Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Novotel Manchester West(Worsley)(Great Value!)
$155
$208
PremierInn.com
Travelocity
1,282 results
All reviewsgolf courseleisure facilitiessteam roomtwo double bedstrafford centrechimney barlovely hotelgolf clubwedding partybeautiful groundsreception staffpublic areasbuffet stylebreakfast was excellenta lovely staylovely roomsaturday night
Reviewed June 6, 2014

The spa services we received were excellent and all the staff very friendly and knowledgeable about the products.

Hotel room was clean and spacious. Twin double room with loads of space for myself and my daughter to spread out.

Dining room had a lovely atmosphere and food was excellent. The only downside was the drinks prices. £26 for a standard bottle of Zinfandel!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed here for two nights visiting family who live nearby. We arrived by train at Piccadilly and took a taxi (15/20 minutes - cost £20 including tip) in perfect sunny weather. The receptionist who greeted us was in 'high speed' mode gabbling questions at us before we had even put our bags down. "Motor mouth" is not a very polite description but I cannot think of anything better. Once this so called 'greeting" and compulsory credit card payment had been made, we got our keys and escaped to the tranquility of our room. We would have downgraded this hotel by one point for this unpleasant initial experience. However all was made up by another member of the reception team who was helpful and very pleasantly explained how to get to the local catholic church for Mass the next day.

The rooms are on the small side but very comfortable and everything works. Breakfast is perfectly OK and typical of chain hotel fare in the UK and Ireland - nothing special! We had lunch here on Sunday with some of our family (four adults and three children) and this was excellent. The food, wine and service were very good indeed. All the staff made it a very enjoyable experience, especially for the young ones. The only thing after lunch was the fact that "speedy gonzales" on our arrival had not registered my credit card - merely deducted the full price of the bed and breakfast rate. The restaurant had to go through the hoops to take additional payment for an expensive lunch that I was hoping could have been simply charged to our account in the way "normal" hotels can manage. Why not here? This was not a big deal but spoilt the flow of an otherwise excellent lunch. Otherwise, we really enjoyed our stay at Worsley Park - the weather certainly helped too!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here on a family break in the North for a weekend. We were upgraded to a large family room that my kids really enjoyed. The hotel is clean, well kept and in pleasant surroundings. Convenient to get around town and not too close to the din. Recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Well a stiff room price should include WIFI and that put me in a stroppy mood. Opted for the bar menu, can only say chicken curry was about inedible. At least it was credited without query. Room bill put under door for express checkout in the morning. Then had to go through palaver of paying for breakfast, presenting additional credit card etc.
All in all poor value....
Suspect it would be a nice wedding venue, pity the poor brides father who has to pay.....

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank YON_FISH
Bernard W, Manager at Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and share your experience with us here at Worsley Park, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued guest; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. By reviewing our overall value for price paid.

Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Sincerely

Bernard

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times before but this time was a bit different as I am not in a wheelchair, short term. There were disabled spaces alongside the hotel which was an added bonus. The staff were all very accommodating towards me and I was in a room which was great for me to get the chair in. It was on the ground floor which was easily accessible.
Breakfast too was very easy. I was dreading going down in the chair manoeuvring around but it was really ok. Anyone in a chair need not worry as the staff are great. The corridors are wide enough so you don't catch your hand which is also an added bonus.
We like to dine at the Harvester and the nearest is in Leigh which is about 20 minutes from the hotel. It is really easy to get to and is easy to find.
We couldn't sleep on the pillows that were in the room as they were a feather type. We rang down to the reception and they sent up some synthetic pillows. Fantastic. Really helpful staff and it was no trouble.
As always fantastic stay.

Room Tip: The disabled rooms are based on the lower floor. I have stayed in the suites upstairs and they are great, nice for a treat.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple