I travelled with a friend (female) for a relaxing all inclusive week at the Kresten Royal Villas & Spa at the beginning of May. We loved it!
When we checked in we were driven in a golf buggy down to our room (404) which was overlooking the bottom pool and the sea. From the small terrace you could actually hear the sea which we both loved.
The room had a bathroom with power shower and jacuzzi bath, clean and free from any mould. The towels are not the best I've had but they were adequate. The room was very clean with: 2 beds; a sofa, coffee table and chair; TV; fridge with water; kettle and coffee/tea. The terrace had a cast iron table and 2 chairs. Curtains included a wonderful mosquito screen that allowed fresh air in but no bugs. Wardrobe space was fine and we had 6 hangers each. The beds are a little hard but I like that so was comfortable.
The bottom pool bar doubles up as the Greek a la carte which we enjoyed twice during our stay, the food being OK but the views wonderful. We also had a late breakfast there several mornings and enjoyed the greek specialities. On arriving at the beach bar we asked for sparkling white wine and were pleasantly surprised to see a bottle of Prosecco opened which was lovely. I must admit that drinks were a little hit and miss but mostly owing to the bar staff making them and not the ingredients. HOWEVER, they were proper drinks served with ice, cream and fruit if appropriate.
Cold water is served automatically in the main dining room and we were very pleased with the quality of the red and white wine. I have only stayed AI once before - in Egypt - the wine was undrinkable, here it was actually quite good. The food there was very good with an amazing choice, we both loved the greek food and enjoyed the salads, cheeses and fish. We also ate twice at the Italian a la carte and enjoyed our meals there too, the bar adjacent to this restaurant became our favourite.
The weather let us down with 4 days of rain out of 7 but we took a taxi into Rhodes (12 euros from the hotel there, 9 euros back). Rhodes old town is amazing and well worth the trip.
We had excellent service from all the staff, the girls on reception and head waitress in the Italian restaurant being particularly helpful and friendly. All in all we would both recommend the hotel for a relaxing break, or if you want to drive - a good base to explore.
σας ευχαριστώ to all the staff for making us welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kresten Royal Villas & SpaThe HotelThe luxurious newly build The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa, stands majestically on the magnificent Kallithea sloping hillside by the sea offering transpire great class, impeccable taste in seductive and stunning sea views of the Aegean, lies an ancient quarry site, (from which stone for the fortification of the City was excavated during the ancient and medieval ages), for unique privacy and relaxation.Everything composes an unforgettable picture. Aesthetically premises, breathtaking nature, warm and kind hearted people with a tradition of excellence in service, dedicated to your well being. Is situated 5,5 km from the famous UNESCO world heritage monument, medieval old town of Rhodes and within walking distance from the recently restored Kallithea Mineral Springs.Paying meticulous attention to cuisine excellence while attracting and employing friendly and helpful minded personnel, we strongly believe that “paying attention in every detail makes a hotel great”.Rooms & SuitesWhatever your choice might be… we have it…Make your choice for your accommodation in our hotel fromDouble roomsJunior Suites SuitesIf you don’t want to walk until the pool, or you want more privacy for your vacations you can choose from ourVillas with private pool:Villa Junior Suites with swimming poolRoyal Suites with swimming pool Our Arrival Offer consists ofBottle Of water, basket of fresh fruits, tea & coffee making facilities, bathrobes, slippers, towels for the beach and shower amenities. In every room you can findSatellite TV, Telephone, fridge, Safety deposit Box and Internet connection through EthernetDiningThere is a famous Greek phrase, “I agapi pernaei apo to stomachi” which means that love is getting bigger and stronger from good Food, and we are ready to offer you a wide variety of choices, top quality and the spirit of the Greek service. Our Food and beverage program was made with our guests’ satisfaction in mind. General All Inclusive Terms:The hotel offers the use of the theme restaurants, included in the ALL Inclusive program, twice (2) per week, instead of dinner at the main restaurant. A reservation is required, at least one day earlier, along with the special meal voucher provided at the hotel reception, upon arrival.Alcohol consumption is allowed to adults only. You may order two drinks per person, at a time.Dress Code: During Dinner at all available restaurants gentlemen must wear long trousers.FacilitiesDuring your Stay you will be surrounded by our state of the art Sport facilities, the newest machinery in our Gym and our variety of pools. You can take a look at our in-Hotel store or you can relax at our spa. 1 external Pool with Sea Water2 external Pools with Sweet Water1 Children’s Pool1 Indoor Pool (Heated)Tennis CourtsFootball Court 5x5Basketball / Volleyball CourtGymSpa (Not Included In the All Inclusive)Super Market (Not Included In the All Inclusive)MeetingsInterested in business? Interested in planning incentive trips for your company? Making a convention? Now combine all these thoughts with a spectacular location, and leisure facilities and you will get an unforgettable experience of business & relaxation at the same time.The Convention Centre, “Golden Hall” is an autonomous building with its own separate entrance and lobby, seats 500 participants and it is equipped with state of the art simultaneous translation facilities as well as divisible smaller meeting rooms, a business center, VIP lounge, press room and a bistro styled coffee shop, makes it ideal destination, for incentive groups.EntertainmentYour entertainment during your stay is as important as your relaxation & dining experience.Except the usage of our facilities for athletics like tennis, basketball, football, volleyball and our gym, Our Animation Team is at your disposal with:Children Activities & playgroundMorning gymnastics & daily activities. Mini Disco for our little customers& Spectacular Shows for your evening entertainmentWeddingsHoneymoon Memories are simply moments that refuse to be ordinary. Falling in love is the magical moment of everybody’s life and our resort is a honeymoon destination, simply once experienced never forgotten.The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa is ideal for an unforgettable wedding ceremony and reception, for special memorable moments, for quiet and relaxing Holiday.SpaFeel free to relax in our new spa facilities and treatments from day 1. Our professional trained staff and our newly made spa facilities are waiting for The biggest star of your vacations…You! A variety of treatments and a world of body relaxation have opened their doors for you.Our Superb Mediterranean Spa gives you the opportunity to indulge yourself with using its exclusive natural products, and unforgettable service. A wellness center with fully equipped gymnasium and Spa with steam bath, sauna, different massage - wellness treatment rooms and an indoor Pool, shall be at your service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kresten Royal Villas Hotel Kallithea
- The Kresten Royal Villas And Spa
- The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa Rhodes/Kallithea