“Honeymoon in Paradise”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Brasilito
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Honeymoon in Paradise”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

My wife & I spent our 8-night honeymoon solely at Hotel Brasilito in the Guanacaste Region of Costa Rica. The hotel was exactly what we were looking for. The proprietor, Shelley, and her staff were very accommodating, the room quaint & clean, the bed comfy and the location perfect. Brasilito / Conchal Beach is picturesque and right in front of the hotel. The crashing S. Pacific waves, just yards away, provided for a terrific night's sleep. The Oasis Restaurant at Hotel Brasilito offers traditional Costa Rican dishes including locally caught seafood as well as American favorites. It's open-air dining overlooking an ocean front patio. You will see one of the most beautiful sunsets in the world from there. We could not find a better breakfast anywhere in Brasilito. It was the perfect way to start the day before enjoying very reasonably priced recreational activities close-by such as snorkeling, horseback riding, deep sea fishing & ATV / zip-lining tours. If you are looking for a straight-up American style bar & grill check out Don Brasilito's just down the road. If you are looking for an authentic, comfortable stay in Brasilito at a real bargain definitely kick it at Hotel Brasilito and please tell Shelley as well as the locals across the street at Indira Bar that Chris & Kristina from North Carolina say hello and we'll see them soon. Pura Vida!

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the view from the oceanfront rooms and the deck. We also took advantage of a spec...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Moab, Utah
Reviewed January 21, 2012

My husband and I took our honeymoon in Costa Rica. Our first stop was Hotel Brasilito. I am SO glad we stayed here. It was less than an hour drive from the airport, so we were out on the beach very soon after we landed. The beach was quiet and relaxed, the hotel was very comfortable and the staff was exceptionally helpful. All of the reservation staff speak great English, and the restaurant (el oasis) workers spoke a lot too. The town of Brasilito was great to walk around and there are several restaurant options within walking distance. One day on the beach we even saw howler monkeys in the tree right above us! The rooms are basic (for $44 a night -- awesome value), but I didn't come to Costa Rica to sit in my room. The rooms were very clean and comfortable -- if you needed another towel or something, just ask for it! It also felt very safe, I was never worried about items I left in my room. We liked Hotel Brasilito so much we came back for our last night in Costa Rica -- a great way to end the trip.

One word of warning: there are chickens on the property and the roosters were very talkative in the early mornings. Bring earplugs if you want to sleep in!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Room was very basic which is ok if clean, but it was not! No sleep at night because of loud music from the beach bar and dogs, chickens etc. making noise all through the night! We checked out after 1 night and moved to Cabinas Gloria on the main street. Basic too, but clean and with nice terrasse! And very quiet!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I'm just back from a 20 night stay at Hotel Brasilito. I originally planned to stay 10 days and move on but the location along with people encouraged me to stay on.
I said to myself " when the day comes I discover nothing completely new I will move on." It never happened.
The rooms are basic. In typical Tico style the are no bathtubs, just over sized showers. This hotel though did have proper hot water - bonus for a budget hotel in Costa Rica. The beds were very comfy and I had plenty of room in the armoire for everything I brought.
There is a quiet back patio & picnic area and the best people watching patio in Brasilito out front facing the ocean. zazou2ur says its a very small beach which tells me they never moved off of the patio, Brazilito Beach stretches for 3 km, and the adjoining Playa Conchal (considered by many as the best Beach in Costa Rica) stretches another 3 km. Folks at the Best Western on Conchal are paying $350 US + for access to the very same beach.
Between the location, the food, the staff and the price I would highly recommend Hotel Brasilito. But, if you are expecting your typical American Holiday Inn, I would not bother. There are plenty of lovely beaches in the US for that.
The one drawback are the chickens next door. The roosters seem like they are up all night, so if you are a very light sleeper, bring earplugs. I got used to them after a few days.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank TravelinTerry11-11
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Probably the best place to stay in Brasilito, but that isn't saying much. Whilst it's lively in the evening and a short walk from Playa Brasilito, the hotel is nothing like the website makes it out to be. Right next to the dreadful and noisy Indira bar, the whole place is best avoided.

• Stayed January 2012
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2012

My friend and I spent Dec 31 to January 4 in Brailito, and stayed at this hotel. We had a great time - everyone there was incredibly friendly and helpful, the food at the restaurant was great, our room was clean and comfortable. I would definitely go back and stay there again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
shelleyanne, Owner at Hotel Brasilito, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Hi Anya,

Glad you had a good time at Hotel Brasilito! Thanks for writing us such a nice review!

Shelley
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 2, 2012

The hotel is very close to the beach, however, the beach is very small and cannot be seen from the hotel rooms, except if you manage to get one of the two rooms above the reception. The hotel has a nice restaurant and there a couple of "comida tipica" restaurants close by.
Our room was tiny and very basic. The shower curtain in the bathroom was covered with mold... We could barely sleep at night because the hotel is surrounded by the neighbors' roosters who started their serenade at 1.30am and continued till 6am with short intervals. Exhausted, we checked out at 7am.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zazou2ur
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brasilito
Conchal Hotel
Paradise Flamingo Beach
Paradise Flamingo Beach
#2 of 7 in Playa Flamingo
The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal

Been to Hotel Brasilito? Share your experiences!