“Absolutely amazing!!!!”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Kallithea
Essex, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing!!!!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Me and my partner stayed in this hotel for week in June 2014. We are both 22 and if Im honest I was slightly nervous about this holiday as it was our 2nd all inclusive holiday and I was unsure whether or not it would be as good as our previous holiday, but it was! It was out of this world.
It was so worth the money, we got so much more than we could ever imagine.
Everything was spotless, the staff were very friendly. The food was lovely and there was a big variety. We also had waiter service which was very surprising as on our previous holiday we didn't have that. The views are ridiculous, they were so breath taking and the water was just beautiful.
There was so much to do there, lovely walks. It is a very big hotel and from what I can make out it is 2 hotels that have become one. There are many pools, jacuzzis, hot tubs, saunas, gym and and much more. There is a lot for the kids to do too. There is a bus stop right outside the hotel that takes you to Rhodes town which takes 10-15mins and costs €2.20. The entertainment is outstanding. They put on fireworks every Friday night. They had acts that had travelled form Germany, Cape Town, England and they were brilliant. They were you're usually cheap cheesy acts. They were so much more.
There is nothing negative to say about this place. The only I could say that might put people off is that there are a few hills and if you're arriving at the hotel late after a long flight then getting in the staffs transit van and being driven to your hotel room can be quite scary but I can assure you there's nothing to worry about just don't offer to walk, 1 you'll get lost and 2 you'll be walking forever. Oh and don't listen to a word the Rep says. She told us and 2 other couples there were no markets and no boat trips, we went to 2 markets and one couple went on a boat trip so no need to say anymore about the Rep. I wouldn't usually do a 2week holiday but I would in this hotel.
I would highly recommend!

Room Tip: Our room was standard but it was comfortable, very big with a lovely balcony.
8 Thank Alixe T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Kenfig Hill, wales
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had a late arrival flight so we arrived about 10.30 pm , we were met by a really friendly helpfull hotel manager, our bags were loaded on the minibus , we were given our all inclusive bands and were then taken on a tour of the hotel grounds and on to our room, this was superb and first class ,a massive bed and a really great view, this hotel is huge and the aaccommodation is spread over the complex, you have a choice of 6 pools and lots of places to eat, food is superb and where ever you eat the staff are really friendly, the entertainment is superb, you will need a week just to explore all the hotel has to offer, we stayed in room 779 and this was kept immaculate by the maid , we used the mythos pool bar, a big thanks to kleopatra and popi, they work so hard and always have a smile for you, I was so impressed by everyone who works at the hotel, we had a fantastic stay the best 2 weeks ever , pity we had to go home, once again thanks for a wonderfull holiday, see you all again soon

Room Tip: Any rooms by the mythos pool,
6 Thank Andrew A
London, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2014

absolutely amazing time at Kalithea Horizon Royal again this year and all the staff and management made my birthday so special and one to rembember. Champagne Breakfast and A la carte evening meal superb with birthday cake and champagne at both.
The only complaint I have is we couldn't book 2 weeks (booked November 2013) as no availability but thats just how good it is.
Cant wait to come back again next year??!!
Thank you especially to Phil the manager we met lat year, Gabreille Savas Maria Irene superb service as always.
Vicki the Thomson rep knows everything you need to know about the area and trips.Symi and Halki are amazing places and well worth the money.
Shoes/socks needed for waterpark and take a cab its 10euros and worth it saves walking up a steep hill from the bus.

Room Tip: all rooms excellent - no issues
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Beccie B
Poole
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is the fifth year on the trot that we have visited this resort and we will definitely go back next year. The resort is spotlessly clean, the views are fantastic and the staff exceptional. Every year that we go back we are greeted like old friends. Good choice of food, plenty of it and snacks available all day.

You won't go far wrong booking here!

Room Tip: Go for a room with a sea view. It's worth the extra cost
5 Thank TravelHopperPoole
Essex
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my nan for 10 days. There are over 1000 rooms within the hotel. We stayed in room 1008 on the ground floor. I celebrated my 31st birthday whilst on holiday. On arrival after 45 minutes on a transfer bus (not hotels fault) although thought as booked platinum hotel through first choice that we would have been the first or second drop off. Oh well never mind did not spoil our holiday and we were able to get a glimpse of some of the other hotels on the island. On arrival greeted by staff and quickly checked in and then dropped off to room in a mini bus. We were given a small gift by hotel staff on arrival which was a lovely touch, a small bottle of wine in our room and also fruit in a basket. Very nice. For anyone who speaks negatively about this hotel I don't know what they must be talking about. As I can only say very positive things........

We stayed in a standard limited sea view room. Our room did have a dvd player, fridge stocked on arrival with beer, soda water, coke, nuts and water. Also safe (charged). Room only has 2 English TV channels. However did not bother us as I had brought my tablet with me and also on holiday who needs to watch TV anyway. Room well furnished throughout, cleaned everyday by cleaner and sheets changed regularly. We brought plug in insect repellent for the night and used insect repellent in the day. I got a few knat bites. I would recommend you bring some antiseptic cream to treat any bites as a precaution.

Kalithea Horizon Hotel is in fact merged with its sister hotel Kalithea Mare Palace. The hotel is very big and extensive. Grounds are well kept throughout and there are 3 swimming pools across the whole area. The sea views are breathtaking. We had no issues getting a space on a sun lounger. Although a few might need replacing when the season ends in October 2014. We did not get a sun lounger by the pools directly think you would need to be up at 7am to get a space there. However there was plenty of space for everyone somewhere. You are able to use the facilities in both hotels. We found that at times at the Kalithea Mare Palace people on half board were served quicker. However that did not impact on our holiday.

