“Exactly what's needed!”

Harris and Hoole
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Exactly what's needed!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good to have a decent coffee shop in the town not just supermarket ones, even if it is part owned by Tesco. The coffee is good although a little cool for my taste and the teas are lovely with their timers on the teapot. The food is enjoyable, especially the muesli, great for a weekend breakfast and reasonably priced. Sandwiches are very fresh and innovative and the hooligans as they style themselves are helpful and pleasant.
Not sure about the buzzers for collecting the coffee but better than having your name called. Also allowing dogs in seems strange although I have to say they are usually well behaved. It gets very busy at weekends and the building does intensify the noise especially screaming children. All in all hope it stays.

• Visited April 2013

Kent
“Love this place!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have been here a few times now and really like it.

The staff are all very friendly and helpful.
I enjoy the atmosphere and yes there are children in there quite a lot of the time but it is a coffee shop not a library.

They have a lovely little children's toy area at the back of shop which is great for mums and dads to be able to have a chat while the children play.
As all parents know having a chat in a coffee shop with your children there is normally nearly impossible!

The first time I went in here I did question the temperature of the coffee. It was explained to me by a lovely young man that the coffee is served at 60c because the milk is sweeter at that temperature.
This I can agree with actually because I normally have sugar in my coffee but here I do not need it and it is nice to be served your coffee at a temperature you can drink it straight away and not have to wait 5 mins for it to cool down.

Anyway I was told that if I did decide to have my coffee hotter that would not be a problem, I can just ask.

In summary I really like it here and think people need to remember that this is a coffee shop serving great coffee and food and it is a place to go to relax and spend time with friends and family.

I don't find the buzzers you get given when its busy a problem. It only takes a second to collect your coffee and its nice to see the people making the coffee. Other coffee shops you have to stand and wait for your drink so why not take a seat and collect when it's ready?

I hope this place does really well as the town definately needs somewhere like this.

• Visited April 2013
Crowborough, United Kingdom
“Good... but could do a lot better,”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Liked: decor and food (although expensive). Dislike: coffee (you expect more at the price) and staff (too young and indifferent). That said, Crowborough needs somewhere like this... I hope it improves.

Visited April 2013
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Tries to be posh”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

The temperature of the coffee has improved since last visit. This restaurant is owned by Tesco but you wouldn't know as it tends to be trendy. During my visit this morning I had to out up with screaming kids whose mother was too busy on her mobile to notice the disturbance.
The coffee has free Wi Fi and it should be a nice place to enjoy a cup of coffee in this town overwhelmed by super markets.
I don't like the fact that they handle you a gadget that vibrates when your coffee is ready. M&S do this also but with more style.
I'm sure this place will survive in Crowborough because there's not much of a choice, at least it has filled the vacuum left by the demise of Clifton cards.
Maybe the noise level will die down when kids are back at school, today I wished I'd brought my ear plugs with me.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Platense41
Crowborough, England, United Kingdom
“staff on mobiles no sense off urgency”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Just had our first visit to new cafe, although busy some members of staff seemed more concerned with their latest tweet then the customers needs, left the cafe after having two warm coffees staff member leaning on counter back to the door and customers while she tweeted or face booked friends, if your at work mobiles do not come out. if your employed to wait on tables you keep them clean and look after your customers, tweet in your break not when the shop is busy and time for coffee to be made is slow, where was the management (on mobile tweeting most likely.

• Visited March 2013