The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa
Stavros Melathron Studios(Koskinou)(Great Value!)
$68
$58
  • Pool
$49
  • Breakfast included
Eden Roc Resort Hotel & Bungalows(Koskinou)(Great Value!)
$87
$228
$329
TripAdvisor
1,958 results
All reviewsgreek restaurantprivate poolbella vista barjacuzzi bathmain restaurantpool barsister hotelrhodes townthe salt water poolthe italian a la cartelower poolbar staffsea viewmeat or fishjunior suitebottle of waterlate breakfast
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel early July 2012. We absolutely loved this hotel and its fairly new but has the wow factor when you first walk in. Food: was a good standard mainly buffet style and if you are staying for a week you get a choice of Italian and Greek a la carte restaurants and you need to book a couple of days before. Bars: there are 4 bars..I must say they're cocktails are amazing (most of the time. .depends on who makes them) and the majority are included in the all inclusive package. ..the beer is alright but the wine tastes like vinegar. Location: if you want get out and about then you can get the bus at the top of the road or get a taxi to Rhodes town which isn't expensive. Rooms: our room was a very good size but think this could have been four people. The balcony was huge and we were very lucky to get a sea-veiw room. All in all I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012
12  Thank JennaP3
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at the hotel in September 2012. A sea-view room was pre-paid, though upon arrival, the receptionist gave me the key and a hotel map, which definitely indicated the room I’d been given cannot in any way have sea-view. When I entered the room and found out that it viewed parking place, I phoned reception and asked for a room I had paid for (a significant amount for Greece, I should admit). This disappointed me a bit, as I expected some sort of ‘luxury’, promised in the ads. In about an hour the receptionist called me informing that another room was ready for me, and I got back to the reception with my suitcase to get the key from the new room – NO help was offered to accompany me and help me with the baggage. Another disappointment…
The room I finally got was wonderful – ground floor sea-view room with a terrace with a separate exit, amazing view of the sea and the rocks. The rest of the stay was just PERFECT. Hotel service was good; food was wonderful with a diet menu available for all meals. I rented a car from Rhodes Cars and visited all the sightseeing in two days. Visit to Rhodes city is best by public bus, as it is next to impossible to find a parking place in the centre. Bus stop is close to the Old City.
When leaving the hotel at about 4 in the morning, I was offered a breakfast pack, coffee and water – that added to positive impression.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for Greece holidays, if you are ready for minor challenges in the beginning you will be glad you choose this hotel at the end of your stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank Anna_A_K
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the kresten royal in sept 2012 for two weeks for our honeymoon.
We arrived and I immediately burst into tears at just how nice the reception area was and how lucky we'd got......this changed immediately when we were told the hotel was overbooked and we would have to stay in the sister hotel, kresten palace.we did say it was our honeymoon and was there nothing they could do and we're told no they would see us in the morning. We were takin to the kresten palace which was fine but nothing special. We were allowed to use the facilities at the kresten palace however so we took advantage of sampling the cocktail menu on night one, we did hear at reception a few times in our two weeks this happening to other people and worked out they were charging people who needed late check out to keep there rooms therefore having no space for new guests arriving.
On day two we were given our room at the royal and could not have had a better room. The view was unreal, we stayed in the main building and had a view all the way to Rhodes town,across the sea as far as the eye would take you. The room itself was very clean,jacuzzi amazing, towels changed regularly. We also had free wine,fruit,water (and eventually bathrobes) once we realised everyone else had them so we asked,
We treated ourselves to a couples hot stone massage and it was very relaxing and worth the money.
There was always space beside either pool and it was never a problem for a sunbed.pool area was always clean, we chose the top pool area more often as it was quieter and less children about. ( nothing against them I just work with them and fancied my two weeks off)
The food was ok but not 5 star there was plenty food available it just got quite repetitive.
The a la carte restaurants were nothing to write home about and the Italian was very rushed.
Would love to go back for the breakfast though.
We chose to go to Rhodes town a lot and also ventured to falaraki. 1.80 pp on the bus from the top of they road, longest we waited was 15 mins.do not get taxis. There's no need.
Rhodes old town is beautiful. Loads of shops and amazing restaurants. Try phillipos for the best steak.
Boat trip from falaraki to lindos was fantastic
Also kalithea springs was lovely. If we hadn't just got married we would have chosen to do it here.
Overall I would stay at the kresten again but would be prepared for going out for meals.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank MrsMNM_0709
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We visited the Kresten Royal last June/July for 10 days, travelling as a family of three with our 13 year old daughter. She enjoyed the pool and made a couple of friends but there didn't seem to be much else for them to do in the complex itself.

