“Great big resort”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Kallithea
Munich, Germany
“Great big resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed 2 nights there in the first week of October. It is a great hotel with very friendly staff. Pool is nice and looks lovely and the breakfast is super too. If you are not fan of buffets, I would suggest to have dinner somewhere outside in smaller restaurants where you can get dish of your choice as I am always in favour of that as buffet is generally not my thing. But their buffet is quite OK.

I would not stay all my holidays here as there are a lot of cool places where you should spend your nights like Lindos, old town and Symi island but that has nothing to do with this hotel It is great and if you like to stay just in one place and relax there, then this is one of the best choices.

The rooms are very nicely decorated and relaxed and nice comfortable beds, but lobby, corridors and especially inside dining area is not 5 star hotel standards. They should improve that. I was quite disappointed with the restaurants inside decor where they have buffet breakfast and dinner. It is very uninviting interior.

We loved our stay there and would recommend it for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing sea view room and not the ones with side facing balcony to sea.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Benie M
harmony_el, Guest Relations Manager at Elysium Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to bring your feedback to our attention. We are delighted to read that you have had an enjoyable time in our resort and would like to take this opportunity and thank you for the comments made.
Furthermore we are very pleased to read that you found most aspects of our resort to be of high standards, namely the hotel facilities and room amenities.
Additionally it is always a pleasure to read comments, which always help us improve the services provided in all areas of our resort, from our guests that would highly recommend our property to other holiday makers.
On behalf of the management and staff we would like to warmly thank you for the positive comments made and very much hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in our resort in the near future.
Customer Services Department

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Thionville, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I would like to share my experience and advise you about the pro and coins about the Elysium hotel where I stayed for 10 days in October 2013.

General comments: Modern hotel but decorated without style. It looks more like a business hotel than a resort hotel. One main building and two small ones.
When you are not staying in the main building, you have to walk along the main island cost road to go to your room. This does not really give you the expected holidays feeling...

The staff are all fluent in English. Some of them also speak French or German.
When I arrived late, nobody brought me to my room. I had to carry my suitcase and find my room alone in the dark... Not really a good start...

The morning after I was happy to discover the view from my balcony. The outside pool is really beautiful and the sea view is amazing. The garden is very nice too.

Room: Good size room well equiped with mini bar, electronic safe, good hair dryer, very good and large bed, nice bath robes, international TV channels, small balcony with very nice sea view.

Rooms are not well isolated and very noisy. You can hear the road traffic and what happens in all the rooms around you. The decoration is not existing and you could be anywhere else in the world. It looks very much like a room in a business hotel.
Wifi access is not available in the room. You have to go at the pool or in the main building to have the wifi connection.
Very cheap slippers for a deluxe 5*... Never saw such a poor quality... You can see your toes accross the slippers!!!

The cleaning of the room could be much more better. It looks clean but only if you do not look at it too much closer... I broke a glass in my room and 3 days later the glass pieces were still under my bed!!! The balcony has not been cleaned once during my all stay... Not acceptable in a 5* deluxe hotel.
The cleaners enter in your room even if you switch on the privacy ligth in front of the door.

Pool area: very nice with sunbeds all around. Enough umbrellas for everyone.Bar with snacks is available in the middle of the pool. The pool is only open from 10:00 to 19:00. A bit short timing when you are on holidays.

Beach area: no white sand but a mix of sand and stones ( small an big ones).
The sea water is amazing. Transparent and clear, a paradise for the swimmers and for snorkling. If you do not like to swim, this is not the right place to be as you will find a lot of stones in the sea too. It is very difficult to walk in the water. You better wear some special shoes. I would not recommend this beach for children as there is a strong stream and it could be dangerous for them.

Toilets, changing rooms and showers are available at the beach. All these facilities are very clean which is a very good point.
Very relaxing beach as you do not have any loud music and enough space.

Main restaurant:
Very nice outside terrace with great view. Inside restaurant is very basic: looks like a big cantine without style and is very noisy.
If it is a cold evening, you have to wait for a long while in the lobby before being able to seat inside for dinner as the seats are limited.

Beach restaurant:
Well located with nice view and furniture. Poor choice of food and not very tasty.
Level of service is not a 5*. They gave me my bill before serving me my food!!!! :(

Breakfast Buffet : large choice of breads, fresh pancakes and waffles, fresh squeeze orange juice, ... Everyone can find something he/her likes even if it is not presented in a very stylish way...

