Kalithea Horizon Royal
Kresten Palace(Koskinou)
$107
$104
  • Pool
Eden Roc Resort Hotel & Bungalows(Koskinou)(Great Value!)
$90
$87
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,856 results
All reviewsmythos poolathena restaurantsafari cafesuperior roomblue bandshelios barrhodes townmini busesmain restaurantmare palacemini barpreferential treatmentgerman gueststhomson repanimation teamsea viewbar staff
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

What can I say, travelled in August 2013 as a party of 8 ( family & friends) Stayed for 2 weeks.
This was my 2nd time at this hotel after staying in August 2012. From arrival, we were made to feel like we had returned home. The staff working in this hotel are what makes this place so special. From arrival, the staff here remember returning guests. Nothing is too much trouble. Special mention to Dimitri on reception for his wonderful hospitality. During the day we opted to stay around the Mythos pool as it was easier to get beds here. plenty of daytime activities were on offer provided by the hotels animation team. Special thanks go out to Panda for his amazing daily dose of Zumba. Elvis & Bobby kept us entertained day & night. Our room was kept spotlessly clean with wonderful views overlooking the Springs & the Mythos pool. The location of this hotel gives fantastic sea-views no matter where you are on resort. The grounds are well maintained & kept so clean. The food is fantastic with so much choice, even the fussiest of eaters would find it hard not to find something they love to eat here. We ate in the Athena restaurant as we loved to sit outside in the Taverna overlooking the sea. The outside barbecue is a must to try !!
On an evening there was plenty of entertainment on offer in all different parts of the resort. The Helios Bar was our favourite, special mention to Christos for his fabulous hospitality. For anyone who loves a cocktail, then a Christos special is a must to try!! The only thing that disappointed me this year was that Giannis wasn't working in the Helios Bar. The atmosphere that Christos & Giannis created the year previous behind the bar making cocktails was electric!!! It used to be like watching a scene out of Cocktail as believe me Christos is a Greek Tom Cruise :) These people will go out of their way to please you & to ensure every bit of your stay is fantastic!!! I really hope to see Giannis & Christos working together again back in Horizon Royal....
For anyone contemplating booking this hotel, i can assure that you wont be disappointed. I never thought I would return year after year to a Hotel but after my 2nd stay I'm already wanting to book my 3rd visit next year. This place is something special & its all thanks to the staff working here.
Thank-you all for such a truly amazing stay. I look forward to seeing you all again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Lisa_Josh_Trimble1
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Our 4th trip to the Horizon for our kids free October holiday and the standard of service was as good as ever. More British guests this year then before I would say with fewer French and Scandinavians putting it at around 40/60 British to Germans. One notable downside of this was the flouting of the men's dress code in the evenings by quite a few British pikeys. How cut-offs pass for trousers is beyond me but some of the chav-tastic Matalan crew don't get it. We only actually saw one party of 4 get turned away from the restaurant but they were not right pleased.
It is worth trying the other eateries on site as this gives a bit of variety. The cafeteria at the Mare hotel just outside reception is quite cool and airy at lunchtime and makes for pleasant eating, particularly as the waiting staff are prone to the odd song and a bit of dancing whilst going about their business. If you hire a car get in touch with Nikos at Kalithea Cars as they are very reasonable. Somebody scratched ours down one side on the second night and when we called in to show him he said" What do you expect this is Greece? Don't worry about it!" Just typical of the people on Rhodes, it is very much worth your while engaging with them as they love it. We will of course be back next October, wouldn't go anywhere else really given that Corfu is too cold at that time of year.

Room Tip: Go for an upgrade on the room above the basic level as it makes a big difference for not a lot of money. One of the few times I have come back from Greece not cursing the hard beds.
1  Thank Wew1
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Just returned from 2 weeks all inclusive. Hotel is great, you will not be disappointed with this hotel. We were placed near the smaller set of pools and next to the Mythos bar. This location was great for the pool and snack bar where we were superbly served by Cleopatra and Popi. The location also was quiet.
Service everywhere in the hotel was very good. You can visit two main restaurants. The Athena restaurant proved our favourite from service, atmosphere and general ambience. The Thalasas restaurant was more canteen like and mainly frequented by the German guests staying at the attached Horizon Mare hotel on a half board basis. One disappointment was that the ‘no shorts for dinner’ rule was not enforced and a variety of inappropriate dress was on show. I am not a fuddy duddy but do you really want to see people in scruffy beach apparel when eating in a restaurant at this level.
The whole of the hotel is spotless and very well appointed rooms and lounges.
Entertainment is what you might expect, Abba and Beatles tributes were good and Greek night with the firework display enjoyable. So the but…
1. The hotel grounds are quite spacious and a little hilly. The trip to the beach (abour ¼ mile) does have a shuttle service for more infirmed guests but is a pleasant walk a little steep on the way up though. Also be aware on the beach sunbeds and drinks are all chargeable even on all inclusive.
2. Also be careful around the pools, some of the tiles are very slippery and 3 people were injured in falls while we were in the resort. A pair of reasonable grip flip-flops when walking to and from the pool will help.
3. Also entertainment is not well advertised so you have to dig to find out what is on at any of the 3 entertainment areas.

Overall we would return. The staff at the hotel and the people od Rhodes are so welcoming, totally different to Turkey.....I hope the management do something to address the last two points I raised because everything else is so good.

Room Tip: Try to get a superior sea view.
2  Thank Drin100
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I am 18 and went on a girly holiday with my mate who is 21 and we ha never been to rhodes. We were abit worries because it was so cheap that it wasn't going to be great but boy we were so wrong !!! This hotel is fantastic truely amazing staff !! There is Zumba everyday in the pool which is run by a really nice guy pantelis which made the pool alit more exciting and plays alittle music through the day :) the bars and food are spectacular seeing as I'm training to be a chef I was worried also but it was amazing I went all inclusive and even on days out we got pack lunches the main bar the hotel has amazing staff and service and great entertainment aswell as a bar called the safari bar which has the bar tenders called sauvas and Maria who are amazing and make great cocktails which make the nights amazing and enjoyable :) I really recommend this hotel to anyone I will be going again !!! Maybe 2 times next year only thing I will say is go for more than 7 day there's so much to see and do youu won't want to go home !! Truely amazing hotel !!!

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Berryboo95
Reviewed October 30, 2013

A terrific holiday with very good service and cleanliness and would love to return. Have to do a lot of walking on a hilly site,so no go if you're infirm ! The food assortment was varied and interesting with very attentive waiters. The bar staff in the Poseidon bar were friendly and excellent. My wife was involved in an accident caused by a fall , and was helped by the staff efficiently, and who supplied a doctor on the house. No complaints. Definitely like to go back. The Delphinia snack bar best for lunch,one minor fault was the Safari cafe which was scruffy and below the standards set by the rest of the complex,even though being popular.

Room Tip: If you want a sea view room ask for it at the checkin otherwise you pay extra