“Take me back!”

and 1 more site!
Kalithea Horizon Royal
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Kallithea
Reviewed May 15, 2014

After getting back from a 10 day holiday with my boyfriend I'm wishing we could be back lying by the pool looking out to sea drinking cocktails!!
Wonderful hotel,slight downside would be the walking but when the sun was shining you cant complain!
Food was brilliant,staff were brilliant,location was brilliant,could not fault!
Top 5 things -
A la carte restaurant - 5 course dinner with champagne on arrival,delicious food could not fault.
Animation team - whether it be aqua/evening Zumba with Panda or waterpolo with Thomaso it kept the days busy
Safari bar - many thanks to Savvas,Theodora and Marcus for your hospitality and friendliness and once again the animation team for evening entertainment
Location - looking out to sea from the pool was quite something
The weather for being so sunny!!!!

Thanks again - Hannah & Louis 'Bristol'

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Jelley123

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I had never been to an all inclusive resort before and if I'm honest, I was skeptical. After hearing stories of buffets that consisted of chicken nuggets, luke warm "bolonaise" and endless lines I didn't have many expectations but the buffet aspect of the hotel turned out to be one of the best features. There was a wide selection of food that was refreshed regularly and was never cold. The food was tasty and had something for everyone there. The drinks were also strong and made with care.

We paid for an upgraded sea view room which I felt was well worth the money. The room was spacious and was decorated well - no rickety old wardrobes, all nicely fitted. We had an iron and a hair dryer included which was nice and the robes were lovely. Our balcony looked over the sea and again, this was very spacious.

The staff were fantastic, in particular the animation crew. Panda and Mitch were really great and really helped us have a good stay. Eleni and Maria are also wonderful members of staff.

We had a lovely stay at this resort, the only downsides were:
* You had to pay for the loungers at the private beach and also had to pay for food on the beach even though it's all run by the same resort.
* At times the restaurants were busy and it was difficult to get a table.
* No free wifi anywhere in the resort and no wifi at all in rooms? For a 4* resort it's unbelievable.

On the whole we did have a lovely time and it's only €12 by taxi to old/new rhodes town. You are within walking distance to the Kalithea springs which is also handy.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 820... any room on this block is ideal as you are super close to the beach and als...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank SweetHeartScene
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely the best hotel we have ever stayed in!
The buffet was immense and delicious. Yes, the same thing did occasionally appear more than once. But there was plenty of choice, particularly in the evening. Quite disgusted by those eating lasagne and chips day in day out then complaining about lack of choice. In my opinion the hotel should remove these easy options and force people to try the real food!! Really recommend the fish BBQ behind the main restaurant.
Cocktails were generally good. Hit and miss but the good ones were fab! Avoid the gin and tonic.
Weather was great, despite a huge storm which ruled out a day of sunbathing. We used the mythos pool which was quiet - never had trouble getting loungers in September. Pool was pretty cold - ok for me but my boyfriend struggled with his asthma.
The entertainment team were tireless and really friendly.
The complex is large, but not vast. 5-6 mins walk from tip to tip. If it takes longer than this you are going too slowly or going completely the wrong way! Can be confusing at first but one day was all it took us to learn our way around.
Our standard room was fairly basic, but comfortable, quiet and what we expected for the Greece. And fantastic for the price. Cleaners were great.
All in all an immaculate hotel with brilliant pools, friendly staff and delicious food and drink. Never returned to the same hotel twice - this year we are off to Tenerife but the hotel will have a hard job matching up! Perhaps we will be returning to the Horizon next year!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank baggy31
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The only thing i can say is this is a great hotel if you like walking .On the plus side the food is great and the staff ok Kleoptra and helen in the pool bar are the best for making you laugh, Also vicky our rep was the best we have ever had. will not be returning again.

Room Tip: Do not get the 800 block it is aprox a quarter of a mile from the restaurant.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Returned from here yesterday after a week. Room was nice and clean and housekeeping did a great job, they were the only ones that did! Shower was constantly cold, could never enjoy a hot shower.
Old couple pool side pleasuring each other! After complaining to staff, nothing was done about it. I was appalled and disgusted!
Plenty of food choice but very boring after a week of it.
On the last day when we checked out we were accused of not returning a safe key that we never even had in the first place. They ended up taking our suitcase from the luggage room and keeping it aside to them question us about the safe key again.
Entertainment was very disappointing spark from Greek night.
You also have to pay for beach sun beds which they don't tell you about even though it's a private hotel beach.
We will not be returning!

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank HannahJamie
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Super rooms , clean rooms ,best food ,friendly staff and awsome animation team.I realy enjoyed the time spent there and also the activities by the pool .. I will miss the luxury feeling and the crazy animation at Delfinia Pool

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Dumitrescu B
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have just returned for my second vacation this year and now my fifth year running. I cannot praise this hotel enough. From the moment you arrive at the Reception Desk....nothing is too much trouble at this hotel. The Staff are magnificent! Helios Bar Staff...Savvas & Maria (daytime) Stamatis Yanis,Christos & Ireni (evening) make your stay at the bar the most fun ever! Savvas the Maitre De is the most welcoming I have come across. We also visit the Bar at reception.....again all staff amazing. Both restaurants have excellent choice of food and the waiting staff are the most friendly and attentive, I have come across. Even the Pool Bars have exceptional staff. The staff are the main reason this Hotel stands above all others...if I could, I would name a lot more individually...but it would take up all the space. I cannot wait to go back next year!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
16  Thank erkapil_singhal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kallithea
Rodos Palladium
Kalithea Sun & Sky Hotel
Kalithea Sun & Sky Hotel
#17 of 20 in Kallithea
Mitsis Alila Resort & Spa

Been to Kalithea Horizon Royal? Share your experiences!