Dinner:
The food is not at all what you can expect in a 5* hotel. Very basic and cheap food on the buffet: pasta, french fries, steamed vegetables, cheap meat, basic pizza, always the same salad choices... This is not real cuisine....The dessert buffet looks a bit better but is not more tasty. A lot of industrial mousses, basic cakes, low quality ice creams and a selection of cheap fruits... Again, you have the feeling to be in a 3* all inclusive Hotel and not in the 5* hotel you paid for...
Drinks are not included (even not a small bootle of water) and are quite expensive.

The only better food is when they served you the main course at the table ( you should have paid an extra for this). The bad point is that they only serve you this course 5 days a week. The 2 other days you have to cope with the poor buffet only... :(

The waiters are very nice and friendly but when you speak with them you can see that they do not have any idea about what you could expect in a 5 * hotel.

Spa center: nothing special expected the prices which are ridiculous!!! I never saw this anywhere else!!! 185 Eur for a massage... For this price they kindly offer you a "complimentary access" to the sauna, hammam and warmed pool!!! I strongly recommend you to walk two minutes away and enjoy a nice massage at the Alila Hotel located just 30 meters away. For 63 Eur, I had a 70 minutes massage done by a professional kinésithérapeute. I went there 3 times during my stay and must say that I had some top level massages for a reasonable price.

Fitness centre: well equiped but only open from 10:00 to 19:00. Again, not the most convenient timing.

Supermarket in the hotel: very convenient if you are missing something in your suitcase. Large choice of items, food, drinks, international newspapers at very reasonable costs. The only expensive items I saw are the sun creams. Make sure to bring enough with you! ;-) Very kind and friendly people in this shop.

Visits around the Island: the good point about beeing so close to the main island road is to have the bus stop just in front of the hotel. This is a very easy and cheap way to go to Rhodos or Lindos. Both locations are really nice. I would also recommend to visit Symi Island. You can buy a daily excursion ticket at the reception for 25 Eur. The boat stop is located at the beach just 50 meters away from the Elissium. You will then take the ferry in Rhodos and enjoy the 2h30 trip on the sea. Very nice landscape during the trip and Symi is really beautiful!!! You will also be able to visit a very nice traditional monastery during this trip.

In conclusion, you pay for a 5* and stay in an average 4* hotel. A bit disapointing...
The Elysium hotel is a nice place to stay if you can profit of a special offer but I would recommend not to spend too much money for it.

Due to my job, I spend more than 100 nights per year in the high level hotels all round the world and part of my job is to select the best hotels. I am sorry to say that I will never select the Elysium which is very much over rated and is not at all a 5* hotel. Maybe 4* if they would improve the services and look more into the details which make the difference.

I spoke with Sofia the guest relationship manager about my disapointments during my stay and told her about all the important details which are missing at the Elysium Hotel. Sofia was very nice and took some notes during our meeting. I hope that the top management will take those comments into consideration for the next guests even if I did not had the feeling that they realise the difference between a 4* and a 5* deluxe hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
8 Thank Lallalie
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to bring your feedback to our attention. It is always regrettable to note that there were some issues that caused some dissatisfaction with your stay and would like to offer our apology for any inconvenience caused.
We would like to inform you, regarding your comment for the hotel design and its style in general, that the Elysium is proud of the Energy Efficiency and the Green Policy it follows as well as its modern design. Elysium receives environmental awards every year and moreover has been recognized by our visitors amongst the most modern resorts they have ever visited. We understand that design and style is something very subjective and a matter of personal taste and feels sorry to read that this was not found as elegant as you expected.
Please kindly note that in regards to your comments of having a steep pricing policy as far as our spa treatments are concerned, we would like to note that our prices are in line with those charged by most proper five star spa facilities in Europe and can only apologize if those seemed to you unreasonable. Elysium is one of the two resorts in whole Greece which uses ESPA cosmetics ,one of the top companies in each field worldwide and we are surprised that although you mention that you travel a lot and have a great experience you did not point this out before you make your final comment regarding our Spa services .By making a comparison , with other spa’s which do not use the same luxury branded cosmetics and facilities, can only mislead and are in strong contrast with what past clients ,who have enjoyed and recommended Elysium’s Spa, believe.
We are most concerned and deeply sorry should you have experienced some issues with our housekeeping department. Cleanliness is of paramount importance to us and this is reflected by the excellent feedback received in this field by nearly all the hotel guests since the hotel’s opening. In any case we would like to thank you for your feedback and assure you that all comments made have been relayed to the chief housekeep for further evaluation.
Furthermore we are aware that the internet in these days is a very important service and we are genuinely sorry for any inconvenience caused during your stay.
Additionally we would like to thank you for the kind comments for the aspects of our resort that were in your opinion of high standards pool areas ,private beach and extra facilities like the mini market inside the resort.
Elysium Resort & Spa management takes all feedback very seriously and would like to assure you that the comments made, especially the once addressed to our food services, have already been relayed to the ones responsible. We are deeply sorry that your opinion does not correspond to the numerous excellent reviews received by the client that have visited our dedicated resort so far and who are the main reason Elysium gets awarded from multiple editorials and travel agents as one of the top vacation resorts in Greece every year.
We hope that should your future travel plans call for a trip to Rhodes that you might consider giving us another chance to show you why Elysium is considered to be amongst the top five star hotels in Rhodes.
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

