My husband and I have just returned from a two week stay at Kreston Royal, I am sorry to say all of you that state don't read the bad reviews well DO!!!! Because this hotel is over priced and most definitely not a 5 * hotel. We always stay in 5* hotels and chose this hotel as friends of ours had stayed there in September last year so went with their recommendation.
So the hotel itself is beautiful very modern and lovely on arrival. When we arrived out greeting was ok but expected a glass of something this being the norm at other 5* hotels but sadly this didn't happen. Our room was amazing I have to say we were situated in block 700 and it was huge, we loved the room it was extremely spacious and had a huge balcony with a fantastic view of the sea.
The food however was not so great, all these reviews saying there was loads of choice 'yeah right' you clearly haven't stayed in a true 5* then, the choice was limited which we were extremely disappointed with especially having stayed in Sensatori resorts where you would find someone at breakfast cooking omelettes to your liking, 'this is not the case at kreston royal' the main buffet restaurant inside was like eating in a school canteen so we would opt to sit outside where pascalis the waitor at lunch and evening meals was excellent. Each day the options were pretty much the same and none of the good was labelled correctly, if you are vegetarian or gluten free you would struggle. I don't eat lamb or fish and found most evenings I would end up having one of the two choices of pasta which was vertically the same every day. The good itself was tasteless and Luke warm at best! My husband liked to drink tea at breakfast and would often watch them transferring hot water from one jug to the next none of it being freshly made. This also went for the coffee too.
There were two other restaurants to book which you had limited access to the Italian where the set menu never changed. It consisted of shrimp soup to start if u don't eat fish like me forget being given another option its this or nothing!!! Two choices of pasta, followed by a salad with one tomato served in what looked like a poperdom followed by a choice of chicken, pork or fish. This menu never changes.
We never bothered with the Greek restaurant as it was located by the other pool and looked like a snack bar!
For us it was the little things that didn't quite make it the 5* hotel we had hoped for, there was no proper napkins, no candles outside at night, we met a number of people who we spent time with who hadn't even received a bath Robe. Not to mention the lack of glasses for drinks where you would often find your served your drink at night in a plastic cup that you would get around the pool in the day as they had limited glasses and staff to serve you. I am sorry but drinking a cocktail out of a plastic cup in the evening is most definitely not 5* luxury to me.
Entertainment is limited u make your own.
Last but not least was the kind of people staying there, during our first week a huge party from Israel arrived they looked and behaved like travellers, they were rude, arrogant to Carlos the pool bar waiter and did nothing but cause chaos, one one occasion they bought there own bottled alcohol and threw bottles of water across the pool where it nearly hit a small child, kicked a football around that nearly smashed the reception window, would pile plates high with food and would take it back to the pool instead of eating it in the restaurant and on one evening behaved like animals that had been let out of a zoo running around the reception and bar area shouting and jumping around! Hotel management were constantly talking to them but they wouldn't listen! At one point I could of mistaken myself for bring in benidorm not a 5* hotel in Rhodes! Not to mention the massive Scottish party that also Arrived who also drank the pool bar dry and also behave like animals! Not my kind of 5* luxury I am afraid. Overall I enjoyed my holiday but that was only because of the people we had become friends with.
