A lovely country pub out in the countryside half a mile from the steam train station. We were upgraded for free to the annex room which is a beautifully furnished living room and bedroom. It was very new and clean and seemed luxurious. The bed was very comfy and there were two flat screen TVs. Unfortunately as soon as we used the toilet we discovered it was blocked and was beginning to overflow. It took nearly 3 hours to mend, they had to get an emergency plumber in. The owner tried to find us alternative accomodation as the pub was full but to no avail as everything for 50 miles was full. Luckily the emergency plumber fixed it and the bathroom was recleaned. We spent three hours sat around in dirty clothes waiting to get washed and changed for dinner though and the owner kept saying 'we're not at fault, you're not at fault' as if we had equal responsibility to the management for the problem. They did give us a bottle of house wine as an apology however. Breakfast was fine: fresh fruit, muesli, cereals. There was a good choice of hot food including smoked haddock, kippers, full English. It was a shame that the toast wasn't as good as the previous night's bread. Well worth staying at but check the plumbing
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sea Trout Inn is a traditional South Devon Inn dating back to the 15th century. Situated in the picturesque South Hams village of Staverton near Totnes the Sea Trout Inn hotel and restaurant is an idyllic country retreat. There are 10 well appointed en-suite rooms available for bed and breakfast, perfect for couples and business people alike. The Sea Trout Inn offers an ideal place to stay, relax and wine & dine with friends, family or business colleagues. The restaurant serves a mixture of a la carte and pub classics all sourced locally and as seasonal as nature intended. Our frequently changing menu uses the superb ingredients on our doorstep from South Devon farms and fisheries. Choose to dine alfresco on warm summer days and snuggle up beside the log fires in the winter months. Wonderfully positioned between Plymouth and Exeter we are an ideal base to explore the South Hams with plenty to keep you entertained. Take a trip on the South Devon steam railway from Staverton to the remarkable town of Totnes, set on the beautiful River Dart. Explore the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage of Dartmoor National Park or visit Agatha Christies Greenway. We are a dog friendly Inn and encourage guests to bring their dog with them. South Devon is the perfect place for walking with breathtaking scenery right on our doorstep. The Sea Trout Inn, Staverton Totnes is perfect for a restful weekend break, pub lunch or a romantic dinner. A welcoming and friendly place for all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sea Trout Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Trout Hotel Staverton
- Sea Trout Inn England/Staverton, UK