“pleasant surprise -- in spite of the sign!”
Review of Don Brasilitos

Don Brasilitos
Ranked #9 of 27 Restaurants in Brasilito
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Costa Rican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Welcome to Don Brasilitos, one the most relaxed and friendly bars you'll come across. Situated right in beautiful Playa Brasilito, Guanacaste, Costa Rica, enjoy your time drinking the cheapest beers and booze around. The food is good, fast, and easy on the wallet as well. We've got everything from traditional Costa Rican cuisine and delicious seafood, to pizza, pasta, and typical American and Mexican dishes. A true blend of everyone including ex-pats, locals, and tourists, all come to Don Brasilitos to enjoy the pure life. We’re open 11am-1am, 7 days a week, all year long, so stop by and pay us a visit!
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We were staying over at Conchal, so this was relatively close. We came at night but realize there's a good beach/ocean view. Between 6 of us, we ordered a smorgasboard. Everything was better than mediocre, in fact we all must have been hungry because we ate everything. Plenty to go around -- I had a pizza! Large (2 liter) bottles of beer at a decent price. When we walked in we wondered if the service would be that -- "service" -- and it actually was. What is weird and may make people think this is 2nd-rate is their sign: a voluptuous bikini-clad woman (think Ursula Andress) being closely followed by Danny Trejo on a harley motorcycle. Regardless of initial preconceptions, we went away satisfied.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Great food and good prices! Great view of the Pacific Ocean. They have added new tables and chairs recently. Not our first trip to eat here. We are return customers!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Eh. This place has a super American feel - and while I know that makes some travelers more comfortable, that isn't why we went to Costa Rica.

My husband's food - chicken wings, followed by a meat-chicken-pork kabob platter - was fantastic. I ordered the pasta and it was nearly disgusting. Mediocre service.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Let me start by saying the food across Guanacaste in Flamingo, Tamarindo, etc is all very, very good to excellent. We stopped at Don Brasalito at night on a Tuesday after a full day of sight seeing in the middle of Guanacaste(Arenal etc.). None of our group of 4 was overly hungry but we wanted to try this restaurant. Unfortunately the food was mediocre at best. I ordered the barbecued ribs, my wife ordered fried shrimp and the couple we were with ordered a meat sampler plate for two to share. The ribs were more fat than meat, the shrimp was a little soggy and the meat plate had some tasty items(wings) but not much. The fries were simply okay.
I know reviews of this restaurant are generally very good. Our experience on this day simply did not measure up. The restaurant does have a great atmosphere and location and I would likely give it another chance on a different day. For some reason on this day, things just didn't click for us or Don Brasalito.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

this was my favorite meal, on the beach, toes in the sand, and excellent service. the waiter was the owner himself, we were so lucky! we were entertained by a fabulous lightening show, breath taking.