“Just OK”

The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Kallithea
Reviewed April 23, 2012

It's new nice hotel with friendly staff. Our room was big and clean, the buffet meals were good. We didn't like only long corridors we must walk to get to reception, main restaurant, pools... Pools were quite freezy in April :). The beach nearby hotel is little and not comfortable. About location: hotel is in very quiet place, 6 km from Rhodes (you can go there by taxi) and if you want just to go for a walk somewhere around in the evening you may be dissapointed for a little...

5  Thank AusraKaunas
KrestenRoyal, Guest Relations Manager at The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion about our hotel. We are glad to hear about our friendly staff, big and clean rooms and nice buffet meals. We hope we will have a chance to welcome you again at The Kresten Royal Villas and Spa and offer you our hospitality.

There are newer reviews for The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa

Reviewed April 19, 2012

I am a student nurse and arrived a little stressed, desperately needing to relax. Despite an initial room mix up (communication prob. with my tour operator..) I was treated with respect and received a sea view room that exceeded all of my expectations. From the word go I was reassured and treated with excellent customer service by Reservations manager Chrysanthe who went the extra mile to ensure my holiday started well. I originally booked the Princess and was over the moon to stay at the Royal.
On my first night I was shown to my table by a friendly and professional Fotuni, who advised me of a quieter time when I might be able to choose a window seat for my future meal times. She continued to welcome me to my meals and put me at ease as I was holidaying on my own, on a daily basis despite being rushed of her feet.
I found the buffet food fresh and exquisite, the choice was fantastic and as I ate mostly fish and vegetables was regularly suprised at the range of options, including at breakfast.
I ate at the al a carte which was beautiful but I especially loved the waitress service and gorgeous fresh dishes at the Greekn night facing the fresh water pool and sea.
I made full use of the gym facilities, and regularly had the indoor pool to myself for the last hour in the evening, which was so relaxing and in a word 'stunning'!
I loved my jacuzzi bath, the high standard of daily cleaning, my tea making facilities and wifi access where ever I went.
I found the porter service attentive whilst prompt and extremely professional when transporting my luggage or helping me reset my safe code!
I found the waitresses at the snack bar (Nina and Fortini) welcoming and accomodating when I wanted a small salad in the afternoon.
I also found Agatta on the concierge extremely helpful and personable and always made time to give advice and chat with me regularly, another professional with a smile!
All in all this really was the holiday of a life time, staff, facilities, and the occassional sunny day (not bad for April!) really gave me a beautiful relaxing experience.
My only advice would be to offer the option of a slightly softer mattress as it is a personal thing but it was a bit too hard for me (I have a memory foam at home..)
Thank you Kreston Royal I hope to return in the future. *_*

Room Tip: A sea view is very reassuring and liberating if you suffer from claustrophobia and are travelling al...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank Gypsie73

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing with us and other readers of Trip Advisor your “holiday of a life time” experience at Kresten Royal Villas and Spa. It is extremely evaluating to hear that all our services and products “exceeded all of you expectations”. Our goal was to let you feel special and super relaxed and we are so happy to hear that we managed to do so.
Thank You for pointing our “excellent” customer service, “exquisite and fantastic” buffet, “beautiful” a la carte restaurants and “stunning” gym and pool facilities. We are also very proud to hear that our staff members of Frond Desk, Concierge, Restaurants and Bars delivered services that left you so impressed and satisfied. Let us assure you that your feedback will be passed to each team member that you mentioned.
Once again, thank you for your fantastic review and if you decide to return to Rhodes we would be extremely happy to welcome you again and offer you our warm hospitality.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

all was as expected, very good, I will return there for my next vacation.
The only problem were some french guests who were very noisy. Thats why I cannot recomend room in the main building because of the long corridors and the guests walking there late at night making noise.

Room Tip: dont take rooms in main building, too much noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Benira

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for a nice comment regarding our hotel. It is always a great reward for us to hear that our services and products met all your expectations. As you are already planning to return to us, we are looking forward to seeing you again in the nearest future.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

We seem to end up in the Royal although we had booked in the Palace, which was nice. Lovely new hotel, gardens still a little immature but it’s coming along nicely.
The buffet meals were superb, a very large choice and of a standard you would find in a good restaurant. Even the table allocation was made pleasant by very friendly staff, especially Fotini who had the biggest smile in the Dodecanese Islands.
I wish the abundant solar energy could have pumped some heat into the (very well maintained) private pools.
Next time I will bring some fishing gear. Nice neighbours, some friendly Germans who gave us a sun bed and some real friendly Walloons who were flawless in spotting dolphins at 200 feet.

