“Very Good Food, Restaurant A Bit Shabby”
Review of Tung Fong

Tung Fong
Ranked #5 of 31 Restaurants in Worsley
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Ate here for the first time in over twenty years, and enjoyed a very good meal.

The seaweed dim sum platter was lovely; the steamed Har Kau and Siu Mai weren't gelatinous like they are in many places. Salt and pepper ribs were great, succulent with plenty of meat on the bones. Steamed scallops with ginger and spring onion were delicate and fragrant.

My main course of steamed seafood in spicy Hunan sauce was very good indeed; the prawns, scallops and monkfish were tender and the sauce had a good spicy kick to it. My partner's chicken in lemon and honey sauce was also very good, not sweet and cloying like in many places.

The food was very good, but the place itself could do with a refurb, or an update, and the staff are a little surly and unfriendly as other reviews have said.

However, despite the decor and the staff, it won't be another twenty years before we return!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We came here because it was a very special occasion within our family. Two of our family members come here all the time and rave about how good the food is so we couldn't wait to try it. The place it's self is really lovely. It is set just in worsley village near the green. There are spaces to park at the front. The place felt really authentically Chinese and the staff were very welcoming. I had hot and sour soup for starter and sweet and sour chicken for my main. I also tried everybody elses dishes and they were just as nice. The table was cleared very quickly for each course. It was the best chinese I have ever experienced in the Worlsey/Eccles/Salford/Monton area. If you love Chinese food and you want a lovely authentic sit down meal, look no further. My only negative is that it was quite pricey but I suppose you get what you pay for!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

For special occasions we always go here. Food is great if a little pricey. Service is fast and efficient.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Always a warm welcome from the reception staff. Huge choice of menu - but I reccomend the seafood dishes as they are excellent. Be daring and try the spicier dishes - they are very tasty without being overpowering.
The staff are all very helpful and charming, and are happy to let you take your time.
Two sitting times of 7 and 9pm, but you can go a little earlier or stay a little later if you want.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have dined here in all of the above configurations and it never fails to impress. It is not good value for money, nor do they go the extra mile to make you feel especially at home. The food will disappoint those who require the heads up MSG experience but for those that love beautiful, understated Chinese cuisine it leaves Central Manchester behind, and that's a fact. If you've picked up that I love the food more than the restaurant as a whole then you're right. You are definitely not made a fuss of.