“Chinese food a bit different to the rest”
Review of Tung Fong

Tung Fong
Ranked #5 of 28 Restaurants in Worsley
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The Tung Fong has been around for many years. Mostly Chinese dishes, they also do some other Asian dishes. All the normal dishes are there as well as some interesting ones that you don't find elsewhere often. Hot dishes on the menu are marked with chilli symbols - Up to 3 chillies is OK, 4 chillies is a bit too much for me. I've enjoyed almost every dish I'v tried. Only the lemon chicken was not to my taste. We generally share a rice or noodle portion between 2 or 3 people. Service is efficient if not always with a smile. You get all this for what I consider a reasonable price considering the variety and quality of the food.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have eaten at the Tung Fong for many years, it is our family's choice for special occasions. My brother proposed to his wife there! The food is consistantly excellent. My last visit was in December when standards of food can often drop because of the Chritmas party demand. Not at the Tung Fong. We had one of the banquets and it was truly spectacular. Everyone of the dishes was wonderful, a little different, but delicious.
(We won't mention the custard for the Christmas pudding!)
This would have rated as an excellent visit apart from one thing, the attitude of the staff. With the exception of the young man on the reception and one lady who was very pleasant, the rest of the serving staff were offhand and sometimes downright rude. Asking for more drinks felt like an intrusion and I felt like an inconveniece and lucky to be there. This is an excellent restaurant and would be outstanding if the staff were as welcoming as most Chinese restaurant staff are. Come on, Tung Fong, an occaisional smile wouldn't hurt!!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Been going to Tung Fongs for over 20 years as a local, the management and staff are very friendly, the service is excellent. We have never had a bad meal or service ever. The only down side is the tours, I find them a little intrusive when you have gone out for a quiet meal, so we do tend to avoid certain nights, but the food is always excellent

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is not the most high profile Chinese in Manchester but it is the best in a wonderful location in Worsley. The food is reliable and consistent. I have taken work colleagues there and they always asked for a return visit. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a table of ten, colleagues and clients, food is excellent as is the service. Can't fault this restaurant. The best Chinese food I've eaten in a very long time...