We made a last minute booking at Rodos Palladium right at the end of the season (we left on the day the hotel was being closed down for winter), looking forward to a relaxing holiday in our favourite island of Rhodes.
I would like to say that overally, we really enjoyed our 9-day stay in Rhodos Palladium and indeed, had an excellent holiday, including fantastic weather which we were told was very unusual for that time of the year (October).
I shall start with the positive observations:
- excellent and clean pebbled beach, crystal clear sea
- free beach towels which you could exchange every day
- they exchange your towels and sheets every day (sometimes even twice!!) which is nice but unnecessary and certainly can't make up for the negatives listed below..
- beautiful and clean pool and the surrounding area (well-kept garden)
- comfortable beds, large and clean rooms with tea-making facilities
- easy transporation to Rhodos town (bus, boat, taxi)
However, there is a lot of room for improvement; we found a lot of BUTs:
- some of the reception staff very not helfpul at all - you had to ask them 4 times to get what you needed;
- we found it very annoying that even if you switch-off the air-con the ventilation system still keeps blowing cool air in your room, and thus making it very dry; it took us 4 days to make someone fix this but in the meantime I got sore throat from the dry air and I am coughing until today!!
- eventhough it was end of season and the temperatures were not so high, especially at night, the dinner and bar areas felt like you're staying in a refrigirator;
- on the last day the hotel closed the hotel shop without warning and there was nowhere to buy water or snacks for your travel; we were told to buy water from the hotel bar (at ridiculous price) or to walk 15mins to the Elysium Hotel and buy water there from their hotel shop - which we also did but thought it really inappropriate, that moment we didn't feel like staying in a 5star hotel..
- the hotel is a bit isolated and you must walk 20 mins along the busy road to reach any restaurants or bars/shops but this wasnt a major problem for us
- the food in the hotel is VERY POOR, especially the dinner; mainly because it is COLD, tasteless and somehow all the same; the breakfast was a bit better, with a good variety of different foods, although the eggs/bacon/beans were inedible because they were COLD, I mean who on earth would eat cold eggs?? Disgusting.. I also had a feeling that some of the sweet pastries and fruits were not fresh; to make it short, the management should do something about the food or else they will lose guests bigtime!!
We were actually lucky that we stayed in the hotel at the end of the season as there was almost no animation program anymore; therefore we thought the hotel was very relaxing and quiet. I cannot imagine how it would all look like if the hotel was fully booked, the dinner area was cramped with queuing people, and music blared all day... The only downside of arriving at the end of the season was the fact that the staff already started the "closing down" work, including removing sunbeds, tables etc. They also used it as an excuse for not meeting your requests..."sorry finished, sorry end of season" was a common phrase. This is absolutely unacceptable and makes you feel they can't wait to get rid of the guests so they can all go on vacation.
Regardless of the negatives, I must say we had a beautiful holiday and may be back on the condition that the management makes something about the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With more awards than any other hotel in the island, Rodos Palladium has earned a reputation to please even the most demanding holidaymakers. This premier class resort occupies a prominent position on the Blue Flag-awarded beach of Kallithea, just 8 km from Rhodes and offers a relaxing and stress free holiday environment. A vast amount of leisure facilities, superb restaurants and bars and entertainment shows ensure that Rodos Palladium has everything to offer be it to individuals, couples or families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rodos Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodos Palladium Kalithea
- Rodos Palladium Hotel Kalithea
- Rodos Palladium Rhodes/Kallithea