towns, beaches, flea market, restaurants.....they were easy to drive and economical.
The worst thing: None

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2011

This hotel is in a perfect location, step right out onto the beach which made our lives so much easier and more relaxing. The staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble (even with my two demanding children).
Our room was more than adequate, with comfortable beds and very clean.
I would highly reccommend this to friends and family, with or without children (infact i already have!) Looking forward to returning next year

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family