“Absolutely perfect - couldn't have asked for more”
Review of Maroc Lodge

Maroc Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Amizmiz
London
“Absolutely perfect - couldn't have asked for more”
Reviewed May 5, 2010

Like many other people I don't often feel compelled to write reviews, but Maroc Lodge deserves it 10 times over. Every detail had been thought through, from the moment of our arrival (we were met by David, one of the owners) to our departure (we were flying at 1900 from Marrakech - David was at pains to point out that our villa was unoccupied after we had left and we were welcome to use it for the entire day - we didn't even have to ask). My boyfriend and I both commented that we couldn't remember the last time we had been so relaxed; Maroc Lodge does this to you, and even though we were only on a mini break I felt as though I had been away for a month on my return.

I cannot recommend this place enough if you are staying in the Atlas. I have stayed at another (significantly more expensive) Kasbah in the region on a separate occasion and would rate Maroc Lodge as better in every way. Please believe all of the other excellent reviews and help to give David, Beatrice, Bruno and all the supporting staff the recognition they deserve!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
antwerpen
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Last easterholidays we spent 2 days at the Maroc Lodge.
It is a real Royal comfortable and exclusive place, with only 6 very luxerious bungalows.
The french owners Beatrice, David and Bruno are very kind and friendly, and Saida , the lady who served in the late afternoon and evening was a real angel!
The Food was the best we aver tasted in Marocco! Specially the Tajine 'Poulet au miel'!
We will die for it ! Breakfast is super, specially when you order it on the beautiful terras!
The view from the pool on the Atlasmountains was breathtaking, and the immaculated grounds are a real birdparadise!
It is not a cheap place, but according price/quality it is very very good!
The interior of the bungalows is extremely Royal, with antique Louis XV furniture,
so we felt a little bit like 'Marie-Antoinette' in her boudoir!
Prices for food and drinks are correct, and the colourfull village of Amizmiz is only 5 minutes away from the Lodge. Nice walkings in the surrounded area!
Only downside was the stay of a Brittisch family with 3 little spoiled, screeming and yelling children, all day long!!!! So, we needed earplugs when we we're staying at the pool!
But, overall, this is one of the best places in 12 years of travelling in Marocco, we have been! Thank you Saida, for your perfect service and smile, and thank you Beatrice for the bottle of homemade olive-oil you gave us! Hmmmmmmmm
Igo van Hoof and Stefan van loock Antwerpen belgium

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
london
Reviewed April 26, 2010

My partner Patricia and I came down from the Atlas mountains filthy and tried after trhee days and nights hiking and staying with local families. We had booked a couple of nights at the Maroc Lodge (www.maroc-lodge.com) by way of a treat after our exertions.

The lodge is in fact a handful of bungalows set in an exquisite garden. Bungalow though barely begins to describe the comfort and the luxury of the houses. At an incredibly reasonable rate of 125 Euros we had- a huge sitting room, a paltial bedroom with the biggest bed Ihave ever seen and an exquisite bathroom. Oh, and did I mention the three - yes, that is three terraces in the bunglaow: each with a different view across green pastures to the Atlas mountains.

The Lodge is run by a charming French lady called Beatrice. She is also a wonderful cook. Each night you can eat either in the little restaurant or on one of the terraces - lovely, delicious French-Moroccan fusion - served up by the delightful, smiling Saeeda. Wash your dinner down with a bottle of excellent local wine.

Our two days turned into eight as we got stuck following the volcano in Iceland. Reports from all over the world on how hotels were raising thier prices up and up for travellers that had no choice. Not at the Maroc Lodge. As soon as they heard news they said, "Well you have no choice so let's halve your bill fron now on - and then let's take a bit more off for good measure. " Such generosity.

I cannot recommend this place too highly. Please go and enjoy a few days in paradise.

We had a fantastic three days in the mountains with our wonderful guide Noureddine and a mule called Ayshe. We stayed overnight and ate with local Berber villagers. Just brilliant. Contact Jamal at Berber Travel Adventures on www.berberadventures.com.