The hotel is a lovely, clean building, and very modern looking and we were impressed with the aesthetics of the surroundings. The pools were clean and inviting, the reception was clean and the staff were friendly and smartly dressed.

We found the food selection in the evenings was a little limited, but we tend to eat out on holiday anyway. We went out for dinner every night at the Rhodes old town ($13-15 each way via taxi). However, we ate lunch in the restaurant each day and the wine and beer was very nice, as well as the lunchtime buffet which we always found something to eat from. The pool bar service was excellent; the man serving there was a lovely friendly man who always remebered your drink preference and whizzed up some great cocktails for us. The staff in the reception lobby bar are also lovely and always ready with a smile for you.

The only gripe we had was the rooms weren't fantastic. They were nice, don't get me wrong,, but they were just lacking that special something. They were cleaned every day etc but the standard of a 5* room for me was set when we visited the Sandos San Blas last year- they were perfect. At the Kresten, we had a ground floor, garden-view room and the patio area was just not private at all, and we do like a drink on the balcony at night so we felt a bit disappointed about this aspect. Also, had an invasion of ants in the bathroom one afternoon but went to reception and was given some spray which sorted them out. Did find various weird-looking bugs creeping around though throughout our stay, which I put down to the garden being directly outside our patio door!

I had requested a private pool room on the offchance we might get upgraded after reading that some people had done this and succeeded in having one allocated to them. However, we didn't get one even though some of them were empty!

All in all this hotel was great, and I would recommend it as we had a lovely time. We thought Rhodes town was just fantastic and if we do return to the island we would certainly consider coming back to the Kresten, but I would shop around first.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a ground floor garden room if you like to sit out on a private balcony!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
21  Thank Girly_Girl_Girl
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My Wife, wedding party and I stayed here for 2 weeks in September 2012 (I know late review), when we all traveled out for our Wedding. My wife and I arrived a week prior to the wedding party due to a little bit of organizing to be done and a little relaxation, the calm before the storm.

As soon as we arrived we were greeted by the late night receptionist due to it being 2am! We were offered a snack while he checked us in. We were told that we had been upgraded to a Junior Suite. We were taken to our room and went to bed. When we woke up the next morning we found out exactly what we had been upgraded to. As we stepped out of the room we were greeted by our private pool that overlooked the sea towards Old Rhodes Town.

I cannot fault the cleanliness of the rooms or the hotel. Everything was spotless. We found that the food was very good and there was always something for you to eat, no matter whether you liked the nights theme or not.

We were getting married in the second week of our holiday and had organised most things with Olympic Holidays prior to our holiday, however we did have a few bits to sort. We had a dedicated Wedding Co-Ordinator called Kelly, who might I add, was absolutely fantastic. Kelly did the running around so we didnt have to. She organised transport to and from the Wedding Venue (Kalithea Springs), which is beautiful, music on the day, drinks at the venue, all of the documentation being translated as well as organising a bouquet of flowers to be delivered to my wife on the day. She could not do enough for us.

We did however have to sort a few bits ourselves with the hotel. We had contacted Vasilis, the hotel manager prior to arriving and we arranged a meeting with him when we were in resort. Again, Vasilis and his staff were fantastic. They allowed us to have our Wedding Breakfast in the Italian restaurant, where they decorated the table, let us choose the meals and set aside waitresses and waiters for us, ALL FOR FREE! We also met the F&B manager who discussed the menu and the wine selections to go with the food (the wine we chose was extra, but we had no problems with that). The meal was fantastic and even better than the meal we had in the restaurant the week prior. Our wedding day was also my sisters 21st Birthday. The hotel put together a Birthday Cake for after the meal and the bar staff joined in singing Happy Birthday.

My wife and Bridesmaids also had Nails and Hair treatments on the day which was organised by the hotel for locals to come in and undertake for us.

Our party was very varied in age, from 11 to 80 odd and was fantastic for all.

I cant recommend the hotel highly enough. The pools were a little on the chilly side but nice when you got in. The bar staff on the Pool Bar and the Lobby Bar were fantastic. Mike in the Lobby Bar is a lovely guy and will chat to you if you make the effort.

Overall the staff, hotel, service and facilities are fantastic. I would definitely go back and re live some happy memories in the future.

Thank you Vasilis and the Kresten Royal staff, you made our Wedding a fantastic day. And as for Kelly, thank you. You made our day run smoothly and exactly as we wanted it.

On another note, do make sure you explore the Old Rhodes Town. There are lots of fantastic Restaurants at a very reasonable price. I would definitely recommend the Ippotikon Restaurant where we ate for my Sister In Laws birthday.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family