“Dinner with Friends”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Dinner with Friends”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

A Bank Holiday Sunday evening out with friends. The service and food here is excellent as always and great value. Ken, the owner and Maitre D', is very friendly. There were a few birthdays in the restaurant which involved banana fritters and ice cream with a candle, good fun.

• Visited May 2013

Bucks
“Sumptuous”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Went with 6 other friends. Had a fabulous, greedy, finger-lickin' feast. What can I say ...... Combined 2 set menus which we all dived in and out of. Wine and water constantly topped up. Finger bowls couldn't cope tho ...... Lol

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Bossybabe
East Sussex, United Kingdom
“Messed up my reservation & didn't even try to help!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I'd read such good things about Jade's Palace, and a special friend was visiting from Spain, so i booked a table for the two of us for 7pm on Friday. When I spoke to the member of staff on the phone she confirmed it was all booked. When we arrived at 7pm we were told there was no reservation for us. They offered no explanation at all and when I asked if they could help by fitting us in (as we had actually booked a table!!), my request was met with emphatic head shaking.

I really don't care if the food might be fit for a king, if the service is this bad I'd never recommend it.
I then took my friend to the Blue Asia Indian restaurant in Uckfield where we got friendly service and wonderful food.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank busytucker
Seaford
“I will drive 26 miles again”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a great experience, clean linen table clothes and napkins,good service, hot and tasty food. It is has been a while since I have been able to give a 5 star restaurant rating. Prices were very acceptable. Even the toilets were clean and smelled of disinfectant. Well done. Thanks to the owners for their efforts.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Gapyeargrannie
Sussex, England
“Much hyped, but quite ordinary”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Lots of people have told me how good this place is, and when we pitched up there by chance I was quite excited. However, there was nothing about it which was particularly special - our meals were all pretty routine Chinese with a touch of Malay, and though the service was good I found it a bit cloying. If you have to eat in Crowborough, the choice is not that wide, of course, but I would not partiuclarly seek it out again.

• Visited February 2013