5  Thank pawninthegameoflife

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel at Trip Advisor. It is a real pleasure to hear such a great feedback about our “superb” meals and “friendly” staff. We will be more than happy to welcome you again and offer you the same high standard of services.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

We booked this hotel just a week before we travelled. It was truely impossible to fault this Hotel complex. Most fantastic was the food. There were so many options available that you could not help but become greedy. My husband regularly had two or three different small starters and main meals just to be able to sample from the huge variety on offer each mealtime. The Hotel cater mainly an All-Inclusive basis, therefore catering for masses each mealtime. Yet the variety of different dishes available changed each time we arrived in the huge, spacious and beautiful dining room.
From the waitress and waiters to the cleaning team, and reception staff each person greeted us with a smile and a welcoming comment.
Sun loungers all had padded cushions on and there was plenty to go around. Each of the pool area's are designed to have a beautiful view of the sea from almost every angle.
Swimming pools were a little on the cold side, but we viswited in April, so only to be expected really. There is a lovely heated indoor pool within the amazing Spa area open to children if the outside pools are a little too cool when you visit.
Many of the Hotel rooms have their own pool to the rear and each of these were lit up at night and perfectly clean and well kept. We did not have this and I did enquire about up-grading to one of these rooms, with the reception but felt it was a little pricey. Might be best if you can afford to do it, do it when you book.
The rooms were all massive, well equipped and brand new. The beds were on the hard-side but we didn't lose any sleep, just took 5 minutes to get comfy.
We paid £60 with our tour operator to have return transfers from and to the airport, this was a mistake as you can go direct via Taxi service for 11 Euro, so it's quicker and cheaper. Taxis are easily available both ends of the journey.
Old Rhodes Town is close by using a Taxi service for again 11 Euro, and this is well worth a visit.
All in all, this is an amazing place to stay. It really was impossible to fault. I'm hoping to go back again later in the year. My Daughter and I are lucky enough to holiday regularly and we've been to many nice places but I've never felt the need to write a review to tell everyone how impressed we were nor have I ever enquired before I leave about re-booking.
Ryanair fly quite cheaply to Rhodes and you can get a taxi straight to the Hotel in 20 minutes, this will hopefully become somewhere we visit a few times.

Room Tip: All rooms in the 500 blocks, 700 blocks with private pool and 900 Villa's were amazing and worth...
8  Thank Sarah R

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your great review about your stay at The Kresten Royal Villas and Spa. We are truly delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa and that you were satisfied with services and products that we are offering. Our goal is to let our guests feel special, comfortable and relaxed and we are very proud that our staff in several departments has delivered the highest standards of services that you expected.
We would like to thank you for taking time in pointing exactly the aspects of your holiday that suited you the most such as: “welcoming” staff, “most fantastic food”, “beautiful dining room”, great pool areas, “massive, well equipped and brand new” rooms. Your recommendation of our specious Junior Villa Suites and Royal Suites with private pools is highly valuable for us also.
Thank you again for this rewarding comment and we hope we will see you in near future to welcome you again and offer you the best of our services.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

The hotel had only just opened for Easter, the staff were excellent, Elenor the bar maid at the bella vista bar was so friendly. The room was very spacious and clean, but I agree about the beds being very hard. The food was excellent and enjoyed the Italian A la carte which we went to twice. I would recommend going All Inclusive, as we found the prices of food and drink in Greece has become very expensive. The hotel is 6 Klm from Rhodes Town the buses were not running so early in the season so took a taxi fixed price of 9 Euros each way. Also went to Lindos which is over a hour away the bus was 5 euros each way but limited times as a taxi would have been 50 euros each way. Would recommend the hotel if you want a good quality new hotel in a quiet location.

Room Tip: Near all rooms have a sea view - would only recommend paying for a villa with pool in high season as...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank tracy r

Dear Guest,

Thank you that you took time to post your positive review about your recent stay at The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa and that you share your experience with the readers of Trip Advisor. We are very happy that you mentioned our spacious rooms, good food, a la carte restaurant “Teatro”- but most of all- our “excellent” staff. Be sure that we will pass your feedback to members of our team.
Once again, thank you for “excellent” review and we hope we will have a chance to welcome you again at The Kresten Royal and offer you our services.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Booked last minute, hotel just reopened for summer. Friendly, attentive staff to look after you. Spacious, clean rooms; beds a little uncomfortable unless you like a hard mattress but fab jacuzzi bathtub. plenty of sunbeds & designated areas for enjoying the peace & sun. Great hotel lobby bar although entertainment a little repetitive if thats what you're here for. On the whole food good but repetitive; book early (earlier than recommended) for themed restaurants to avoid disappointment. Drink choices varied & plenty of options with good measures. Indoor pool only real negative as not heated as advertised. overall good value for money & would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012
6  Thank holidaypair1979

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your comment and valuable time taken. It is great to hear that you find our staff “friendly and attentive” and that you enjoyed our relaxing facilities, good food and drinks.
As happy we were to welcome you as a first guest this season, we are sorry for any inconvenience and if you choose to return to our island, our hotel will be always at your disposal in order to welcome you once again and offer you our services.

“Your” Kresten Royal Management Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kallithea
Elysium Resort & Spa
#15 of 126 in Rhodes Town
Kresten Palace
Kresten Palace
#2 of 5 in Koskinou

Been to The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!