A beautiful hotel room! Rooms are clean and cosy. Staff very trying, and exercise the utmost goodwill. In the main restaurant are wonderful people Marilena and Antonis. They are high professionals and always ready to help in the choice of dishes and drinks. We always sat at the tables which they served and enjoyed the attention, which they pay! We recommend all when visiting the Central restaurant request put you at the tables that serve Marilena and Antonis! Separate attention deserves the spa. Great choice of accommodation services to both women and men. For the duration of your stay in this wonderful hotel we have no claims to maintenance . We recommend all choose this hotel!

Dear Valued Guest,
We are delighted to read that you have had an enjoyable time in our resort and would like to take this opportunity and thank you for the comments made. It is always rewarding to read such positive comments about our resort and we are very happy to note that you had an excellent holiday.
The majority of our guests are very happy for our staff professionalism both in terms of high standard services provided as well as with the friendliness and extra care every dedicated client need is handled and would like once more to thank you for pointing this out.
Peterhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Excellent hotel, staff couldn't have been more friendly and done enough for us.
Upgraded to a superior room with a sea view, balcony was very roomy and we sat out at night listening to the live entertainment at the beach restaurant.
Food was excellent, there was every type of food so even fussy eaters wouldn't miss out!
Especially liked the Jacuzzi in the bath.
We didn't try the spa as we felt it was a bit overpriced.
The beach was great for relaxing and just beside the beach bar which did lovely lunches.
Overall it was an excellent place to stay and I would stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your positive comments and for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. This is greatly appreciated by all of us, managers and staff alike.
We are very pleased to read that you found all aspects of our resort to be of high standards, namely the staff friendliness, the food services and hotel facilities.
Once again thank you for the feedback provided and for recommending our dedicated resort to other holidaymakers. We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in Elysium Resort & Spa.
Cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We have just returned from our week-long honeymoon at Elysium Resort & Spa in Kalithea, Rhodes and it was wonderful!

As it was our honeymoon we paid to upgrade to a Superior Room, which was really spacious, had a lovely balcony with views over the beach / sea and a glass wall between the bathroom and bedroom, so you could see the sea from the whirlpool bath (you could also make the wall opaque, if required!).

The hotel was beautifully designed and the communal areas, restaurants, bars and pool area were lovely. The beach was a bit of a disappointment, but this was due to the shingle-type beach and the very stoney and steep-shelving sea.

We had fabulous meals at the hotel - eating in the main Emerald Restaurant most nights, but treating ourselves to a meal in the rooftop restaurant one night.

The staff at the hotel were really friendly and welcoming, especially the team at the pool bar and those who worked in Emerald Restaurant.

The hotel is a short distance from Fakiraki and from Rhodes Town and we visited both during our week.

The hotel is definitely 5* in terms of appearance and service.

We would recommend to anyone looking for a peaceful escape in luxurious surroundings.

