Overtown Manor Bed and Breakfast
Alexandra House(Wroughton)
$58
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $68/night.

$80
$75
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $90/night.

Free cancellation until 06/01
Priceline
$80
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Thistle Express - Swindon(Swindon)(Great Value!)
$78
$55
  • Breakfast included
$58
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Swindon(Swindon)(Great Value!)
$53
$49
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $71/night.

TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewson arrivalbanana cakesitting roomcountry housecosy countryhome cooked breakfasta special triphomemade cookieslovely surroundingsair showshort drivea great place to staystayed here for one nightbed was very comfortabletea and coffeenancycountryside
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I reiterate all of Angie's comments and add that, from the moment I arrived, I was made to feel very welcome by Nancy. This warm hopsitality continued throughout my short stay at the Manor. As Angie said, you come back from a days work and can wind down with a cup of tea and slice of homemade cake in front of the open fire in the Drawing Room. The rooms are spacious and the beds very comfortable. In the mornings, breakfast is cooked to order and you are offered a range of other choices. I cannot recommend this B & B highly enough to business travellers, as well as those on leisure trips.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2012

A colleague & I were on a business trip in Swindon this week & spent 2 nights at Overtown Manor. I can only echo the high praise of other reviewers. The easy option on a business trip to Swindon is to stay in one of the big chained hotels where many of the conferences are held. After a long meeting the short 10 minute drive out to Nancy is the start of a truly unique experience. The stress of the day completely dissolves with one of Nancy's large pots of tea & a slice of home made cake. The rooms are spacious & spotless, large white towels, sumptuous bed, pillows & quilt all make for a very comfortable stay. Breakfast the following morning far exceeds anthing you would get from a chain hotel and sets you up for the day ahead. Forget the easy option, take the 10 minute drive, you will not regret it! Thanks Nancy, see you next time I am in Swindon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My excellent stay at Overtown Manor has finally made me joing up to Trip advisor so that I can share this wonderful B&B with you all. I travel a lot and I feel that this will be the first of many reviews of hotels. And I bet that few will match the excellence of Overtown Manor.

Arriving at Overtown Manor through leafy country lanes you find your self driving up a gravel drive lined with old stone mushrooms and you come to a stop right out side the beatiful histoic manor house. A couple of steps, again guarded by the giant stone mushrooms lead you to the front door. Nancy, the owner, welcomed my girlfrined and I in. Asked us if we need any assistance with our bags and showed us to our room.

It was early August and Overtown Manor usually closes for a few weeks in the summer so that Nancy can spend time with her two children but because of a mistake on my part with double booking myself in September I asked if we could change the dates to the first week in August. Nancy, with no hesitaiton changed my booking. Since, thery are usually closed this meant that we had the choice of the four rooms as no one else was staying at the manor that weekend. We had the place to ourselves.

Once we had settled in to our luxurious room, which came with homemade cookies, Nancy said that there would be cake and tea or elderflower cordial available and since it was a nice sunny day would we like it in the garden – before the rains came again?

Homemade chocolate sponge cake with refreshing elderflower cordial in beatiful mature garden was a perfect way to start our weekend break. While having cake Nancy checked on us and asked if we had plans for an evening meal. We hadn’t and she recomneded a nice little italian in town close by. Nancy even offered to book it for us. We graciously acdepted and the meal was delightful.

We stayed at Overtown Manor for two nights and vistied the local area. We visited Stonehenge and Avebury and before we set out each morning we were welecomed by a full cooked breakfast (chocies where made the previous night), homemade muffins and banana bread (still warm), fresh fruit, cerial, toast and coffee and tea… what a way to start the day.

Nancy looked afterwards superbly and on our second evning we arrived back and since we were the only guests there missed Nancy, who was busy in the garden with her children. We went to our room and showered and changed for the evening. On leaving the room for our meal we found a tray of homemade cakes and elderflower cordial waiting outside of our door, Nancy did not want to disturb us. We brough thte cake in and decided that woud be perfect desert when we came back.

I cannot recommend Overtown Manor highly enough and Nancy certainly desrves all of the 5 stars.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JonnyAllan
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Everthing about this place is wonderful. Nancy bends over backwards to help. She never stops working - or smiling. The rooms are beautiful and exceptionally clean. Believe me - I am fussy! I was shattered upon arrival and we had two brilliant nights' sleep. There is also a gorgeous drawing room in which to relax. The setting is stunning. Breakfasts are delicious- Nancy's muffins are to die for. Would like to move in! We went for the Marlborough Jazz Festival, but there is so much to see in this stunning part of the world. We ate at Silks on the Downs, which was fab.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Recently stayed here for 3 nights. Nancy is an amazing hostess with personal touches of hospitality like receiving an unexpected cream tea on arrival. The rooms are spotlessly clean with comfortable beds, large bathrooms and bath-robe size towels! Breakfast comprises fresh fruit, juices, cereals along with cooked to order breakfast. A wonderful find within distance of Bath, Cotswolds. Only 4 miles from Swindon trainstation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family