Simon and Tricia, London

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh
Reviewed December 6, 2009

I've never written a review before but I felt it was my duty to let everyone know about the Maroc Lodge. This has to be one of the most special places in the world. After a white knuckle taxi ride, driving through the village of Amizmiz which doesn't look very interesting, you enter the gates of the Lodge and you're in paradise. Beautiful landscaped gardens with olive trees and lanterns. Immaculate villas with log fires and terraces overlooking the pool. The service is 5 star. Friendly, efficient but never intrusive. I would suggest taking a French phrase book because you'll want to tell the staff just how amazing the food is and 'tres bon' is just not enough. If you're looking for a romantic retreat with nothing to do but relax and feast then the Maroc Lodge will not disappoint.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2009

From the moment I arrived at Maroc Lodge, I was impressed.

The lodge was much more spacious than I was expecting and had a huge living room.

I loved that you could choose what time you have your meals and where you had them. It was great to have breakfast brought to the lodge in the morning.

I felt the staff were very honest - I'm vegetarian so they charged me less for my food because the things they made me were cheaper.

The owner put us in contact with a guide, Latifa. She took us into the mountains and to meet a Berber family. If you're there on a Tuesday, get Latifa to take you to the local Souk too - that was fascinating.

We were lucky enough to pay half the usual price because of a special deal - so this made the experience seem even better!

The weather in November was hot, almost too hot if sat in for a long time. There was just one disappointing thing - the swimming pool. Although it looked lovely and clean, it was absolutely freezing, like ice water - too cold to go in. I didn't see any spend more than about 20 seconds in it!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
london
Reviewed November 12, 2009

I have returned from an amazing trip with my Mum to Marrakech and the Atlas Mountains. Maroc Lodge is a real saviour after a hectic 3 days surviving the Souks and Medina in Marrakech. The exciting hustle and bustle of the Medina soon wears off and a much needed relax is in order – go to the Maroc Lodge! It is in the most stunning setting, pool overlooking the mountains and you have your own lodge so feel very secluded. Great for recharging and exploring the Atlas Mountains. We were there in November and it was hot enough to enjoy lying by the pool but as soon as the sun went in it got pretty chilly. Beatrice, Bruno and David are all lovely hosts and leave you to enjoy t heir fabulous Lodge. The food was amazing, we were treated to different menus every day, always a surprise but always good.
Thanks for everything, we really enjoyed our trip
Alison & Janis

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed October 30, 2009

We stayed at the Maroc Lodge as the second part of our honeymoon and what a treat it was. The gardens are stunning - even nicer than the Majorelle Gardens in Marrakech!

There are only a handful of spotlessly clean stand alone 'pavillions' and ours was overlooking the infinity pool with a view out to the mountains.

The staff were fabulous and tended to your every need. Meals can be served on your own private terrace, by the pool or at the restaurant. Mint tea and biscuits just seem to appear just when you are thinking how a tea might be nice. There is a hammam in the gardens where I opted to have a 'gommage'. I was scrubbed to within an inch of my life in the steam room but felt fantastic afterwards - definitely recommend this.

The food was far too good - plentiful and delicious. To combat the calorific intake were hired a guide through the lodge and trekked in the mountains/hills for 2 seperate days. Latifa was excellent - fluent in English as well as other languages she took us through some spectacular landscape where we drank mint tea and ate tagines with families in the mountain villages - we even ended up accumulating a group of school children from one village and accompanying them on their hour long trek up the mountain to school!

In the evenings at the Maroc Lodge your log fire in the lounge will be lit for you if you fancy a cosy night in. Thank you so much to David, Beatrice and the rest of the team at the lodge - and many thanks too for arranging a cake to celebrate our marriage

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amizmiz
Domaine de la Roseraie
Chez Momo II
Chez Momo II
#3 of 4 in Asni
Le Flouka Auberge et Restaurant du Lac
Le Flouka Auberge et Restaurant ...
#1 of 3 in Lalla Takerkoust

Been to Maroc Lodge? Share your experiences!