Pluses: 1. Maggie & Ted - who manage to be great hosts whilst still finding time to run both the B & B and the Wheatsheaf Inn next door.
2. The Wheatsheaf on your doorstep - a local pub as locals ought to be, with a good mix of friendly customers. Informal dining on good home-cooked food available mid-week only.
3. Breakfast - full English with no stinting
4. Location. Although the cottage is on the edge of the unlovely town of Crowborough - and only a few minutes walk from the train station - it feels as though it is in the country.
Minus: Very comfortable room, but it is in an old cottage, and our clothes felt a little damp in the morning
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hill Cottage dates back to around 1600 and is a quaint,cosy, heavily beamed stone built country cottage, set in a quiet wooded spot on the edge of town next to a traditional English country pub, yet within short walking distance of Crowborough's two main business parks, local bus services, and the mainline station with trains to London which is just an hour away. Whether your stay is for business, pleasure, or a mixture of the two, we make sure your day gets off to a great start with a wonderful breakfast, and a light packed lunch too if required. There is plenty of car parking, free WiFi, flat screen TV and a hairdryer in your room, comfortable beds with quality linen, fresh fluffy towels and complimentary toiletries. We look forward to meeting you and making your stay in Crowborough most enjoyable....... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hill Cottage Crowborough United Kingdom