“FANTASTIC HOTEL, GREAT STAY!”

La Marquise Luxury Resort Complex
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Kallithea
“FANTASTIC HOTEL, GREAT STAY!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I returned from my stay at La Marquise on the 6th of August. I was amongst a party of 26 as we were here for my brothers wedding. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous to look at and the layout of the pool is fantastic, one member of staff told us there was 1000 people staying there but it didn't feel like that. The pool area was organised in a way where it did not feel crowded and the pool is cut off in sections, giving you more privacy. We were all inclusive for 2 weeks and the food was lovely throughout our stay, changing on a daily basis to different themed evenings. There was plenty of choice out party ages ranged from 18 months to 77 and there was plenty choice each day for us all. All staff were friendly and willing to help. I must single out one of the managers Stefanos Kariosotos who really helped make their wedding day even more special. As he helped me arrange a video montage of people who couldn't be there to be played at the evening meal, without him I wouldn't have been able to do this and am extremely grateful for his help. He was happy to help and was there for any questions. Also, Nikos and Nicoletta were fantastic with my nephew, he was full of smiles when seeing them! Fantastic stay, would love to come again!

• Stayed August 2014
5 Thank Katecarruthers
La_Marquise_Rhodes, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at La Marquise Luxury Resort Complex, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear valued guest,
There are no words to express our gratitude for so wonderful comments posted online further your recent holidays at La Marquise Hotel.
We have read indeed your very kind comments with great appreciation and satisfaction. Comments such as these are a tremendous motivation for us all to continue offering the standards of service and facilities our guests have every right to expect and to which we are committed to offer. Yet, we were delighted reading that our teams managed to offer you a relaxing and comfortable stay, as some very special memories too for your brother’s wedding. These moments are always important to our dear guests and to us as well.
We do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future!
Truly yours,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The hotel is very clean, pools everywhere, not on the beach but very close to it and have a private beach that you can go with the shuttles in the hotel (golf carts) for free. The staff was fantastic and they even arrange us a bithday cake and wine for my wife's birthday! The location is great, 20 min from city center rhodes by bus every 30 min. Luna park and water park close by. For halfboard you need to pay for drinks, even in the dining room but is not that bad. The Wi-fi is working realy slow but i think it's like that all over rhodes.
The food was nice but not a lot of vegetarian options. The hotel is Huge, more like a resort village so the view is not fantastic but is really quiet and with a lot of space, especially in the pools area.

In general, it is a really nice hotel!

Room Tip: We stayed in the area 3000 that is nice but if you can choose take the 4000 area (for adults only) o...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ohad1984
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your impressions further your holidays with us on Tripadvisor site .
We were happy to note that overall you had a great time at La Marquise Hotel and that you remained satisfied with the hotel’s facilities and the staff services.
Hoping to have the opportunity to welcome you back at La Marquise hotel in the future,
Best regards,
Reviewed August 12, 2014

La Marquise is one of the most luxurious hotels I have had the pleasure in stopping at. From the moment we arrived we were treated to a 5 star level of service in the most stunning of resorts. As a result we never left the complex with its multitude of bars and restaurants. We stopped in an adults only part of the resort in a junior suite which I can highly recommend. The room was amazingly spacious, spotlessly clean and contained everything you could possibly need. Arriving at 2 in the morning we found food and wine in our room which was a welcome surprise. The staff are brilliant (really friendly and professional). The buffet restaurant was my favourite and the food was gorgeous with efficient staff and no waiting around. The range of entertainment provided something for everyone with the rock band playing at the roof top bar my personal favourite. The electric cars taking you too and from your room or to the private beach were great and all the drivers were so friendly and really looked after us. Michael and his colleague at the pool bar in the adults only area had smiles on their faces from morning till night and nothing was too much trouble for them. Adam, Anestasia and co at the outdoor bar in the main hotel provided a top service that couldn't be beat. This really was a 5 star hotel with 5 star service. It was my first visit to Rhodes but won't be my last. I am already looking at dates to return to La Marquise next year. My only complaint is that I couldn't have stayed longer. Thank you to all the staff at this superb hotel for my wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: For couples the Junior suites as the pool area is quiet and relaxing and the rooms spacious with bal...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
La_Marquise_Rhodes, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at La Marquise Luxury Resort Complex, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear valued guest,

We would like to warmly thank you for sharing such a lovely review further your recent vacation at La Marquise Hotel on Trip Advisor site.

Our absolute pleasure was reading that our team members managed to deliver a bit of personal care as it’s our main goal to provide an extra service to our dear guests and to let them feel most relaxed and comfortable while staying with us.

