“Great location, poor service - give it a miss on busy days”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Moorings

Moorings
Ranked #18 of 26 Restaurants in Worsley
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester UK
“Great location, poor service - give it a miss on busy days”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Given that this restaurant/pub is only ten mins walk from home, its convenient for when a quick cheap tea is required. The pub is one of the 2 for a tenner establishments, and while some of the food can be hit or miss, in general it is usually OK for what you pay.

The pubs star feature is its location, right next to the canal, something it doesn't really make the most off.

Its main problem is staffing, which I guees is always done to a bare minimum. If you suddenly get a nice day - then they struggle with the rush.

A visit approx 5 weeks ago on a unexpected sunny Wednesday had seen the pub busy when we arrived at 7.30ish. We sat outside, food came quick, but six or seven tables around us had empty glasses on. Staff were only just starting to clear them away when we left approx 45 mins later.

My wife and I actually started to enjoy the amount of times one of the girls came out with food, only to walk back in empty handed. No attempt at all was made to clear dirties away.

However it was a vist last week that really showed how much staff care at this pub.

Arriving on a Tue evening, about 7.15ish, again it had been busy. Plently of spare tables - all of which were clear. The four of us selected a table, decided on what we were eating and I went to the bar to order.

A small queue but not a problem. After a couple of minutes my wife approached me to say they had been told / asked to move tables as the one we were sat was reserved. There was no indication on the table, which was pointed out, the reply being an abrupt someone had probably moved it. We switched tables (there were plenty to pick from).

Slightly annoying, but not the end of the world. However what tipped the scales was the service I received when placing the order. The converstaion went along the following lines:-

Me - Table 38 (or whatever number we were sat at)
Girl - Hours wait
Me - Sorry?
Girl - hours wait for food

No sorry sir we are a little busy this evening, there may be up to an hours wait.

Not even a hint of warmth or care in her voice.

I dont expect to enter any establishment and be greeted with two words that dont even form a sentence.

The four of us left and went to The Woodside around the corner.

The restaurant lost four meals that evening along with drinks. I suspect nobody cared or even noticed.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank A380ManchesterUK

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Good Food and gorgeous view”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Lovely on a great day to walk down the moorings and then stop for a drink and a bite to eat whilst watching the world go by. There is even a little playground for the little-uns.
The only thing that lets it down is the lack of staff to serve. The place can get very busy as it is popular on a nice day and there is rarely enough staff on to cover the amount of customers!!

Visited August 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolute disgrace!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Me,my dad & my brother decided to try this what you call good service/food establishment as many people have said about it, well can 1000% say we will NEVER be going back!

The food was horrendous!!

What we had:

My dad: Mixed Grill, he ordered it medium rare - the steak came more well done than medium/rare, the chicken was mega tough and dry and the veg well, was rubbery!!

Me: Hunters chicken, Chicken was again very tough, dry and again veg was rubbery, also the bacon was over cooked and sauce was hardly there!

My brother: bbq bucket, there was NO pork rib in - wen questioned it, was told they had none in and was given ONE extra TINY chicken wing!

Once we had attempted to eat this disgrace i myself complained to the staff who then said she would get the manager, i spoke to the manager who said he would give us a free desert, NO apology or nothing!!

The desert was well shocking to be honest! Very over powering with the chocolate. Terrible after-taste!

Certainley NOT going back there ever again!

1 Thank LeahBby
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Very nice place for a bite to eat with a view”
Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

Had a very nice meal at the moorings with family. Nice cheap menu with lots to choose from. Food was hot and tasty. Beer was cold and very reasonably priced. Also nice view of the canal from the dining room or from the outdoor tables. Staff also very friendly and would point out the cheapest combination of food available when you ordered which was a nice touch.
I would reccomend a visit to anyone looking for some hot pub grub or Sunday lunch.

Accrington, United Kingdom
“Tasty food at very reasonable price.”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Four of us called at Moorings pub to try their 2 for £10 menu. We were looking for a quick, cheap meal and didn't expect it to be great for that price. We were pleasantly surprised to be served hot, tasty food and plenty of it. We had 2 mixed grills, chicken burger and gammon which came to £26. Gammon and burger are on the 2 for £10 deal and mixed grill is a very reasonable £8. Although the portions were very generous we couldn't resist the dessert menu and I chose the delicious Tuck Shop Ice Cream Cake. Add to this the polite, efficient staff, varied menu,Stella Artois on draught and I will definitely be returning.

• Visited March 2012