We have just returned from spending a throroughly luxurious and relaxing week at the Rodos Palladium. It is definitely the best 'holiday' hotel we have ever stayed in and I highly recommend it.
We travelled with our 9 year old son and 6 year old daughter. For them, the highlight of the holiday was really the pool, which was huge and amazingly quiet. There is a big lagoon section which about a metre deep all over, and a separate, deeper pool for jumping and diving into. They enjoyed swimming in the sea too - the hotel is right on the beach, which is shingle, but the sea is lovely and clean and a gorgeous azure blue.
We all loved the Waterpark, which is within easy walking distance of the hotel. The rides are very exciting and the staff very vigilant and safety-conscious (quite strict really, but we felt reassured by that). It was very quiet when we went in June and we didn't have to queue for any rides at all. We spent the whole day there and felt it was well worth the entrance fee. It was hot even in June, and I wished I had bought bandanas for the kids to wear to protect them from the sun as they ran around.
I can't understand thebad reviews I have read about the food in the Rodos Palladium. I am very fussy about the quality of my food and I thought the food was excellent. You can choose either a la carte or from the the buffet. Yes, the a la carte meals weren't huge, but then the idea is that you also get the chance to choose from the buffet. (The buffet offered masses of choice - pasta; meat dishes; fish; a whole counter of salads and lots of lovely puddings - plus an ice cream stall. For us it was perfect - the children really prefer the tried and tested - so for us it was great that spaghetti bolognaise was on offer most nights (only one of countless other choices). I enjoyed the a la carte choices and on different nights had a delicious aubergine dish; a huge piece of sea bass and some very tasty turkey. On other nights I chose from the buffet. I didn't have any concerns about the temperature of any of the food we ate (and I am very vigilant about this sort of thing). Breakfast was lovely too - just masses and masses of choice of everything you could possibly ever want to eat for breakfast.
The entertainment in the hotel was fun - we absolutely loved "The Supremes" - a girl groupfrom the UK I think, who sang some Motown numbers and had the most wonderful, spine tingling voices. Everyone got up and danced and we we disappointed when it came to an end.
Our family room was great. Spacious, sea view, decent beds for the children. Clean. Firm mattresses (which suit us). Good air con.
I really can't fault this hotel. Staff were unfailingly helpful, friendly and polite. It felt luxurious. We had a lovely, lovely, relaxing week and would like to make a return visit. The service fron Thomson was great too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With more awards than any other hotel in the island, Rodos Palladium has earned a reputation to please even the most demanding holidaymakers. This premier class resort occupies a prominent position on the Blue Flag-awarded beach of Kallithea, just 8 km from Rhodes and offers a relaxing and stress free holiday environment. A vast amount of leisure facilities, superb restaurants and bars and entertainment shows ensure that Rodos Palladium has everything to offer be it to individuals, couples or families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rodos Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodos Palladium Kalithea
- Rodos Palladium Hotel Kalithea
- Rodos Palladium Rhodes/Kallithea