The final straw was upon leaving on Wednesday 26th when on the Monday evening Thomson had pushed a note through the door to say we were being picked up between 10.15 and 10.4am. I tried to contact the rep but hot an automated text back, we checked out early and chose to sit bar the pool bar and wait for the half hour I wasent happy about as there's no air conditioning in reception a d the bus turned up at 10.30sm the rep made out he had spent half hour looking for us and had been on the phone to his manager, when I got on the bus be was quite rude I explained to him if he had been more specific with the time this wouldn't of been the case he turned round and said 'well complain then'!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kresten Royal Villas & SpaThe HotelThe luxurious newly build The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa, stands majestically on the magnificent Kallithea sloping hillside by the sea offering transpire great class, impeccable taste in seductive and stunning sea views of the Aegean, lies an ancient quarry site, (from which stone for the fortification of the City was excavated during the ancient and medieval ages), for unique privacy and relaxation.Everything composes an unforgettable picture. Aesthetically premises, breathtaking nature, warm and kind hearted people with a tradition of excellence in service, dedicated to your well being. Is situated 5,5 km from the famous UNESCO world heritage monument, medieval old town of Rhodes and within walking distance from the recently restored Kallithea Mineral Springs.Paying meticulous attention to cuisine excellence while attracting and employing friendly and helpful minded personnel, we strongly believe that “paying attention in every detail makes a hotel great”.Rooms & SuitesWhatever your choice might be… we have it…Make your choice for your accommodation in our hotel fromDouble roomsJunior Suites SuitesIf you don’t want to walk until the pool, or you want more privacy for your vacations you can choose from ourVillas with private pool:Villa Junior Suites with swimming poolRoyal Suites with swimming pool Our Arrival Offer consists ofBottle Of water, basket of fresh fruits, tea & coffee making facilities, bathrobes, slippers, towels for the beach and shower amenities. In every room you can findSatellite TV, Telephone, fridge, Safety deposit Box and Internet connection through EthernetDiningThere is a famous Greek phrase, “I agapi pernaei apo to stomachi” which means that love is getting bigger and stronger from good Food, and we are ready to offer you a wide variety of choices, top quality and the spirit of the Greek service. Our Food and beverage program was made with our guests’ satisfaction in mind. General All Inclusive Terms:The hotel offers the use of the theme restaurants, included in the ALL Inclusive program, twice (2) per week, instead of dinner at the main restaurant. A reservation is required, at least one day earlier, along with the special meal voucher provided at the hotel reception, upon arrival.Alcohol consumption is allowed to adults only. You may order two drinks per person, at a time.Dress Code: During Dinner at all available restaurants gentlemen must wear long trousers.FacilitiesDuring your Stay you will be surrounded by our state of the art Sport facilities, the newest machinery in our Gym and our variety of pools. You can take a look at our in-Hotel store or you can relax at our spa. 1 external Pool with Sea Water2 external Pools with Sweet Water1 Children’s Pool1 Indoor Pool (Heated)Tennis CourtsFootball Court 5x5Basketball / Volleyball CourtGymSpa (Not Included In the All Inclusive)Super Market (Not Included In the All Inclusive)MeetingsInterested in business? Interested in planning incentive trips for your company? Making a convention? Now combine all these thoughts with a spectacular location, and leisure facilities and you will get an unforgettable experience of business & relaxation at the same time.The Convention Centre, “Golden Hall” is an autonomous building with its own separate entrance and lobby, seats 500 participants and it is equipped with state of the art simultaneous translation facilities as well as divisible smaller meeting rooms, a business center, VIP lounge, press room and a bistro styled coffee shop, makes it ideal destination, for incentive groups.EntertainmentYour entertainment during your stay is as important as your relaxation & dining experience.Except the usage of our facilities for athletics like tennis, basketball, football, volleyball and our gym, Our Animation Team is at your disposal with:Children Activities & playgroundMorning gymnastics & daily activities. Mini Disco for our little customers& Spectacular Shows for your evening entertainmentWeddingsHoneymoon Memories are simply moments that refuse to be ordinary. Falling in love is the magical moment of everybody’s life and our resort is a honeymoon destination, simply once experienced never forgotten.The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa is ideal for an unforgettable wedding ceremony and reception, for special memorable moments, for quiet and relaxing Holiday.SpaFeel free to relax in our new spa facilities and treatments from day 1. Our professional trained staff and our newly made spa facilities are waiting for The biggest star of your vacations…You! A variety of treatments and a world of body relaxation have opened their doors for you.Our Superb Mediterranean Spa gives you the opportunity to indulge yourself with using its exclusive natural products, and unforgettable service. A wellness center with fully equipped gymnasium and Spa with steam bath, sauna, different massage - wellness treatment rooms and an indoor Pool, shall be at your service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Bookgreece.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kresten Royal Villas And Spa
- The Kresten Royal Villas Hotel Kallithea
- The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa Rhodes/Kallithea