“Awesome experience”

The Old Rectory at Broseley
Ranked #1 of 4 Broseley B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We wanted to spend a day at Ironbridge and then stay over somewhere before going onto Attingham Park. I saw The Old Rectory on the internet and thought that it would be perfect. We were not dissappointed it was the best guest house we have stayed in for a long while. We were shown to our room The Wenlock what was amazing, the amount of detail in this room was beyond words and we were shown where everything was and how things worked. The staff at The Old Rectory were really friendly and welcoming. After a day of walking around Ironbridge and Blisst Hill Victorian Town what was really welcome was returning to a relaxing jaccuzi that really restored us for the following day. After a restful nights sleep in what can only be described as a bed made in heaven we woke to have a breakfast that was the biggest I have ever seen, the breakfast table was full of everything you could ever want and that was before the full english plate arrived, when it did I nearly fell of my chair, I would have come here for that alone. What is nice also about The Old Rectory are all the rooms are laid out differently so I for one will be returning here to stay in the other rooms, that is if The Wenlock Room release's it grip on me.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
DAVIDH1949, Owner at The Old Rectory at Broseley, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Mr Haywood
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here , we all look forward to seeing you both again it was a genuine pleasure to have you here.
best regards
from everyone at the old rectory

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights recently and thought it was great. We stayed in the room with a 4 post Spa bath which was really wonderful, so relaxing after a long day on our feet exploring the local museums. The 4 poster bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean and obviously looked after.

I must also mention the full English breakfast, it was absolutely huge, alongside this was a great choice of cereal, spreads and yogurts. Just the way to start the day when you're having a break.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
DAVIDH1949, Owner at The Old Rectory at Broseley, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you, you are more than welcome . Please return to us if ever you come to the area again...we look foreword to your return
best regards from everyone at the old rectory

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at the Old Rectory to celebrate our first wedding anniversary and it was the perfect place to stay to mark this special occasion.

From the warm welcome on arrival to the fond farewell when we left, everything was perfect. We stayed in the Ludlow room, which was wonderful, with its (incredibly comfortable) four-poster bed, spa bath, comfy sofa and huge TV... the champagne and roses on arrival really helped to get our special weekend off to a great start...

Breakfast was plentiful and delicious and served in an attractive dining room.

Throughout our stay David and colleagues were friendly, approachable and always happy to help.

The Old Rectory is a lovely house in a great location - just five mins from Ironbridge, and a few mins from the centre of Broseley - and we enjoyed fantastic meals at Da Vinci's in Ironbridge, and at The King and Thai in Broseley, both restaurants are highly recommended.

Thank you David and team for a wonderful stay at a wonderful B&B... we certainly hope to return one day.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
DAVIDH1949, Owner at The Old Rectory at Broseley, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

We hope that you can come and visit us again ,we would love to have the opportunity to thank you in person for such a great review.
best wishes for the future from everyone at the old rectory
Good Luck

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We rarely stay in B&B's but this one was worthy of any 5* hotel rating. The staff were friendly and welcoming and the room was delightful.

The well cooked and tasty breakfast (which arrived in minutes) was enormous and kept us going all day!

Well worth a visit and will return again if in the area.

Room Tip: View the rooms on the web site. We chose no 6 which was on the ground floor next to the restaurant.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
DAVIDH1949, Owner at The Old Rectory at Broseley, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Your generous review is very much appreciated. we hope that you can come and visit us again to thank you personally for your kind words
from all at the old rectory, a big thank you.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had booked this as an overnight stay but wish we could have stayed longer. We stayed in the Wenlock Room. Amazing doesnt really do this justice the 4 poster bed was wonderful and the 4 poster jacuzzi out of this world. The whole place is clean tidy and obviously well looked after and cared for If you want relaxation this is the place. The breakfast was outstanding the best Ive ever had at a B&B infact this was more like a top class hotel. % mins from iron bridge and all the atttractions I cannot reccomend this hightly enough

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
david h, Owner at The Old Rectory at Broseley, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you so much, your opinions matter a great deal to us,and we appreciate the time taken to write up the review. you are a a really nice couple and we hope that you can visit us again in the future, it was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

The Old Rectory offers outstanding, very clean, very friendly bed and breakfast accommodation in Ironbridge. I searched for a few places in Ironbridge, and this one clearly stood out from the rest.

