My Wife, wedding party and I stayed here for 2 weeks in September 2012 (I know late review), when we all traveled out for our Wedding. My wife and I arrived a week prior to the wedding party due to a little bit of organizing to be done and a little relaxation, the calm before the storm.
As soon as we arrived we were greeted by the late night receptionist due to it being 2am! We were offered a snack while he checked us in. We were told that we had been upgraded to a Junior Suite. We were taken to our room and went to bed. When we woke up the next morning we found out exactly what we had been upgraded to. As we stepped out of the room we were greeted by our private pool that overlooked the sea towards Old Rhodes Town.
I cannot fault the cleanliness of the rooms or the hotel. Everything was spotless. We found that the food was very good and there was always something for you to eat, no matter whether you liked the nights theme or not.
We were getting married in the second week of our holiday and had organised most things with Olympic Holidays prior to our holiday, however we did have a few bits to sort. We had a dedicated Wedding Co-Ordinator called Kelly, who might I add, was absolutely fantastic. Kelly did the running around so we didnt have to. She organised transport to and from the Wedding Venue (Kalithea Springs), which is beautiful, music on the day, drinks at the venue, all of the documentation being translated as well as organising a bouquet of flowers to be delivered to my wife on the day. She could not do enough for us.
We did however have to sort a few bits ourselves with the hotel. We had contacted Vasilis, the hotel manager prior to arriving and we arranged a meeting with him when we were in resort. Again, Vasilis and his staff were fantastic. They allowed us to have our Wedding Breakfast in the Italian restaurant, where they decorated the table, let us choose the meals and set aside waitresses and waiters for us, ALL FOR FREE! We also met the F&B manager who discussed the menu and the wine selections to go with the food (the wine we chose was extra, but we had no problems with that). The meal was fantastic and even better than the meal we had in the restaurant the week prior. Our wedding day was also my sisters 21st Birthday. The hotel put together a Birthday Cake for after the meal and the bar staff joined in singing Happy Birthday.
My wife and Bridesmaids also had Nails and Hair treatments on the day which was organised by the hotel for locals to come in and undertake for us.
Our party was very varied in age, from 11 to 80 odd and was fantastic for all.
I cant recommend the hotel highly enough. The pools were a little on the chilly side but nice when you got in. The bar staff on the Pool Bar and the Lobby Bar were fantastic. Mike in the Lobby Bar is a lovely guy and will chat to you if you make the effort.
Overall the staff, hotel, service and facilities are fantastic. I would definitely go back and re live some happy memories in the future.
Thank you Vasilis and the Kresten Royal staff, you made our Wedding a fantastic day. And as for Kelly, thank you. You made our day run smoothly and exactly as we wanted it.
On another note, do make sure you explore the Old Rhodes Town. There are lots of fantastic Restaurants at a very reasonable price. I would definitely recommend the Ippotikon Restaurant where we ate for my Sister In Laws birthday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kresten Royal Villas & SpaThe HotelThe luxurious newly build The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa, stands majestically on the magnificent Kallithea sloping hillside by the sea offering transpire great class, impeccable taste in seductive and stunning sea views of the Aegean, lies an ancient quarry site, (from which stone for the fortification of the City was excavated during the ancient and medieval ages), for unique privacy and relaxation.Everything composes an unforgettable picture. Aesthetically premises, breathtaking nature, warm and kind hearted people with a tradition of excellence in service, dedicated to your well being. Is situated 5,5 km from the famous UNESCO world heritage monument, medieval old town of Rhodes and within walking distance from the recently restored Kallithea Mineral Springs.Paying meticulous attention to cuisine excellence while attracting and employing friendly and helpful minded personnel, we strongly believe that “paying attention in every detail makes a hotel great”.Rooms & SuitesWhatever your choice might be… we have it…Make your choice for your accommodation in our hotel fromDouble roomsJunior Suites SuitesIf you don’t want to walk until the pool, or you want more privacy for your vacations you can choose from ourVillas with private pool:Villa Junior Suites with swimming poolRoyal Suites with swimming pool Our Arrival Offer consists ofBottle Of water, basket of fresh fruits, tea & coffee making facilities, bathrobes, slippers, towels for the beach and shower amenities. In every room you can findSatellite TV, Telephone, fridge, Safety deposit Box and Internet connection through EthernetDiningThere is a famous Greek phrase, “I agapi pernaei apo to stomachi” which means that love is getting bigger and stronger from good Food, and we are ready to offer you a wide variety of choices, top quality and the spirit of the Greek service. Our Food and beverage program was made with our guests’ satisfaction in mind. General All Inclusive Terms:The hotel offers the use of the theme restaurants, included in the ALL Inclusive program, twice (2) per week, instead of dinner at the main restaurant. A reservation is required, at least one day earlier, along with the special meal voucher provided at the hotel reception, upon arrival.Alcohol consumption is allowed to adults only. You may order two drinks per person, at a time.Dress Code: During Dinner at all available restaurants gentlemen must wear long trousers.FacilitiesDuring your Stay you will be surrounded by our state of the art Sport facilities, the newest machinery in our Gym and our variety of pools. You can take a look at our in-Hotel store or you can relax at our spa. 1 external Pool with Sea Water2 external Pools with Sweet Water1 Children’s Pool1 Indoor Pool (Heated)Tennis CourtsFootball Court 5x5Basketball / Volleyball CourtGymSpa (Not Included In the All Inclusive)Super Market (Not Included In the All Inclusive)MeetingsInterested in business? Interested in planning incentive trips for your company? Making a convention? Now combine all these thoughts with a spectacular location, and leisure facilities and you will get an unforgettable experience of business & relaxation at the same time.The Convention Centre, “Golden Hall” is an autonomous building with its own separate entrance and lobby, seats 500 participants and it is equipped with state of the art simultaneous translation facilities as well as divisible smaller meeting rooms, a business center, VIP lounge, press room and a bistro styled coffee shop, makes it ideal destination, for incentive groups.EntertainmentYour entertainment during your stay is as important as your relaxation & dining experience.Except the usage of our facilities for athletics like tennis, basketball, football, volleyball and our gym, Our Animation Team is at your disposal with:Children Activities & playgroundMorning gymnastics & daily activities. Mini Disco for our little customers& Spectacular Shows for your evening entertainmentWeddingsHoneymoon Memories are simply moments that refuse to be ordinary. Falling in love is the magical moment of everybody’s life and our resort is a honeymoon destination, simply once experienced never forgotten.The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa is ideal for an unforgettable wedding ceremony and reception, for special memorable moments, for quiet and relaxing Holiday.SpaFeel free to relax in our new spa facilities and treatments from day 1. Our professional trained staff and our newly made spa facilities are waiting for The biggest star of your vacations…You! A variety of treatments and a world of body relaxation have opened their doors for you.Our Superb Mediterranean Spa gives you the opportunity to indulge yourself with using its exclusive natural products, and unforgettable service. A wellness center with fully equipped gymnasium and Spa with steam bath, sauna, different massage - wellness treatment rooms and an indoor Pool, shall be at your service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kresten Royal Villas Hotel Kallithea
- The Kresten Royal Villas And Spa
- The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa Rhodes/Kallithea