“By far the best b&b I have stayed in”

Overtown Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Wroughton B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“By far the best b&b I have stayed in”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I was fortunate to find the website for Overtown Manor after looking for somewhere to stay while attending a conference close to Swindon.

As soon as I arrived I was made to feel very welcome. The bedroom and en-suite were both large and extremely well decorated, and the breakfast in the morning was delicious. I would have no hesitation in recommending this b & b to anyone, whether travelling alone or with a family.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Could not be faulted, highly recommended, worth the trip just to stay here.

• Stayed October 2011
England
Reviewed October 11, 2011

The second we arrived at Overtown manor we felt like we had arrived home. I travelled with my little baby and mother and Nancy could not have been more helpful and accomodating - she even provided baby shampoo and changing mat! The house itself is beautifully decorated, clean and homely the beds comfortable and the breakfast outstanding, especially the coffee! You must stay at this fantastic B&B my mother and I are already making plans to stay again next year.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I booked Overtown for two nights dinner, bed & breakfast for both my grandparents as part of my grandfather's 85th Birthday trip to STEAM. My husband and I joined them for dinner on the saturday and have to say how blown away i was with just how wonderful this place is.

Nancy helped me with planning quite a lot of this trip and nothing was too much of a bother- I really feel she went well above and beyond to help arrange such a special trip. Both Nancy and her family really were so hospitable and you receive a very warm welcome when staying here.

The food was amazing and if I could eat her creme brulee for the rest of my days I would die happy! My granparents said that breakfast was a real feast with enough choice of fruit salad, cereals and yogurts for those not wishing to indulge in the fantastic cooked breakfast. My grand dad also could not stop talking about the 'massive' slice of cake that he had with tea or how kind Nancy was to them all.

Both the bedrooms and guest areas strike just the write balance of comfort and style whilst maintaining the charm of the manor and the gardens are just a joy. This place would be wonderful at any price but I really think Overtown Manor represents exceptional value for money.
If you ever have the chance to stay here- DO!

1 Thank Sian1984
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Having chosen Overtown Manor on the basis of some already excellent reviews my girlfriend and I stayed for a lovely couple of days during a holiday in Wiltshire. It far exceeded our expectations.

The Manor itself is set in beautiful countryside and has been carefully and tastefully converted into a B&B from the farmhouse and family home in which the proprietor, Nancy, grew up. Nancy herself is friendly, welcoming, helpful and an excellent cook (prior to opening the B&B she was a professional chef); providing a superb breakfast and the option of evening meals prepared with locally-sourced ingredients (including home-grown vegetables and herbs).

The bedrooms are large and well-furnished so although it still has the feeling of a family home (the family are lovely), there is privacy if you want it! The countryside all around is chock-a-block with historical sites, pretty little villages, country pubs, restaurants and walks of all lengths and levels of challenge, which Nancy is happy to recommend should you find yourself unsure of where to start.

I couldn't recommend it any higher and we firmly intend to return as soon as possible. Thank you Nancy (and family) for a wonderful weekend!

1 Thank lexlang
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We had a fantastic weekend at Overtown Manor and I can't recommend it highly enough.

The manor and grounds are beautiful and the rooms are gorgeous. A lot of care and attention to detail has been put into making it a wonderful place to stay.

The B&B is run by Nancy, who grew up in the house. She used to work as a chef so we enjoyed brilliant breakfasts and an excellent dinner on the Saturday night with some other guests. All the food is sourced locally and the vegetables came from the garden. Nancy was a fantastic host - friendly, hospitable and more than happy to suggest places for us to visit. She even offered to lend me a jacket as I forgot to bring waterproofs!

It's located in a lovely part of Wiltshire, easy to find and a short journey from London. There are lots of things to do nearby, including great walks and restaurants. (You will need a car!)

We really loved Overtown and have recommended it to friends and family. Thank you Nancy for a fab weekend - can't wait to come back!

Denbigh
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Booked a single night at Overtown Manor for a local appointment and very impressed all round.
The house and surroundings are beautiful but more importantly to me the room was spacious and spotlessly clean. I'm very particularly about this and was pleased to see clean, white quality bedding, plump cared for pillows and general feeling of comfort. Superb bed even for a dificult to please guest like me!
The hosts are pleasant and helpful providing just the right amount of attention without being intrusive and I was delighted to meet a charming and polite young son of the house.
Overtown Manor is fairly new to the B&B market and well placed to provide a relaxing and enjoyable environment, particularly for business visitors to the Swindon area who want affordable luxury away from the grime and bustle of the city. Overtown Manor has hit the spot exactly as it should be, a very good presentation all round.
I would certainly recommend the Manor and will book there again when I have to return to the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wroughton
De Vere Alexandra House
Chiseldon House
#12 of 24 in Swindon
Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection
DoubleTree by Hilton Swindon

Been to Overtown Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!