It was set back from a road, so you it was very quiet and relaxing. Just what I wanted. It also was a 5 min drive to ironbridge gorge where we hired canoes out and paddled up the river seven. If you find its website, you will see that it’s been professionally done but at the same time very welcoming and quite enticing.
A good website, with a vary of different rooms; the old rectory has the only four poster double Jacuzzi bath in town so that was it for me. I always wondered what it would be like, to watch TV while in the bath. Again many times I’ve booked hotels up to £400 a night with a Jacuzzi in the room. None of which had lights inbuilt inside, not as big as this one! It even had a twinkle lights inbuilt above the canopy above you. I was actually vey very impressed. I would say the best one I’ve been to as yet.
The best thing was also the price of the stay! Now I went on a Thursday and currently the owners had it priced for £100.00 including breakfast. Let me tell you, that Yes it was excellent value, we all look for a good bargain but with 5* Luxury. That is very hard to find these days, many really are chain hotels! But if you’re bored of that, go to My Number One Bed And Breakfast in Iron Bridge. The old rectory.
I stayed in the wenlock room, number 6, located next door to the breakfast room on the ground floor.
A stunning property which by the looks of it is extending to provide a bar and a restraint. With an extra master room, so Ill keep check on their progress and Ill be back there.
The owner was a really friendly guy, helpful and is a type of person who seems quite laid back but in a good way. Nothing is too much trouble to ensure your stay is a comfortable with them, now I for one, believe owners can make or break their business. So service and hosptiality was fantastic and hopefully I’ll add some pictures of the bath on here for you all to see.
The TV was a 32 inch hung up on the wall so that’s great, only my slight negative thing, is that it came with no DVD player as listed on website and in room brochure. I did ask the women who checked us in and she said it came without. So our late evening of romantic movies was ruined a little, but we made do with east Enders in the bath. So my only message is to the owner, put a DVD in or take it off the description. Or maybe allow rooms to borrow one if they request.
That’s the only down fall of the place in my opinion.
Breakfast was of quality produce, a nice big portion so that’s nice. Fresh Filtered coffee was much appreciated. And for the first time, on our table were yogurts and activile drinks. Splendid idea there. So yes breakfast was very nice. Although I didn’t see a menu on the table... so unsure what came with the full breakfast. I wasn’t asked for choice of eggs though, maybe you just ask yourself? Their Breakfast came with 2 fried eggs, sausage, 2 bacon, 2 hash brown, fresh tomatoes, baked beans, button mushrooms and black pudding.
5* ON CLEANING, VERY CLEAN INDEED, I MEAN SPOTLESS. I EVEN DID THE HOTEL INSPECTOR CHECK AND YES IT WAS DUST FREE. Great service, nothing was much trouble.
4 half * on the room, Just needs a DVD player for us and maybe a super king bed. But was happy with the double poster as we drew the curtains round and it looked very romantic indeed.
5* Breakfast was lovely and of good quality.

So I will be back to stay when I’m back on Iron bridge, I’ll stay in the other rooms and maybe bring my own DVD player with me. Hahaha...
My best bed and breakfast in Ironbridge.

Room Tip: room 6 ground floor with poster bed and bath in the room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
david h, Owner at The Old Rectory at Broseley, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Dear Ms Macy
I am Speechless. not even the hotel inspector is so thorough. i am grateful that we came up to expectation. (and of course , relieved and happy.)
Receiving a vote of confidence from you really does mean a lot to us,thank you very much for trusting us with your time and your money

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was a bit nervous about staying at The Old Rectory due to of some of the reviews, but as the 5* reviews outweighed the bad ones and it looked too good to give a miss, I decided to book 2 nights and wasn't dissapointed.

For someone who has only ever stayed in cheap hotels such as Premier Inn, this B&B really surprised me. The amount of thought that goes into everything is amazing, there was even face wipes and eye make up removing pads in the bathroom (among other useful extras).

We stayed in the Wenlock room which is lovely; so clean and nicely presented. It is such a luxurious room which we got for a really good rate too. All the nice little extras such as shower gel and mouthwash came in useful as we forgot to bring them. I also loved the bottled water, and there was plenty of hot drinks to choose from.

The staff were really nice, so easy to talk to and definitely made us feel welcome. The breakfast was great; a lot of choice, great food and nicely presented. You could tell that everything used was of high quality.

I'll definitely be staying again! Thanks!

Kim Pearce

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
david h, Owner at The Old Rectory at Broseley, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Ms Pearce
thank you so much for putting your trust in us.we will be delighted to see you again
David

Also consider these accommodations in or near Broseley
Best Western Valley Hotel
Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel
Park Inn by Radisson Telford
3 mi away
The Old Rectory of St James

Been to The Old Rectory at Broseley? Share your experiences!