“Mmmm.....good but not happy overall”

La Marquise Luxury Resort Complex
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Kallithea
Milan, Italy
“Mmmm.....good but not happy overall”
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Just returned from a 5 days staying.
The resort is very nice, lovely pool area, good location, quite but close to lindos or faliraki, large room, very kind staff.

Nevertheless we did not remain totally happy of our staying @ La Marquise.

First problem we were not given the room we had booked due to a misunderstanding by what they told us. Ok, I can understand but what is unacceptable is that I was asked to pay on arrival but they DID NOT tell us we were not being given the room of our choice.
This is totally unfair and unrespectful. They justiflied by saying that our room was an upgrade in the end (it was indeed) but we could not care less, it was simply not what we had asked for.
I've asked to speak to the hotel manager but he was not available that day, asked th ereception lady to leave a message to him so he could give an explanation but never received any answer, No good way to act...

The romm was actually nice but some details howed that no proper and adeguate attention was paid to maintenance.
2 lights were out of service, the bathroom curtain was broken, a few electric cables were hanging in the bathroom (no good with a 2yrs old baby).
I've had to ask 3 times for the curtain to be fixed but nobody showed up, they kept saying "tomorrow"....and "tomorrow" never came...unless until we left...

I don't want to be too negative, the hotel is nice and I'm sure majority of guests will remain totally satisfied. Probably we were simply not lucky.

The staff, I repeat, is always helpfull, but , simply put, they can not solve all the problem.

Will I suggest it to someone ellse? Yes, why not.
Would I return? No , thanks

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Alexdip
GeneralMgr_11, Manager at La Marquise Luxury Resort Complex, responded to this review, July 9, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am terrible sorry and do apologize for this inconvenience. I never received your message and it is rather strange why the reception did not inform me.
I am also suprised that although you had all these problems in your upgrade roomtype and noone has done anything about it, you would recommend this hotel to others.
Regretfully I did not have the chance to meet each other, but since I know that you are coming from Milan, Italy, I will do my best to try to find you and hopefully to succed to to change your feelings by giving us one more chance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Pros:
The hotel structure is simply amazing, probably the best hotel in all Rhodes.
The pool is beautiful, as well as the rooms and the hall and I liked the way the hotel integrated itself with the environment around, not like the ugly-huge-mega-hotel on the beach that are ruining Rhodes.
The breakfast was very complete and delicious, there was also a chef ready to cook for you following your desires.
Live music every night on the lounge bar.

Cons:
The hotel is very new, and it still needs some little fixes (the lights on the games area didn't work)
No wi-fi inside the rooms, to connect we had to go inside the main hall were there is free connection.
The cleaning service had random time to clean our rooms, so sometimes we come back at the hotel after lunch and our room was still not cleaned, sometimes they cleaned it at 9am or 10 am or 11am, just random.
The king bed was actually two single beds pushed together.
You have to pay an extra to play billiard, minigolf, ping pong, foosball, etc...

In the end, I think La Marquise is a very good hotel which could be an unbelivable hotel with just a little effort more by the management.
I higly suggest it to everyone, even if it's not a perfect 5 stars yet.

4 Thank kongoji
scotland
Reviewed May 28, 2011

we arrived at the hotel late at night and were shown to our outstanding room by a bell boy driving a golf buggy..the hotel reception and front entrance is like nothing i have ever seen at a greek hotel ever.
we were given a guided tour of the hotel the next day by george , the manager who is also the son in law of the hotel owners,, george could not do enough for us during our stay.. we upgraded to one of the rooms with the private swimming pools which was out of this world,, there is no reason that you would have to upgrade as the rooms are amazing even at the lowest level room,we only upgraded as we wanted something just a bit more special,,
the food in the dining room was amazing as was the service, a lot of the time with hotels like this the food lets them down badly but not on this occasion,, the head waiter and nicos run a very good dining room with very very good staff, nothing seems to be a problem for them ,
the main bar in the hotel to the side of the reception area was very peaceful to sit at at night time ,or day time.. at night there is a man playing tunes on the piano. philiposs the main bar man will fix you any drink you could ask for with a smile and a good laugh with all the guests..
do not hesitate to book this hotel , although it is not in the holiday brouchers yet and there is no official feed back it must be one of the best hotels i have stayed in..
cant wait to go back
the quote of the holiday that the manager said to us was "you are no longer guests, you are now my friends "

