“Undergoing renovations … for the better …”
Review of Conchal Hotel

Conchal Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Brasilito
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed at the Conchal Hotel in July 2013. The hotel was under renovations. We stayed for three nights in one of the rooms along the pool. Despite the on-going work and construction noise in the background, we were pleased with the quality of the accommodation and friendliness of the manager (Ginette from Canada). Once the renovations completed this beautiful hotel will be even nicer! Not to be missed, is their small restaurant down the road where the food is excellent and staff equally friendly. The highlight of our stay: wonderful towel arrangements with exotic flowers. Every morning a new creations ... superb!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Simon P, Owner at Conchal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Michel, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we are very glad you enjoyed your stay. We are very pleased so far with the renovations that have been completed, as are our guests! We are now at the end of our first phase with all our rooms, pool area and garden open for use. The next step will be remodeling the rancho and restaurant areas, which will take place at the back of the property away from the rooms and pool. Thanks again and we hope to see you on another occassion! Simon

There are newer reviews for Conchal Hotel

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I recently had the privilege of staying at this gorgeous little hotel, the price was incredible as was the food at Papaya and the pool was perfect~! Your hosts Simon and Hilda were extremely gracious from the moment we arrived. This is by far the best option for accoms in the area. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

No wonder many people talks about weddings in this hotel... The place is beautiful, and everything is just right. The owners are very friendly and they're very helpful on tips about Brasilito and Conchal and other visits that you should visit will staying there. Unless you're in rainy season, you'll be able to visit Conchal beach by car, or of course you can go walking, but it's not a short walk (but you don't want to miss conchal!)

Room Tip: Ask on the phone for the differences between rooms, they're totally worth!
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed here my first night in CR, as my rental was not yet ready. Conchal hotel is cozy, clean, elegant, comfortable, restful and friendly with beautiful gardens. This treasure has a beautiful pool in the center of the private rooms, with a gorgeous 'bungalow' that hosts a full service bar and restaurant.

Breakfast is included in your stay, which is delicious with daily specials. They offer fresh, organic choices. My dinner choice that night was the grilled tuna. The best I have ever had!

Even though I only spent one night there, I was back there for dinner and drinks. They also have a great happy hour and live music on Tuesdays.

The owners, Simon and Hilda, live on site and make you feel so welcomed. I had met a couple on my flight out, who were going to Costa Rica to get married, alone. Friends and family were not joining them. I talked to Hilda, who was more than happy to help pull together a celebration for them. She is so sweet!

I will be back. My Mom would love this place. I hope I can bring her with me!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We spent three nights at the beginning of our trip. Hilda was the most charming and helpful hostess! Beautiful courtyard garden with a pristine pool. A little fountain burbled and it was all so prettily lit up at night. Welcome poolside pina coladas...... Rooms were lovely. It was very hot out while we were there, so air conditioning was very welcome and we had no problem with any noise from the road. I am a light sleeper and I was aware of television noise from room next door at night, but my partner was fine. But the positives completely out weigh this slight negative. We shared with Hilda our woes with our attempts at car rental at the airport in Liberia. She was able to arrange a very reasonable car rental which was delivered to us the next day to the Hotel Conchal. Hilda literally saved our trip! We made the walk down to the beach a few times during our stay--and once we got used to it, it seemed very quick to make it to Playa Conchal. We had wonderful swimming on Playa Conchal, especially at lower tide. We were happy to find shade there as well. Breakfast was great with lots of very good coffee. We loved the cinnamon bread and fruit. We enjoyed our dinners there--especially the guacamole and I had the best ceviche that I have ever tasted. Thanks again to Hilda for going the extra mile for us!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

we spent 3 nights here on our honeymoon, and found hotel conchal to be a superb blend of comfort and hospitality. a 5 minute walk from the beach and small cluster of restaurants and shops made for a great location. the room was spacious and extremely clean with a good wifi signal. breakfast was included and was basic but of excellent quality. the pool was small but clean and of perfect temperature. my favorite part of the hotel was the ambiance at night. the way the hotel is decorated and lit was extremely romantic. tuesday night featured live music in the restaurant and was very entertaining, a talented solo guitarist/vocalist playing american hits mostly from the 70's and 80's - highly recommend if get a chance. finally, the hosts simon and hilda were friendly and helpful and made sure all of our special requests were fulfilled.

*side note: the only bad thing that happened to us (which had nothing to do with the hotel) was that our flip flops were stolen at the beach while swimming in the ocean. brasilito does not appear to be a dangerous place at all, but don't leave any personal property unattended, no matter the value.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Simon and Hilda the most charming host and hostess. I stayed for 10 days at the Conchal Hotel recovering from a fire in my apartment in Vancouver, Canada. I had the best food and the most wonderful time. The room was perfect, with a most comfortable bed, nice appointments, air (which I did not need really), cable TV (which I did not watch) as I wanted to be out and about. The other wonderful experience regarding staying at Conchal were the other guests. The type of person who likes a boutique hotel is much different than people who want the big resort experience. My experience was serene and uplifting. It was perfect. PS Hilda is a 5 Star chef in my opinion.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Simon P, Owner at Conchal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

It really was our pleasure to have you as our guest at Conchal! Thanks so much for your comments, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to 'recharge' after your problems at home.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brasilito
Reserva Conchal Beach Resort, Golf & Spa
#2 of 5 in Playa Potrero
Hotel Nany
Hotel Nany
#3 of 3 in Brasilito

Been to Conchal Hotel? Share your experiences!