Room Tip: Worth paying for an upgrade to a Superior Room as the standard rooms were considerably smaller and d...
Dear Valued Guest,
It is always rewarding to read such positive comments about our resort and we are very happy to note that you had an excellent holiday. Especially when such positive review come from Honeymooners, who have decided to spend their special moments with us, this makes us all proud of being part of Elysium’s dedicated team.
Furthermore the majority of our guests are very happy for our staff professionalism both in terms of high standard services provided as well as with the friendliness and extra care every dedicated client need is handled and would like once more to thank you for pointing this out.
Additionally we are very pleased to read that you found all aspects of our resort to be of high standards, namely the location of the hotel, the room facilities and all our food services.
On behalf of the management and staff we would like to warmly thank you for the positive comments made and very much waiting to welcoming you back in our resort in your next holidays in Rhodes Island.
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Elysium is an excellent hotel: it lets you enjoy your freedom and provides you with many services to let you forget the stress of daily life. First of all, their rooms are wonderful; modern and clean. The shower is super and the bed is very comfortable and large. One thing I did miss, was a coffee and tea set to make some drinks in your room. A small fridge was present though.
Secondly, the breakfast is perfect, with lots of choice and fresh food (vegetables, fruit, omelettes/eggs, fresh orange juice, bread, cheese, filter coffee and tea). Dinner was good as well, however, it was disappointing that the beverages (incl water!) were not free of charge. There is no such thing as tap water, meaning we had to order a bottle of mineral water, which costed 3,60 euro, or wine, starting from 11 euro. Coffee/cappuccino (4 euro) is not included as well. Every night we had a different menu, which was very nice - varying from Greek food to sushi. The restaurant service is excellent, waiters were all over the place. When the restaurant is full, they let you wait for 5 minutes andserve you some champagne in the meantime (pampering the clients).
Thirdly, the hotel was at a stone's throw away from the sea. The beach was very clean, as well as the sea. The beach beds were free of charge. The towels are also for free, however, you need to pay a 15 euro deposit when you arrive and in case you didn't lose any towels, they will return it to you when you check out.
Fourthly, the hotel was quiet (end of September). Mostly, couples visit this hotel. A lot of Germans, Belgiums, Russians, East-Europeans and Israelis were present, all of them seemed very decent.
Furthermore, I really enjoyed their free 45-minutes lasting Pilates, yoga, aquagym and stretching lessons. These were giving outside, all through the day, starting with Pilates and aquagym in the morning and stretching and yoga lessons in the afternoon. What is better than doing pilates/yoga in the open air? Their gym was great as well; all of the necessary equipment was present. Free towels and water were available. If you like to run, go up the hill on the left front side of the hotel and there you can find an asphalted road (good for a 15-20 minute total run - back and forth).

One big minus point: wifi is still not available in the rooms, only in the lobby and pool, which is rather strange nowadays. Internet cable are provided to laptops, but who brings laptops when we all have smartphones today? I can't seem to figure out why it would be difficult to put some internet routers in each building.

To sum up, we really enjoyed Elysium, our money was worth it, and we would love to return.

Room Tip: Guests who are staying at the EOS building can suffer from noise nuisance from the hotel and besides...
1 Thank Eleanor X
harmony_el, Guest Relations Manager at Elysium Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We greatly appreciate the time taken to review our hotel and we would like to take this opportunity and warmly thank you for the positive comments made. We are also delighted to read that you have had an enjoyable time in our resort and would like to take this opportunity and thank you for the comments made.
Moreover we would like to thank you for mentioning the elegance and dedicated services Elysium offers. We would like to mention that the majority of our guests are very happy with the resort in terms of the multiple services it offers and the elegance every sector of our hotel has been organized. Additionally we are pleased to read that you have mentioned the blue flag awarded beach provided in front of the resort and the facilities that are being offered to all of our clients.
It is also always rewarding to know that you would preferably return to our hotel for you next vacation in Rhodes and that you also point out the friendliness and professionalism all clients are treated by our dedicated staff.
Such extensive reviews like yours enables us to keep a close eye on all issues raised and learn through the feedback we receive so as to improve and offer the best possible holiday experience.
On behalf of the management and staff we would like to warmly thank you for the detailed comments made and very much hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in our resort in the near future.
Helmsange
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Very good Hotel. We stayed 11days and couldn't find negative. Very good Food, and very professional and friendly staff especially Marielena from the Emerald Restaurant and Anastasia from the Pool bar. If I had to recommend a Hotel in Rhodes it would definately be the ELYSIUM

Room Tip: We were in a room in the HELIOS wing on the top floor. I would recommend that.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
We are very pleased to read that you found all aspects of our resort to be of high standards, namely the staff friendliness, the resort location and hotel facilities. Especially your generous comments regarding our restaurant and pool bar is the best way to reward us all here in Elysium.
Once again thank you for the feedback provided and for the recommendation of our hotel to other holidaymakers. Furthermore we very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in Elysium Resort & Spa if you visit Rhodes in the near future.
Customer Services Department
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kallithea
Rodos Palladium
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,190 reviews
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa
#1 of 15 in Kiotari

Been to Elysium Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!