We put on a lot of efforts to achieve and maintain the highest standards of service to satisfy our guests requires, thank you for your kind recognition!

We are truly looking forward to welcoming you back at La Marquise hotel in the very soon future.

Yours sincerely,
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We travelled as a couple to this hotel at the end of July 2014. On arrival we were upgraded as a good gesture and we were pleasantly surprised at the high standard of the room (Junior Suite). We were in the adult only section and found this to be very relaxing and pleasant. The hotel is of a very high standard with lovely pools and grounds. The food is of a good standard and the entertainment was quite good compared to some five star hotels we have stayed at. The staff are very helpful, friendly and caring. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Junior Suites are spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank K F
La_Marquise_Rhodes, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at La Marquise Luxury Resort Complex, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We highly appreciate the time taken to review La Marquise Hotel on Tripadvisor site further your recent holidays and would like to thank you for your comments posted.
We are delighted to read that our little attentions were appreciated and that everything proved to be as to your satisfaction.

We very hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at La Marquise Hotel in the not so distant future!

Sincerely yours,
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a two weeks stay at. La Marquise and have thought long and hard about how to write this review to ensure I give it a fair judgement.

I arrived very late after a delayed flight, checking in at 23:50. First impressions of the hotel were amazing, the physical appearance of this complex will please anyone; it's beautiful. However, the service from reception at check in immediately dropped from the 5 star appearance when we were told to drop our bags and grab a cold roll and some meat along with a drink because this would be packed up in ten minutes and we wouldn't get any food/drink at all. After 14 hours of delays/traffic/travelling, I needed some source of food and a drink without the feeling of being unwanted and rushed! The reception staff also didn't explain our all inclusive package - we were given a standard print out which contained some information but this was for standard all inclusive, we were black card guests which allows for some added benefits which I would've known nothing about if I hadn't read them elsewhere online before travelling.

As said, the complex is stunning; everywhere you turn there is another vibrant blue pool and golf carts to transport you around (easier to flag one down if you're female without the male guests accompanying you but nevertheless, helpful). I stayed in a junior suite in the adults only area, room 4054. The room was lovely, large bed (although 2 mattresses), good sized bathroom, air con, small porch area with two sun loungers and once you stepped from the room, it was around 5 steps to reach the poolside! The room had everything we needed including a fridge and safe and thankfully a mesh door to pull across when outside to keep the hornets out (they were huge and around the grass areas in great numbers, they scared the hell out of me!). The room wasn't the most clean throughout our stay but not dirty enough to warrant a complaint... Just not 5 star clean. There were some leftover sweets from a previous guest in the desk drawer, rubbish under the bed and the bathroom door mirror was badly smeared - this remained this way the whole stay. Strangely though, a lady who I can assume is middle management for the maids came around several times to 'inspect' the cleaners work which was highly amusing. She checked things like dust on top of the TV but never the bits of the room that actually mattered - so I had sparkly TV and lamp tops but a mirror I couldn't see in! We also had an issue where the maids took all of our towels and didn't replace them, it took us until late the next day to actually get some towels back!

Speaking of towels, we were told to collect beach towels from a hut in the centre of the complex, we went the following day where the man asked to see our room card. We showed him our black card to which he replied no you have to show me the towel card. I had no idea what he was on about... Apparently we should have been given a towel card from reception upon check in and he wouldn't give us any towels without it and told us to walk over to reception and get one. We thought this was quite unhelpful, the black card clearly proved we were staying guests, he could've provided us with towels until we next passed reception rather than demanding we trek their immediately. Safe to say, we just used our own towels after that.

The adults only area is blissful to be away from small children although I was concerned at the age of an adult here... Families seemed to be staying the the adults only area with children aged between 12-16 who yes, didn't have toddler tantrums but still screamed and splashed about in the pool all day :/ there is a pool bar here which had a good selection of drinks. Michael, the bar man, was amazing, so helpful and often came around the pool to take orders. They do have small lunch-type foods here but you have to pay for them!!!! Why I don't know, it's just a sandwich, this really should be included.

The main bar downstairs is lovely to look at as is the roof top bar upstairs - lovely sunset views here. The downside is getting a drink... The service is so slow and often miserable too. When listening to one of the bands (the few acts of entertainment were repeated each week too, not great for two week guests), we waited over an hour for drinks at our table and whenever we tried calling a waitress over, they hurriedly walked the other way so I decided to get up and go straight to the bar (there are seats around the bar so other guests had been served drinks here). After some time a man asks what I would like and asks where my table is, he then tells me quite rudely to go sit there and wait for a waitress... I'd tried that. We left at that point, again this is where the service lets down the 5 star surroundings.

