We returned after a great holiday in 2009 and were not disappointed, everything was a nice as before and we were even lucky enough to book in early. The Lodges are lovely with everything you need for a relaxing break & more. The wildlife adventures with Gary is a must for all, you wouldn't get this experience on any other site, we all had a fantastic afternoon despite the showers. A hot stone massage with Laura can't be missed along with all the other treatments on offer. The area offers some lovely walks and those sore feet & bodies after trecking can be relaxed in the Jacuzzi, sauna & steam room, follow this with a meal cooked for you at the Terrace Restaurant, what more can u want for a lovely holiday in Cornwall. Thank you to all the staff. We will be back !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gwel an Mor is Cornish for "View of the Sea." We are a 5 Star luxury self catering holiday resort which sits high on hills above the Atlantic Ocean in Cornwall.Our grand Scandinavian style holiday lodges blend beautifully into landscaped gardens and the surrounding countryside. Truly inviting with a relaxed but luxury style, the two and three bedroom lodges have everything you may need – down to the hot tub on your private terrace and log burner in the living area. Alongside the traditional wooden lodges, we also offer the contemporary style of the Residence. Launched in 2012, these exclusive eco lodges provide the ultimate in high-end holiday accommodation, complete with underfloor heating, mood lighting, DVD and music players and WiFi. You'll even find a plasma TV in the bathroom. Our Clubhouse boasts a fully equipped gym, indoor pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna while outside there is a children’s play area, tennis courts and a putting and croquet lawn.For more grown-up indulgences, The Wellbeing Spa offers an extensive menu of pampering facial, body and cosmetic treatments designed to relax, revitalise and rejuvenate you using marine inspired products. With a great reputation amongst visitors and locals, the Terrace Restaurant at Gwel an Mor is an informal bistro style venue with a locally sourced, innovative menu. With an emphasis on using the best seasonal ingredients the Southwest has to offer, the Terrace even offers a take away service so you can indulge in the comfort of your lodge. One of the truly unique aspects to a stay with us is the chance to meet some of the local wildlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Gwel an Mor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gwel An Mor 5 Star Holiday Hotel Portreath
- Gwel An Mor Portreath, Cornwall