4 Thank jimbo038
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2011

My boyfriend and I booked last minute with Thomson, and have never booked an "all inclusive" holiday. We were wanting a relaxing, sunny holiday and decided to go with La Marquise, as it was a new 5 star hotel, that looked incredible. We were not disappointed! The Hotel was amazing! The rooms were lovely and roomy and very clean and relaxing. Our room opened out on to some grass which was great for sunbaking and then right onto one of the many pools that go around the whole hotel. The staff were incredible and really made our stay more enjoyable. The Restaurant's Manager- Nickos Met looked after us, always recommending the best dishes and could not have been more helpful. All the staff were very friendly and very attentive. The food- buffet for Breakfast & Dinner was amazing- everything on offer including traditional Greek food. Lunch at the Gondala Pool bar was amazing and worth booking our trip as all inclusive as all beer and wine throughout the week were included. There was a cocktail evening for guests on the Friday, our last night, to welcome them to the hotel and also to hear customer feedback, where we also met the Hotel Manager Michael. Rosie, the Guest Services Manager was also very lovely and organised a late check out for us, so we could enjoy the full day at the hotel before our evening flight. We are so glad we booked this hotel. It was such a lovely relaxing holiday and I would definitely book again- hopefully soon! If you want a holiday with great staff, service, accommodation, food, and a relaxing environment, this is the right hotel to book. I want to go back now!!!

6 Thank Charlotte8127
Zürich
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Rooms are spacious, modern and well furnished. Pool just 5 steps in front of the room. Nice pool-bar. Very kind staff at the reception, but also the maitres nikos and giannis in the restaurant. Nice buffet, car rental available in the hotel. Hotel is located 10 min. from Rhodes-City Center.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank HansWaldmann
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2011

First of all, the person who wrote the review titled “The worst trip ever!!” seems to be off their head! Everything that was written was a complete and utter lie. Anyone thinking of staying at this hotel please do not pay attention to it. If it was THAT bad, why did you not take any pictures and upload them to convince people not to stay with them?

I stayed with my husband for 7 days and we both think that everything about this hotel is 5*, from the large rooms, food, swimming pools to the staff and service. If I had to be one of those really picky people then I would say the room toiletries could be a bit more on the luxury side and a bigger play area for children would be a good idea for when the hotel is at its full capacity as otherwise it could get abit cramped.

4 Thank samo123
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed May 11, 2011

The Hotel didnt had room service in the first day so my childrain went to sleep hungry!
They didnt have air conditioned to hit the rooms when it was cold at night.
They didnt have hot water in thier baths..!!!Please..
The spa was closed.
The food was very bad..
Keep out of there..
I had to change hotels..

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank ob123293984
GeneralMgr_11, Manager at La Marquise Luxury Resort Complex, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
Dear Guest,

we are very sorry that you had such a bad experience from our hotel, but I think that you have judged us very hard. I am always informed if there is a complaint and thus I remember talking to you. From our last discussion, you mentioned that the reason you wanted to move to the other hotel was because the Hotel manager there was your friend. But it does not matter any more.
We thank you anyway for your comments and hope to give us a chance one more time to change your feelings about us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kallithea
Elysium Resort & Spa
Atrium Prestige Thalasso Spa Resort and Villas
Sheraton Rhodes Resort
Sheraton Rhodes Resort
#13 of 127 in Rhodes Town

Been to La Marquise Luxury Resort Complex? Share your experiences!