“Absolutely delicious ”

The Woodside
Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Worsley
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Woodside in Worsley is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
“Absolutely delicious ”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

We chose here because of the reviews and its lovely, excellent service really friendly staff, we both had the Game and blackberry pie which was really delicious really unusual tasty crust and a very tasty filling, served piping hot and with lovely winter greens....we both finished off with yhe sticky dickie desert which was equally yum, will certainly be back here again and probably use it for special occasions too can highly recommend it and really good value for money too...

Prestwich, United Kingdom
“lunch”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Called here for lunch , had a day off with other half .
It was our first time here , although I work locally so was aware of this place .
From entering looked lovely , warm and cosy - Lots of hand pulled ales on draft and a good selection of other drinks.
Pub side looked pretty full but restaurant side had lots of large tables empty but not that many for two ?
Nice waitress found a table for us and we were seated .
Very good menu , lots of stuff looks home made (pies and breads ) good selection of everything .
My husband had a pie and it looked great and was very filling , I had a Burger which was good but not the best I have ever had - But nothing to complain about .
Like other reviewers I just felt that there was not enough staff on at all , There were four people doing everything including manning the bar area , I have to stress that we were not left without food or drinks but the waitress looked run off her feet , the restaurant looked busy but not full .
Yes I would go back again , it was a good meal at a reasonable price .

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Food good service could of been better”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Called in for lunch with my partner one afternoon around 2.30pm...thinking it would be a quieter time to dine. This wasn't the case as nearly every table was taken which I thought was a great sign...we was greeted and seated near enough straight away. We was given menus and asked would we like any drinks. We ordered 2 pepsi. It took quite a while for them to arrive but like I say everyone seemed really busy. We then waited to order. Took about 25 minutes to get someone's attention to order food. We ordered starters and mains. Starters came out about 15 mins later and we're really nice. We then waited a further 25 minutes for our starters to be cleared by this time we both needed more drinks which weren't offered at any point. Mains came I had steak and my partner had fish which were lovely. Again when finished we sat with dirty plates in front of us for 20 minutes. Overall staff were friendly enough but I feel they were short staffed and we didn't receive the service we should of. The place itself is nice and the food is lovely just maybe need some more trained staff. Would visit again as food was good.

1 Thank Caz K
“Lack of service.”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We decided to have a family meal at this restaurant on Saturday 1st Feb after hearing good things from friends. On arrival we were seen to our table quick and thought the place looked very well presented. Unfortunately the service let down our expectations of a swift and what was thought to be a well organised pub restaurant. We found ourselves waiting for quite some time for the starters and the main course. At the beginning of the main course we were offered sauces, but we felt pressured into using them quickly in order to give them back to the waitress who was waiting. I got the impression that they might be short of staff because it felt like we were waiting for food for what felt like a long time. I just found it very strange that things like vinegar and ketchup had a time limit, and couldn't be left at the table for the family to continually use especially for the kids. When it came to desert the waitress stood only at one end of the table and some of us couldn't hear so some missed out on ordering.

As for the food, it was very well presented but the plates were cold. One of the party had steak and ale pie which tasted as if it was drench in wine and had no gravy and the meat was tough. Other family members food seemed like it was hot. We asked for extra spoons to share some of the sundaes and were given one. I was expecting staff to come back and check on us, maybe they did and we didn't hear or notice them. Which was a shame because if there were a few more staff members checking on the tables then this rating would be a four.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Could have been better...”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We visited here mid week without a booking after wanting to visit for a while as it's a lovely looking pub and the menu looks delicious! We were a little disappointed, service was a little disjointed - were asked twice if we wanted drinks by different people but then waited 20 minutes and had to get staff attention to order food, the fire alarm went off during service and no one even flinched - didn't apologise and assure everything was ok or ask to evacuate either... The starters were nice but for main I ordered a fish special and the fish was raw in parts.

1 Thank JessManchester