Gwel an Mor
$58
  • Restaurant
Lowenac Hotel(Camborne)(Great Value!)
$85
St. Agnes Hotel(St Agnes)
$143
$119
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
PremierInn.com
All reviewsvip lodgeterrace restaurantfeadon farmhot tubmeet the animalsrock poolingswimming poolwildlife experiencewood burnercountry parkportreath beachonsite restauranttakeaway servicenight walkbarn owlst ivesdishwasher tablets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We had an enjoyable week staying at Gwen an Mor a fortnight ago. The lodge was spotless, well equipped, spacious warm and provided a great view of the sea. The car parking space directly outside the lodge was much appreciated (particularly given the amount of rain). The resort pool was wonderful, very warm and the children had a great time. The jacuzzi and sauna were also very relaxing (there was also a steam room but I did not use it). The onsite restaurant could not have been more helpful and we particularly enjoyed being able to take out meals to the lodge.

My only minor comment would be that I think it is unfortunate that the resort has a rental charge for cots and a £10 per week charge per high chair.. As a family friendly resort I think this is unfortunate, I would not object to paying either a deposit or smaller amount but this did seem a bit harsh.

Overall a great place from which to explore Cornwall. The lodges are amongst the best we have seen and the onsite staff can not do enough for you.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2014

At last I can write my review! We stayed here between Christmas and the 4th of Jan for New Year, however because I had written a review for our stay in October 2013, Tripadvisor wouldn't let me write a review for 3 months...grrrr!

Anyway, after being so impressed with our first stay in October 2013, we booked again for New Year. Once again I really can't fault anything. The staff are lovely, friendly and helpful across the board. The lodges are the perfect home from home with everything thought of, we even had a christmas tree :)

We really have fallen in love with Gwel an Mor and believe it will feature in our holiday plans for many years to come. I have recommended it to so many people and on both visits we have brought different sets of friends with us to enjoy all that Gwel an Mor has to offer and they loved it as much as we do.

Looking forward to a return visit later in 2014!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Gwelanmor, Owner at Gwel an Mor, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Zara,

Glad you got to write this in the end! and to hear your in love with us is even better, and that you are still impressed with us.

We do try and make the lodges as cosy and "home from home" as possible, there is nothing quite like warming up in front of the log fire or gazing up at the stars from your hot tub.

We also hope we are part of your holiday plans for years to come, thats certainly what we aim to do, and why all our team here are genuine in their service, they really do care, and I will pass on your kind words about them.

Look forward to seeing you back soon,

Owner

Reviewed January 31, 2014

When the weather is good and the surf is high, Cornwall can be the most wonderful place to be. Memories of hot sunny beach days with Mum and Dad never fade. So I did wonder if the middle of winter would produce crisp frosty magic or weather mayhem. January saw mother nature give us heavy rain, gusty winds and raging seas. But our lodge at Gwel an Mor, gave us everything we needed to combat the elements. We had clean, spacious, warm rooms, modern facilities and the feel of a Swiss chalet with a homely feel. The kitchen was particularly well thought out and perfect for self catering. From arrival to departure, all the staff were helpful and pleasant.The Terrace Restaurant was welcoming and vibrant and the staff even decorated our table for my daughter's birthday meal. The swimming pool and Jacuzzi were perfectly heated and facilities for the disabled were spot on.The resort is ideal for anyone wanting to take their dog on holiday with them. I can't wait to go back and sample 'The Residence' lodges, which have an even higher level of decor, hot tubs and log fires. I can't wait to return to Gwel an Mor, in fact, where's the phone? I'll book it now.

Room Tip: Our lodge had a double room, twin beds and a sofa bed. There were five adults and we were all comfortable. It was lodge 33, which was close to the Terrace Restaurant.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Gwelanmor, Owner at Gwel an Mor, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Helen,

Thanks for a lovely write up, sorry about the weather, but as you rightly point out, at Gwel an Mor theres something quite special about cosying up on a horrible day in your lodge.

Glad your daughter had a lovely birthday with us as well.

I will pass on all your positive comments to the restaurant and other team members, and the fact that you cant wait to come back says it all for us, thats always what we aim for.

See you back soon

Reviewed January 21, 2014

What a fabulous place to enjoy a pre-Christmas battery charge!

We were part of a family group - we all had our own separate lodges ... so although we were all together,t we could all enjoy our own space too.

My husband and I stayed in a VIP lodge - extremely comfortable in every aspect ... even though the weather never stopped raining and blowing a gale, we were totally warm and happy in our lodge. It was equipped with absolutely everything we could have ever needed. It also had a fully decorated Christmas tree ... such a nice touch. We even had a fabulous "starter pack" in our fridge, full of lovely local products - so we enjoyed our wine in the evening and our breakfast the following morning without even having to shop!!
We ate in the main restaurant on our first night - delicious food and very friendly staff. We ate in the "party barn" on our second evening ... it was a set Christmas menu ... again it was delicious and got us into the festive spirit.
We both enjoyed our Spa treatments - I had a hot stone massage ... bliss .... and my husband has a head/reflexology massage which he said was wonderful.
We also did a "farm tour" - it was such fun and conducted with incredible enthusiasm. We even met 2 of Father Christmas's reindeers!!!

We will most definitely return!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KimMaxted
Reviewed January 15, 2014

a lovely modern log cabin with every amenity you could ask for, we went for a couples break in November and we chilled by day in the Spa, food on site then snuggled up by the log fire with a bottle of wine.

The place was extreamly clean, the staff were so helpful, the facilities were great. We look forward to going back and taking advantage of seeing all of the animals they have there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Gwelanmor, Owner at Gwel an Mor, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Rebecca,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about us and even more thanks for your kind words, of course your right there is something special about our log cabins, log fire burning on a cold night, or sitting in the hot tub looking up at the stars.

The sky is so clear down hear sometimes..... really spectacular displays sometimes!

Your comments about how clean everything was and how helpful the staff were will be passed onto everyone here, they all love to hear our guests compliments, as it makes all the hard work worthwhile.

Next time you must do some of the activities in our farm, it really is a special place and we do some wonderful conservation work there.

So hurry back please.