“fresh seafood family friendly”
Review of The Happy Snapper - CLOSED

The Happy Snapper
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We spent the day at Playas Brasilito and Conchal and then ate dinner at the Happy Snapper. We jumped in the pool prior to dining, it was great to wash the salt off and change out of our bathing suits. They have a kids menu but were out of hot dogs- our kids chose spaghetti and a burger and were happy with their choices. I had fish (tilapia?), my wife had a recommended lobster shrimp combo dish and we were both happy. Service was efficient and pleasant. One of our better Costa Rican meals.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

When setting up our itinerary for our Costa Rica trip, we agreed to set aside one evening for a higher end dinner. We chose the Happy Snapper based on a friend's recommendation. Although we went in the off season, the restaurant had several clients and a local singer doing both American and Spanish language songs. The meal was excellent! Although some would not consider the prices too high, they were reasonable for those of us traveling on a budget. The owners Mike and Craig walk around introducing themselves and checking in with the customers. Come to find out, Craig came from The Sacramento area and so we did some reminiscing. It made for an enjoyable evening.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Happy Snapper in Brasilito was the best food we ate during our trip last week to Costa Rica. We started with spicy chicken wings and cerviche and both were delicious. My husband ordered the fried shrimp and I had the grilled seafood platter that was overflowing with grilled calamari rings, small crab, shrimp, fish, clams, and lobster. The lobster was the most tender I have ever tasted. My husband is still talking about the shrimp. I took leftovers from my seafood platter back to my room and enjoyed the rest for lunch the next day and was full again. We will definitely return on our next trip.

1  Thank LegalmomHouston
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Eh its alright, very pricey though. You can get way better food and service at any other local eats. Food was alright and the drinks were nothing to brag about. Overall just ...eh. Go to Pollo Tropical, Indira Bar, or Soda el Coco.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

The happy snapper is a great restaurant 5 minutes from Conchal. They always have very fresh seafood and a great lobster deal. Best restaurant in town as well as a great value. Definately recomend.