Just the place if you want a little glamour and luxury! My friend and I wanted somewhere relaxing with spa facilities at the ready and everything nearby and that is exactly what we got. We went All Inclusive so the breakfasts, lunchs and dinners were all buffet style but the food was always good and fresh. Although we found the hotel didn't really cater to my friend's vegetarian catering needs. So he pretty much had fish every ,unch and dinner time or pasta.
Obviously, we went there when it was low season so the animation team wasn't really up and running and neither was the pool bar at the first pool but that wasn't a big deal. We overheard a couple talking about the resort and apparantly they had only been open a month when we arrived there so the place is quite new - which explained the couple of minor glitches we experience while staying there (i.e the hot water wasn't running for, not more than, 15 minutes at a time for a couple of days). But other than that we were quite happy with everything. I will mention tha the hotel entertainment was lacklustre, but that could have just been down to the time of year we went at.
If I could change something about the hotel, it would be their towels. Despite the fact that we would get new ones everyday, on the first day we arrived there our towels were grey and old and smelt of chlorine. Thereafter though, they were fine but were still grey as they were just really old.
You can also rent sun lounger towels - you just need to leave a deposit of 10Euros per person and you can change the towels as many times as you like while you stay there and you will get your money back upoin returning them.
Kalithea Springs is about a 20minute to half an hour walk from the hotel and it's well worth going. Absolutely beautiful and you can swim there too.
Lindos is another place to visit. If you catch the bus it take 1hr and 15mins approx to get there and it only costs 5Euros each way per person. Well worth going to and absolutely breathtaking views from the ruins and the beach is also absolutely beautiful and picturesque.
I would say that, if you can afford to, rent a car as the island is beautiful all around and, although by taxi to get to and from Rhodes Town is 11/12Euros from the hotel to the town (due to a 3Euro fee the hotel charge for calling them for you) and return to the hotel is 8 Euros, it will probably worth it if you rent a car.
Our room was also brilliant. It was directly above the bar but it was fine as the terrace door was double glazing and we had air con so that wasn't a problem.. We had an absolutely beautiful view of the sea which meant we could watch the sunrise....
It was definatley worth the money and would definatley go again....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kresten Royal Villas & SpaThe HotelThe luxurious newly build The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa, stands majestically on the magnificent Kallithea sloping hillside by the sea offering transpire great class, impeccable taste in seductive and stunning sea views of the Aegean, lies an ancient quarry site, (from which stone for the fortification of the City was excavated during the ancient and medieval ages), for unique privacy and relaxation.Everything composes an unforgettable picture. Aesthetically premises, breathtaking nature, warm and kind hearted people with a tradition of excellence in service, dedicated to your well being. Is situated 5,5 km from the famous UNESCO world heritage monument, medieval old town of Rhodes and within walking distance from the recently restored Kallithea Mineral Springs.Paying meticulous attention to cuisine excellence while attracting and employing friendly and helpful minded personnel, we strongly believe that “paying attention in every detail makes a hotel great”.Rooms & SuitesWhatever your choice might be… we have it…Make your choice for your accommodation in our hotel fromDouble roomsJunior Suites SuitesIf you don’t want to walk until the pool, or you want more privacy for your vacations you can choose from ourVillas with private pool:Villa Junior Suites with swimming poolRoyal Suites with swimming pool Our Arrival Offer consists ofBottle Of water, basket of fresh fruits, tea & coffee making facilities, bathrobes, slippers, towels for the beach and shower amenities. In every room you can findSatellite TV, Telephone, fridge, Safety deposit Box and Internet connection through EthernetDiningThere is a famous Greek phrase, “I agapi pernaei apo to stomachi” which means that love is getting bigger and stronger from good Food, and we are ready to offer you a wide variety of choices, top quality and the spirit of the Greek service. Our Food and beverage program was made with our guests’ satisfaction in mind. General All Inclusive Terms:The hotel offers the use of the theme restaurants, included in the ALL Inclusive program, twice (2) per week, instead of dinner at the main restaurant. A reservation is required, at least one day earlier, along with the special meal voucher provided at the hotel reception, upon arrival.Alcohol consumption is allowed to adults only. You may order two drinks per person, at a time.Dress Code: During Dinner at all available restaurants gentlemen must wear long trousers.FacilitiesDuring your Stay you will be surrounded by our state of the art Sport facilities, the newest machinery in our Gym and our variety of pools. You can take a look at our in-Hotel store or you can relax at our spa. 1 external Pool with Sea Water2 external Pools with Sweet Water1 Children’s Pool1 Indoor Pool (Heated)Tennis CourtsFootball Court 5x5Basketball / Volleyball CourtGymSpa (Not Included In the All Inclusive)Super Market (Not Included In the All Inclusive)MeetingsInterested in business? Interested in planning incentive trips for your company? Making a convention? Now combine all these thoughts with a spectacular location, and leisure facilities and you will get an unforgettable experience of business & relaxation at the same time.The Convention Centre, “Golden Hall” is an autonomous building with its own separate entrance and lobby, seats 500 participants and it is equipped with state of the art simultaneous translation facilities as well as divisible smaller meeting rooms, a business center, VIP lounge, press room and a bistro styled coffee shop, makes it ideal destination, for incentive groups.EntertainmentYour entertainment during your stay is as important as your relaxation & dining experience.Except the usage of our facilities for athletics like tennis, basketball, football, volleyball and our gym, Our Animation Team is at your disposal with:Children Activities & playgroundMorning gymnastics & daily activities. Mini Disco for our little customers& Spectacular Shows for your evening entertainmentWeddingsHoneymoon Memories are simply moments that refuse to be ordinary. Falling in love is the magical moment of everybody’s life and our resort is a honeymoon destination, simply once experienced never forgotten.The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa is ideal for an unforgettable wedding ceremony and reception, for special memorable moments, for quiet and relaxing Holiday.SpaFeel free to relax in our new spa facilities and treatments from day 1. Our professional trained staff and our newly made spa facilities are waiting for The biggest star of your vacations…You! A variety of treatments and a world of body relaxation have opened their doors for you.Our Superb Mediterranean Spa gives you the opportunity to indulge yourself with using its exclusive natural products, and unforgettable service. A wellness center with fully equipped gymnasium and Spa with steam bath, sauna, different massage - wellness treatment rooms and an indoor Pool, shall be at your service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kresten Royal Villas And Spa
- The Kresten Royal Villas Hotel Kallithea
- The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa Rhodes/Kallithea