“Overpriced Average”

Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Unfortunately like most Sodas in the tourist areas of CR this place is overpriced and the food is average at best. Yes, the service is friendly & Miguel and his wife are very nice people. However, charging almost $20 for average food makes you feel taken advantage of. They claim everything is fresh and organic, but one may wonder while you watch them microwave all of the side portions in front of you, Organic & fresh is great until it sits in the "nuker" for a few.
You are probably better off ordering the fish rather then the steak here. The steak I had was supposed to be a tenderloin but honestly was a poor cut that they tried to mask in sauce. It was also under-cooked twice. The ma-hi ma-hi was good I am told. Did not try it personally. Overall if you enjoyed getting very average food at a high price go here. It seems that after a few cocktails people have decided to give this place a good review based on service & alcoholic taste buds. The truth is it is yet another dining tourist trap in the beach area. I say this because I had the best meal of my trip in a hole in the wall in the interior earlier in the day. No gimmicks just great food. So I know it does exist in CR.

2  Thank NYC_Travelin_Band

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We enjoyed our meal. Miguel was very proud of his place, and it shows. The cook (maybe his wife?) came out and asked if every thing was OK...it was! The tomato salad that came out first was my favorite part. Price was a bit more than a true "local" place might have been, but the quality of the food and the preperation make it a great value. Our bill was less than $30 for my wife and I to have salad / large entres / and a pina drink. We would go back.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

My family of six and two parents stopped in, had to ask where to park, and by the time we walked in, Miguel had our table of 8, set and ready to go! An awesome atmosphere for our young children and great food. Miguel took the time to get to know our four children and especially our 4 year old Spencer. The patacones were a hit with Spencer and Miguel made sure everyone's meals were exactly what they wanted. He even taught Spencer his special handshake and made eating out with small children, very relaxing and memorable. Hats off to his wife and staff for a great meal and experience! Will be back before our trip is over!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

THE people are really nice . We went there for lunch. Paid 14$ each for two drinks And a meal. I had ribs, too greasy And no big portion.THE marinade was good. I m a thin woman And i was still hungry. THE two other people had fish. It was good but not enough. This is à place where you can grab a simple meal at a high Cost. Let's be honnest, 14$ is expensive for a local lunch.

1  Thank Antje001
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Miguel is a fantastic owner. He picked us up from the Westin resort at Reserva Conchal and drove us back afterwards. Way better food than the Westin options (which are ridiculously expensive, by the way), very reasonably priced, and the service was fantastic. Miguel even let us wait until we got back to the hotel to pay him in cash--thus avoiding the 13% government credit card charge. Would go back!