We stayed with friends and were warmly greeted and shown to our various rooms. All were decorated as for a fashion magazine, with the wow factor. Unfortunately the 'wow' stopped there. The rooms were hot and stuffy. The bed was uncomfortable. The bath with jacuzzi took so many gallons to half fill that the other rooms had no hot water! Breakfast was very disappointing, despite being assured by the owner that the mushrooms were fresh, they were tinned. Why tell a lie? The staff were unable to get the correct orders to the guests and chaos reigned. The best things about the whole place were the magnificant hanging baskets. We all agreed that the Old Rectory was an overstated, awesome looking and underachieving B&B, with extortionate prices for what it was able to deliver.
The best part of this stay was the delightful 'Olive Tree' restaurant in Ironbridge. A real gem with delicious fare served by happy, competant staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Rectory is a Victorian country house set in two acres of lawns, orchards and ponds overlooking the Severn Valley just a mile from the historic town of Ironbridge. Every room has been appointed to exception standards and designed to have an individual character. A peaceful and relaxing location central to the museums and other attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your The Old Rectory at Broseley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Rectory Hotel Broseley
- The Old Rectory At Broseley Shropshire