We spent three nights at The Old Rectory and had a fantastic stay. This is without doubt one of the best B&Bs you can find - B&B is probably an inadequate description.
Set just outside Broseley itself, the house is set away from the main road, down a driveway. We were welcomed cordially and escorted to our room on the top floor. The room was spacious and immaculate. Decoration was very light - possibly a little twee for a bloke like me, but the wife liked it. Facilities were very good - digital LCD TV, bath, shower, en suite, large table, comfortable and large bed, free wifi access.
We dined in on the first night and had a lovely meal. Good food and portions were huge. Wine list was fairly limited but perfectly acceptable for a B&B. Breakfast is fantastic - home made muesli and a full English of quality (local products) and quantity that I have seldom encountered.
The owner and staff were attentive throughout and nothing was too much trouble.
The location is a bit of a walk from Broseley, which isn't the liveliest town in the country, so if you want some nightlife or a choice of places to dine it's a taxi drive to Ironbridge or Telford, but if you want a quiet stay in friendly and comfortable surroundings or a base from which to explore the area (you have to cross the iron bridge itself) I can't recommend The Old Rectory too highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Rectory is a Victorian country house set in two acres of lawns, orchards and ponds overlooking the Severn Valley just a mile from the historic town of Ironbridge. Every room has been appointed to exception standards and designed to have an individual character. A peaceful and relaxing location central to the museums and other attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Old Rectory at Broseley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Rectory Hotel Broseley
- The Old Rectory At Broseley Shropshire