We just had a week at Gwel An Mor, Portreath, in August, and as most other reviews we cannot fault the place at all. We stayed in a Lowena Lodge, one double bedroom and one twin. These are certainly 5 star as claimed.
We dined in the Terrace restaurant three times and found the service, and food first class.
It’s not cheap to stay here, but you get what you pay for.
Also out of about six different bakers we visited, Portreath bakery shop sells the best pasties for miles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gwel an Mor is Cornish for "View of the Sea." We are a 5 Star luxury self catering holiday resort which sits high on hills above the Atlantic Ocean in Cornwall.Our grand Scandinavian style holiday lodges blend beautifully into landscaped gardens and the surrounding countryside. Truly inviting with a relaxed but luxury style, the two and three bedroom lodges have everything you may need – down to the hot tub on your private terrace and log burner in the living area. Alongside the traditional wooden lodges, we also offer the contemporary style of the Residence. Launched in 2012, these exclusive eco lodges provide the ultimate in high-end holiday accommodation, complete with underfloor heating, mood lighting, DVD and music players and WiFi. You'll even find a plasma TV in the bathroom. Our Clubhouse boasts a fully equipped gym, indoor pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna while outside there is a children’s play area, tennis courts and a putting and croquet lawn.For more grown-up indulgences, The Wellbeing Spa offers an extensive menu of pampering facial, body and cosmetic treatments designed to relax, revitalise and rejuvenate you using marine inspired products. With a great reputation amongst visitors and locals, the Terrace Restaurant at Gwel an Mor is an informal bistro style venue with a locally sourced, innovative menu. With an emphasis on using the best seasonal ingredients the Southwest has to offer, the Terrace even offers a take away service so you can indulge in the comfort of your lodge. One of the truly unique aspects to a stay with us is the chance to meet some of the local wildlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Gwel an Mor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gwel An Mor 5 Star Holiday Hotel Portreath
- Gwel An Mor Portreath, Cornwall