I booked a stay at the fabulous establishment via Laterooms or so I thought. Laterooms did not pass on the booking so when we arrived for our 2 night weekend stay, we had no booking with the Sea Trout.
The Sea Trout were very apologetic and were able to accomodate us for the first night only. As this was booked as an anniversary surprise this was even more annoying.
Once we unpacked and relaxed we had a wonderful stay and the staff and owners were very friendly and provided an excellent evening.
The only downside was the fact that we were not able to enjoy the full break.
We also spent the following day at the South Devon Railway which was another great success.
What a fab time and we are going back as soon as possible, with our dog next timeand we will be booking direct.
Best that all people booking go direct too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sea Trout Inn is a traditional South Devon Inn dating back to the 15th century. Situated in the picturesque South Hams village of Staverton near Totnes the Sea Trout Inn hotel and restaurant is an idyllic country retreat. There are 10 well appointed en-suite rooms available for bed and breakfast, perfect for couples and business people alike. The Sea Trout Inn offers an ideal place to stay, relax and wine & dine with friends, family or business colleagues. The restaurant serves a mixture of a la carte and pub classics all sourced locally and as seasonal as nature intended. Our frequently changing menu uses the superb ingredients on our doorstep from South Devon farms and fisheries. Choose to dine alfresco on warm summer days and snuggle up beside the log fires in the winter months. Wonderfully positioned between Plymouth and Exeter we are an ideal base to explore the South Hams with plenty to keep you entertained. Take a trip on the South Devon steam railway from Staverton to the remarkable town of Totnes, set on the beautiful River Dart. Explore the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage of Dartmoor National Park or visit Agatha Christies Greenway. We are a dog friendly Inn and encourage guests to bring their dog with them. South Devon is the perfect place for walking with breathtaking scenery right on our doorstep. The Sea Trout Inn, Staverton Totnes is perfect for a restful weekend break, pub lunch or a romantic dinner. A welcoming and friendly place for all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your Sea Trout Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Trout Hotel Staverton
- Sea Trout Inn England/Staverton, UK