Conchal Hotel
$41
$33
Hotel Nany(Brasilito)(Great Value!)
$83
Quinta Esencia B&B(Brasilito)(Great Value!)
$80
$441
  • Breakfast included
Reserva Conchal Beach Resort, Golf & Spa(Playa Conchal)(Great Value!)
$390
$280
Guanacaste Lodge(Playa Flamingo)(Great Value!)
$75
$73
Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa(Playa Flamingo)(Great Value!)
$240
$129
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewspapaya restaurantcosta ricaboutique hotelguacamolean oasisbusy roadplaya brasilitosmall hotelthe main roaddelicious foodlive musicsuperior roomowners and staffminute walktropical plantsthe entire stafflittle gem
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Great vibe, very relaxing, perfect feeling, little turtles and iguanas and birds in the court yard, beautiful pool, relaxing hammocks, amazing food and drinks, owners are awesome very kind, treat you like a friend not a customer, they also have live music sometimes, HIGHLY recommend, I have been to Costa Rica multiple times, best hotel so far

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tpike758
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Brasilito is a very laid-back, unpretentious beach village - just what we were looking for. Simon and Hilda have this wonderful & small hotel. As others have mentioned, it is currently undergoing renovations due to a fire but we were not bothered by it at all. Our room was comfortable with A/C, a small frig, TV, and good wi-fi. The only downside for us: their wonderful restaurant, Papaya, which gets rave reviews, was closed. Of course, this gives us a good excuse to return, which we will. This is not the place for you if you are looking for high-rise condos and hotels blocking the beach views. This is what beach towns in Florida were like 50 years ago - and Conchal Hotel is a perfect place to stay and enjoy the relaxed ambiance.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Simon P, Owner at Conchal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Conchal! Sorry that you did not have a chance to try the restaurant, which is closed for yearly staff vacations and will reopen November 15. We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was my very first time to Costa Rica. I was told that Playa Conchal is one of the most beautiful beaches in the country, so I decided to check it out. The only high-end hotel in the area is the Westin, which I wasn't going to pay like $300/night for. But I saw this little boutique hotel at less than $60/night. At first, I was hesitant, because I assumed the disparity in price would indicate the difference in quality. Boy, was I wrong. Without sounding like I work for the hotel, let me just say that for the cost, for the location, ambiance, and friendliness, it would be hard pressed to find another hotel with this kind of value. Honestly, they could charge more, but I know they are currently going through construction. It's a shame as I was told that the neighbor had accidentally set the hammock and restaurant area on fire. But I hear that they will be back with two floors, two restaurants, and even an elevator!! I am going to go back when they do, as this was an awesome hotel in a super friendly, local area. Once it's renovated, I wouldn't even need to leave the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tRaCeBuStAyO
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Despite being under renovations, this is a perfectly lovely place to stay. The rooms are very nicely decorated, and quite large considering how small the hotel is. Flacco makes funny little shapes on the beds with the towels and flowers, there are birds, butterflies, and flowers everywhere... in the morning there is strong costa rican coffee by the pool. Hilda was really helpful arranging seamless transportation, Simon very friendly and knowledgeable. Brasilito beach is a 1-minute walk away, Conchal beach maybe 5 blocks (but you're walking along the kind of beach view postcards are made of) the grocery store is 30 meters away. Their Papaya restaurant is a lovely place for breakfast, too, and dinner. Perfect, quiet, pretty little place to stay in Brasilito.

The town is the real gem, tho. The Soda restaurant has delicious fresh fish dishes with rice and beans and plantains and salad, you eat while ducks and chickens and dogs run around. Definitely check out Don Roger at the Indira bar right on Brasilito beach for fresh mango margaritas and the most delicious ceviche I ever had, couldn't get enough. (He also arranged a fantastic snorkeling/fishing trip and his dominican chef cooked up what we caught - best morning ever!) This open-air beach bar is falling apart, but it's the most charming quirky place to watch incredible sunsets over the ocean, and sip a drink, have a snack, the place has so much character you just have to see it yourself. I'd review it, but tripadvisor doesn't know about it.

All the little local fish restaurants are just great; local food and friendly local people. This is not a resort town, this is the real deal, if that's what you're into. In August you have the beach almost to yourself if you walk south on Conchal beach a bit, and it's as close to paradise as I have ever been. Unreal. Conchal hotel is a perfect home base for it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank citygirl146
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed at the Conchal Hotel in July 2013. The hotel was under renovations. We stayed for three nights in one of the rooms along the pool. Despite the on-going work and construction noise in the background, we were pleased with the quality of the accommodation and friendliness of the manager (Ginette from Canada). Once the renovations completed this beautiful hotel will be even nicer! Not to be missed, is their small restaurant down the road where the food is excellent and staff equally friendly. The highlight of our stay: wonderful towel arrangements with exotic flowers. Every morning a new creations ... superb!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Simon P, Owner at Conchal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Michel, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we are very glad you enjoyed your stay. We are very pleased so far with the renovations that have been completed, as are our guests! We are now at the end of our first phase with all our rooms, pool area and garden open for use. The next step will be remodeling the rancho and restaurant areas, which will take place at the back of the property away from the rooms and pool. Thanks again and we hope to see you on another occassion! Simon