Food was good, I'm a very fussy eater but always had something I liked. I particularly enjoyed the freshly carved meats they had each evening. Evening meals are themed in the main restaurant and the room is decorated accordingly which was a nice touch. Always a good selection although I did steer clear of the chicken, it always looked pink but everything else was lovely. Spaghetti bolognaise was on the menu every lunch and dinner which I found quite amusing. We ate in the L'Etoile just once for my partners birthday as this kept the night special, this was lovely and I was thankful to the cake they brought out. The man who is in charge of this area was superb. My only downers for the food was breakfast where getting a drink was near impossible some mornings. After 7 days we had gone without morning drinks for 5 and did complain which seemed to solve the problem. And on a thursday you'll be hounded into joining the hotels Friday lobster evening which you need to pay for which put me off. If you sit towards the back of the right hand side if the restaurant you will be served by the waitress Aphrodite who was amazing.

The beach dumbfounded me slightly as when I booked the holiday I had read that the hotel had a private beach... When actually it is a very busy beach where the hotel just has a small section if sun loungers and a bar that is not included in your all inclusive... Fab. I did enjoy the beach though, the sea was fairly warm and calm, I snorkelled here and loved seeing all the fish and went jet skiing twice with the water sports group on the middle of the beach. I'd advise getting a golf cart to and from the beach if like us, you're carting ten tonne of water bottles down with you to avoid paying for drinks that are free across the road.

When it came to check out, it was disastrous! We were not leaving the hotel until 20:00 but check out was at midday. We were told to pop up to reception midday to ask for a Late room check out which we did on the Wednesday. The reception lady literally typed into her computer, looked up and said 'impossible'. Nothing else. When we questioned this she said we'd have to come back on Friday to see if a different room was available. Friday morning we were again told that there are no rooms and we would need to be out by midday and that we could leave our luggage in reception of 8 hours. I was not impressed. A 5 star hotel should look after it's guests until they leave the door, we'd paid over £4000 to be here and it felt like that now they're got our money, they didn't care. We spoke to middle management who said she could book us a room for half an hour so that we could shower... Still I wasn't best pleased. We were again told to come back tomorrow where they would check if any rooms were free. Why they couldn't check before I don't know. This meant I spent the entire day Friday stressed about the final day rather than enjoying myself. Do,e Saturday, we were eventually told that a room would be ready for us a midday.... It was a basic room the other side of the resort (which had smashed shards of glass in the bathroom?!) but it at least meant our luggage was safe and we could wind down properly ready for departure. Thankfully the reception wavered the 80euro fee for this room.

Overall I feel half-hearted about the hotel. It is beautiful, stunning, excellent faculties which are without doubt 5 star. But the service just doesn't match up to 5 star at all and that was a let down. I had extremely high expectations that just weren't met. A hotel should realise that first and last impressions are paramount and both of these were appalling. I guess the questions comes down to 'would I stay again?' It's possible, the hotel itself was perfect and for those reasons I would consider staying here again but my expectations would be much lower, perhaps leaving me less disappointed. We still had a fantastic holiday with fantastic weather, it's just a shame the experience wasn't as great as it could've been.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Karm24
La_Marquise_Rhodes, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at La Marquise Luxury Resort Complex, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay at our hotel.
We were very concerned to read that you had experienced certain problems during your stay with us and would like to offer our sincere apology for this.
We would like to assure you that our guests are the cornerstone of this hotel’s success and felt saddened to read that your experience in some points was not the one anticipated.
Without using the following argument as an excuse, we just wanted to positive surprise our clients with our added extra service values, but that seems was not very positive for you as there was some lack of information given to you.
Still, we hope you see that we respond to all travelers’ posts which is rare and a testament to the service commitment our resort endeavors to offer.
This also enables us to keep a close eye on all issues raised and learn through the feedback we receive so as to improve and offer the best possible holiday experience.
Once again thank you for the feedback provided and very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in La Marquise hotel.
Respectfully,
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Very bad service. Hotel facilities are standard 5*, but so are many other 5*Hotels
We got a room in a bad location, when we asked to move, were told to come back in the following day. In the following morning, when I asked to move again, I was told that it is not possible throughout the week long stay. I asked to talk with a manager. The reservation manager came out. I told him that never I was told that a bad room can't be switched during an entire week. He told me "well, there's a first time for everything.." if not for his angry face I was sure he is joking..
Answer in the reception is usually "No" regardless of what you ask. I asked for a map or Rhodes and was directed to buy one in the hotel mini market. Asked for another key for the room (got only 1 for a family of 5) and was told "not now.."
Hotel is quite spread-out but there is only one remote towel service that is open till 18 while the hotel pool and beach are open till 20. After 18 you are stuck with your salty wet towels till the following day..
And it goes on and on..at some point we tried to avoid contact with the team in order to maintain our good spirits.
To summarize – service is the worst I have come across with a very bad attitude coming from middle management I guess (there were a few good people there after all). Hotel facilities are what you expect from a 5* but why suffer from the service??
I strongly recommend going elsewhere. As the reservation manager told me "there is a first time for everything, well, this is the first time a give a "1" to a hotel..

