“Good hotel in a central location”
Review of Hotel Cala Di Seta

Hotel Cala Di Seta
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Calasetta
London
“Good hotel in a central location”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

The hotel was very clean and located in a good position for the main street of bars etc (Via Roma). It is also 5/10 mins from the nearest beach, Sotto Torre. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful.
My criticism of the hotel would have to be of the breakfast, which was the same every day. I would like to have seen more fruit and local produce used rather than packet breads and brioche.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Wuppertal, Germany
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We were looking for something quiet and off season for a food and walks trip to SW Sardinia. This hotel is perfect in the delightful little village of C. The family run place is ultra clean, quiet, and the staff (mainly family) very helpful with suggestions of things to do and see. I would go back :-). Good price too.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Really nice in the middle of town, Very helpfull stuff. I will consider going there again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Nice simple and very clean hotel, very large rooms, most seem to have a double and a single bed in them. Parking on side streets outside, lots of spaces were always available. Gorgeous girl on reception who is extremely helpful. Staff show you to the room and go through how to use the remote controls etc! Very reasonably priced, we paid £55 per night in September, inc breakfast.

Hotel is in the centre of the nice little town and a short walk to the beach.

One word of warning, about the evening meals! We paid 50euros for 2 of us for a "3 course" meal. We got half a litre of wine between us, starter was nice but small (I had gnocci), main course was dire (couple of bits of pork in an extremely lemonny sauce and a few roast potatoes, that was it!). But the desert was the worst "desert" I've ever had. It was just a biscuit on a plate. They sell a packet of 10 of the biscuits at the supermarket across the road for 4euros!
We ate out the next night at a pizzeria on the harbour where we got the biggest pizza I've ever seen for 7 euros!

Having said that, the breakfast was good with lots of choice.

I would stop here again but I'd eat out in the evenings.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed December 3, 2009

I booked all 20 rooms for my wedding guest and had my reception at Tupei Resort. All the guest stayed there for a week & some for the weekend. The rooms on the top floor are the most beautiful with wooden beams, beautiful decor, great views of the harbour and some had a balcony. Bright and very clean. I was worried about some of the reviews, but asked the hotel to put my parents and family on the top floor and other guest through out the hotel. I had no complaints from anyone. The hotel does not sell the room with no windows anymore & it is used for linens. So dont worry. The rooms on the lower floors are basic, spacious and very clean. If you are concerned, book early & reserve rooms on the top floor, to get your moneys worth.

I would recommend you just book bed & breakfast rate instead of half board as the restaurant they use is great, but pre-selected menu's may limit your choice. Especially when there a lovely places to eat in the small town. I got married in the Tower over looking the beach. The weather was 28 degrees on 26th Sept. Fantastic. The shops were still open & all our guests want to return next year. Obviously, we paid a lower rate in Sept due to low season, if you are used to hotel chains with room service this isnt the hotel for you. As its a bed and breakfast with helpful staff & lovely owners. Remember it is a small off the beaten track village. Traditional values & great community feel. All my guest were patient & poliet & the hotel bent over backwards to ensure they had a good time. This is my 3rd visit to Calasetta & I love it. Summer is packed & crowded in August, with more nightlife, Good RNB and hip hop club a short drive away. Bars open all night. Fishing is great and trip to Carlo Forte is well worth it. Also the Jazz Festival is a good time to go see amazing live music from South Carolina. I would recommend this hotel & would go in spring or late summer to get the deals. I'm reluctant to pay the high season prices for a 3 star, but you are in Sardinia and not Benedorm or Corfu,

• Stayed September 2009
boston
Reviewed October 5, 2009

I have stayed at this locale several times and I have found the hotel to be very pleasant for a number of reasons. It is located right in town and is near the beach, restaraunts and cafe's. The staff is very pleasnat and speaks english which is very rare in that part of Sardegna. The rooms are always clean and the staff at the front desk is always accomadating and extremely pleasant and freindly. I will continue to use this hotel when I am in this part of Sardegna and would reccomend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Boston
Reviewed October 2, 2009

I have been vacationing to Sardinia for the past 10 years and this year we decided to visit Calasetta, a charming fishermen village on the Island of Sant. Antioco. The Hotel CaladiSeta made our vacation wonderful. The staff was great, available, gentle and made our stay a true pleasure.

The rooms are great, simple and quality/price ratio is just perfect. We have kids and vacationing can be expensive. We dined at their restaurant few times.. The food was so fresh.. So delicious!

They were able to give us great tips on local attractions and restaurants.

We would reccomand this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calasetta
Hotel Le Sabbie
#2 of 10 in Carloforte
Nichotel
Nichotel
#1 of 10 in Carloforte

Been to Hotel Cala Di Seta? Share your experiences!