There is a wide selection of food whether at the restaurant or by one of the pool bars. You will always find something to eat. Also there was themed nights of Chinese and Greek foods twice per week. Even the most picky eater will find something. I would recommend the hotel cover the bread somehow though as although entertaining the birds are having a field day flying down to get bread. I have never seen such extensive list of cocktails and other drinks before. Yes it is local drinks only however this is not a 5 star hotel therefore how can you expect to get branded drinks. Also I thought the drinks all tasted perfectly fine.

There are some people who have spoken negatively in regards to the entertainment provided at this hotel. I think that there is something for everyone whether you go and watch something at Safari cafe, Kalithea Mare Palace Bar or outside Athina Restaurant at 9pm there was variety including Motown, dancing cabaret act abba, greek night with fireworks, magician, Beatles just to discuss a few acts we enjoyed. I would recommend the hotel had a 4 week timetable as we did see Abba and the dancing cabret act twice.

I could not fault this hotel. It was truly amazing. A special hallo to the head waiter at Athina Restaurant and staff at Mythos Pool Bar. Staff were very friendly and hardworking. Made my trip extra special as it was my birthday whilst I was out there and I got a birthday message from hotel, bottle of wine, bracelet and we went al-cart sit down meal and was given a beautiful birthday cake with sparklers. Made me feel very special. So thank you.

We had a early morning flight at 2:55am therefore would highly recommend booking late check out room on arrival for 6pm or 8pm. We were picked up at 6pm to check out and our baggage was kept in the store room. Were able to use all facilities until we were picked up from hotel at 11:50 for transfer back to airport. Wish thomson had better flight times home. However again this is no fault of the hotel.

You will need to pay to use the beach restaurant or sun loungers by the beach. Unless you are are upgraded to a different package. I think this is unfair as everyone who is all inclusive should have access to everywhere. However it only costs 2 euro 50 cent per sun bed all day. So not overall expensive. I would recommend you go down there either by hotel mini bus or walking it only takes 10 minutes. Recommend finding one of the lie lows to go into the water. There was lots of fish out there. Also please wear beach swimming shoes in the water as there are lots of rocks. You can go very far in the water as an adult and the water was very smooth with limited waves whilst we were there.

Another tip is to bring a cardigan or light jacket for the evening as it can get windy. Also although this hotel is located in the middle of no where and there is not much pavement outside. You can always get access to other places by the land train, public transport which is extremely cheap or by taxi who will come over to you if you are by one of the bus stops which are directly outside of the hotel.

Hotel targeted more towards guests from other countries. However again this did not spoil our holiday at all.

This hotel is extensive and there is lots of steps. So would not recommend it for young children or people who are not mobile. Although there is a hotel run kids club and animation team to keep people entertained if you wish. Also as stated there is a hotel mini bus who you can call and there are mini bus pick up points to get you from one side of the hotel to another. It takes roughly 10-15 minutes to get from one side of the hotel to the other once you get used to it.

It was getting extremely hot out here towards the end of the holiday. Therefore pleased to not be here in July or August. Although could not complain as it was sun sun sun everyday in June and no rain of course.

Our Rep Vicki was at hand at welcome meeting. We booked the tale of 2 and a half cities trip. Although it is easy to go by yourself by public transport. I was reluctant to do this as we were travelling by herself. However after the trip we did not by local bus to Kalithea Spings, Rhodes old town and by mini train to Faliraki. Would not bother going back to Faliraki but glade we went just to see what it was like.

This hotel deserves its platinum status. We do not tend to go back to the same hotel as we like to explore new places. However I would recommend that everyone checks out this hotel and books it. I am going to struggle to find a hotel which is as good as this next year I think. I hope everyone has an enjoyable holiday as we had.

Room Tip: Book room away from the main pools and restaurants as it will be more quieter compared to other loca...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank NDRT
Chepstow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is our second holiday at the Horizon Royal, and I have to say that the overall experience was even better than the first time we stayed here. As on our previous visit, excellent service, very clean throughout, friendly and helpful staff. The improvements made since our last visit in 2009 are very welcome. If I had to raise any suggestions, it would be the need for WIFI coverage across the complex, it is inconvenient to only have access in the main reception.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south have a better sea view, more interesting, looking over the quaint Kalithea beach...
1 Thank Geoff M
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Great hotel, food, views and staff. Take your walking shoes as some of the routes to the bars, pools etc are quite steep. We had paid for an upgrade so got a safe included in the room price. Pool towels had a 10 Euro deposit but were good quality and could be changed every 3 days. The only complaint we had was the speed of drinks service (or should I say lack of speed) in the bar next to reception. Disappointing that Wi-fi is only available in two pubic areas and is not cheap, but there are a number of cost options.

The only downside was Rhodes airport; upon arrival it took over one hour for our luggage to arrive on the carousel! Similarly, upon departure we arrived at 12:10 hours and by the time we cleared the flight final call had been made. The departure lounge was chaotic with Thomsons bringing too many Customers to the airport at the same time. One other point, why check-in on-line when you still have to queue to have your luggage weighed and tagged by the managing agents?

Sue and Trevor

Room Tip: Superior room with sea view was worth the up-grade
1 Thank TJ W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kallithea
Elysium Resort & Spa
#5 of 126 in Rhodes Town
Kalithea Sun & Sky Hotel
Kalithea Sun & Sky Hotel
#17 of 20 in Kallithea

Been to Kalithea Horizon Royal? Share your experiences!