Room Tip: try and stay by the pool
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ukusin
La_Marquise_Rhodes, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at La Marquise Luxury Resort Complex, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
We are deeply sorry to read that you have had such a bad experience with your holiday and wish to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.
We understand your general frustration, since an option for a room change was not given to you.
After our investigation though, we found out that you did receive the room you originally booked, but you asked to have a room in the lagoon area which during your four nights stay was nothing available.
Concerning the reply from the Rooms Division manager, be rest assured that it will be further investigated and brought to the attention of our General Manager.
We are hospitality professionals and dedicated to servicing our guests and learning through the feedback we receive and therefore would like to thank you for raising those issues with us.
We hope that should your future travel plans call for a trip to Rhodes that you might consider giving us another chance to show you why La Marquise hotel is considered to be amongst the top five star hotels in Rhodes.
Respectfully,
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Have just returned from a 2 week holiday at La Marquise in Kalithea. We stayed in a Luxury Suite as part of a Sovereign holidays package.

The suite we stayed in was room 2031 and out of the 4 rooms of this type we felt it was slightly better than the others as the location was excellent and it was a single story room so no-one above. To be honest all of the rooms of this type were in good locations. The room itself was very large and well furnished with very comfortable beds and two bathrooms. All rooms of this type are ground floor and have direct pool access from a large terrace. The internet connection in the room is free via a cable and there is fast wifi connectivity in the main reception and bar.

The complex is large but flat with easy access around the complex which is supplemented by a steady stream of bell boys who are happy to drive you in the hotel golf buggies. The rooms are located around the central pool '2000' and we were slightly concerned that it would be noisy after reading other reviews suggesting the adult areas are quiet. Certainly the adult area is very quiet from what we saw but the area we were in was hardly noisy. The pools around the complex are all around 1.3m deep and fresh water

The only slight area of concern was around the daily Maid service which left a little to be desired. Nothing which would put me off from booking again but an area which could be improved upon.

We found that the main buffet restaurant 'Da Vinci' always had an excellent choice of food which was freshly prepared and many dishes were cooked live at the buffet. We have stayed at a number of all inclusive hotels in Greece and our opinion is that the quality and variety of food (including many theme nights) served by La Marquise at the buffet restaurant were the best we have found so far. It was refreshing to see so many Greek dishes being served the Gyros was especially excellent.
In addition, by staying in the luxury suite we were allocated 'executive' all inclusive which gave us additional benefits over other rooms in that we could eat as often as we wished in each of the 3 a la carte restaurants. They all offered limited fixed menus with food of a high quality. The L'Etoile was our favourite out of the three. It was a shame that a similar set-up could not be included at lunchtime as we really enjoyed the lunch at the pool bar but this was only available once per stay.

I am surprised to read other reviewers comments around the quantity of staff. We have never seen so many staff in the bars and restaurants and we found the quality of service provided at all bars and restaurants to be highly efficient, friendly and relaxed.

Beach is a little way from the hotel but regular golf buggy rides ensure there is no need to walk . The beach itself is sandy and flat and well serviced by free sun-beds and parasols. There is also a good water taxi service which runs between Rhodes Town and Faliraki from the hotel beach.

All in all a fantastic hotel which we would strongly recommend.

Room Tip: The suite we stayed in was room 2031 and out of the 4 rooms of this type we felt it was slightly bet...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Gerry R
Dear valued guest,

On behalf of entire La Marquise team we would like to warmly thank you for having posted such lovely comments further your recent holidays at La Marquise Hotel.
We were thrilled to read that you had a fabulous time with us and that you remained totally satisfied with the hotel’s accommodations, facilities and staff services. As you, we were surprised to read reviewers comments concerning the staff quantity and services quality, and are so pleased for your kind recognition. It is indeed the best way to prove to some clients that their comments are not valid.
Once again, allow us to thank you for your generous comments. Such positive feedbacks are very rewarding to us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at La Marquise Hotel in the near future.

Very sincerely,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kallithea
Elysium Resort & Spa
Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes
Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes
#10 of 129 in Rhodes Town
Princess Andriana Resort & Spa

Been to La Marquise Luxury Resort Complex? Share your experiences!