“Stylish and welcoming”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portreath
The Copper House - Portreath
Ranked #1 of 3 Portreath B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here for two nights recently to attend a friend's Wedding nearby and were incredibly happy with our choice.
Linda was an absolute delight, incredibly warm and welcoming. Our room was gorgeous - large, bright and beautifully decorated, with a sun trap terrace overlooking the stunning garden.
Breakfasts were delicious and served in our room and nothing was too much trouble for Linda or Andy. Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Laughter L, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Hi Esther,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a lovely review. We really appreciate it. It's always lovely when someone says they felt at home at The Copper House. Our ethos is that for the time you are here, it is your home but with an added extra - you are cossetted and looked after and hopefully, leave here feeling a little more relaxed and rested than you felt on your arrival. Thank you for compliments on breakfast and it was a pleasure to have you here. I hope we see you again.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were given a warm welcome when we arrived at the Copper House after a tiring day on a coastal walk. Linda and Andy made us feel at home from the very start and brought us much needed homemade scones and cream tea on the balcony overlooking their beautiful garden. The accommodation is of a very high standard with nice individual touches throughout. The bed was very comfortable, and it was lovely to have a soak in the wide bath. The breakfast was one of the best we have had. It arrived on time and was beautifully presented. The homemade sausages and marmalade were delicious, with fresh eggs from the hens.Linda and Andy are excellent hosts and I would thoroughly recommend a stay at the Copper House.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Laughter L, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Hi there Debra. Thank you so much for writing a review and I really appreciate all your kind words. I am pleased you felt at home and enjoyed the room and facilities. I think our extra deep bath is always especially appreciated by our walkers. It is lovely to relax in after a day of hard exertion. Thank you too for saying our breakfast was one of the best you have had. I am so pleased you should think so and we are very lucky to have such good produce locally. I do try to source everything locally that I can't make myself. The bread, butter, jams, yogurt and marmalade are all home made and something I enjoy making - they also taste so much better as I think my guests agree. I am so glad you would recommend us to others because that, in the end, is what counts. I do hope we see you again at The Copper House and you would be most welcome.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Myself and my brand new husband were lucky enough to stay in suite 1 for our wedding night. Right from the beginnning of my email enquiries it was clear that Linda was a warm and friendly woman who was so kind and keen to give us the perfect stay. She even stayed up until after midnight for our arrival. When we walked into our room we were stunned at how fabulous it looked, even better than the photos we had seen online. The decor was fabulous, the view from the terrace was outstanding and the bed was incredibly comfortable. We even had a bottle of bubbly, champagne truffles and a wedding card on our table left for us. The breakfast was out of this world. Linda's homemade croissants are to die for, deliciously light and melt in the mouth. So many beautiful homemade ingredients including apricot marmalade with vanilla, bubble and squeak as part of the huge veggie breakfast and a mind blowing fruit salad too! Such a shame our stay was so brief, we could have stayed a lot longer and been very happy bunnies. We were just so glad to have been so spoilt for our very special time away together. Linda is simply fabulous as is The Copper House. We will definitely be returning in a year's time to celebrate our anniversary.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traci P

Hi Traci. Thank you so much for your review and I am very pleased you thought The Copper House provided a perfect end to your perfect day. I couldn't wish for a better compliment. Thank you too for your enthusiasm about our breakfasts. We pushed the boat out a bit as it was a wedding breakfast and I am so glad you enjoyed it. It was a nice change to do a vegetarian version of a 'full english' and I am always happy to provide my guests with a choice of vegetairan or vegan choices if they request it in advance. I hope one day we see you again, maybe on an anniversary, and I wish you much happiness and success together. Kind regards, Linda

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband & i booked 7 nights at the Cooper house and we loved it that much we stayed an extra night and would have stayed longer if we could ! The warm welcome from Linda was most reassuring and we even got homemade scones which were delicious. Our room was spacious,clean and very comfy. The decor is so modern and very homely. Amazing shower and bathroom. The private terrace just adds that extra touch and overlooks gorgeous garden and wildlife. The beds are so comfy we both slept so perfect every night ! Good parking and easy to find, a fridge in the room filled with goodies was great & we enjoyed the breakfast every morning was delicious and very well presented. Linda and Andy are lovely and made us feel so comfortable their hospitality is out if this world I could write so much more about our stay at the cooper house was so wonderful if your looking for a place to relax with luxury this is the place ! Are we going back again YES with out a doubt :) from Jamie & Sam Thresher

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Duck2212
Laughter L, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Hi Sam & Jamie. What a brilliant review. Thank you so much. I loved having you both and missed you when you were gone (have a look at my The Copper House facebook page ). Thank you both so much for my flowers and card. The flowers are still going strong and admired by all. A really delightful gesture from two delightful guests. I am so pleased you had a lovely time here and I loved your enthusiasm about everything. I am very happy you thought the bed and bathroom were great and we were good hosts. You were very easy to be a good host to. I do hope you visit us again, maybe on your next anniversary?! I look forward to it very much.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Excellent.... we spent 3 nights, and we enjoyed very much. New accommodation, nice balcony in the green, overlooking a nice garden, and: very friendly stuff. Modern bathroom, all clean, and parking space in front of the house

Room Tip: if you would like to relax in a quiet & central possition: the best B&B in town!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Laughter L, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Hi Rainer,
Thank you so much for writing a review. I hope you enjoyed your holiday in Cornwall and you had a safe journey back to Switzerland. I know you thought you could escape the hot weather by coming to Cornwall but it was even hotter here! Nice for us though. I do hope your beautiful garden didn't suffer while you were away.I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at The Copper House and if you are ever in Cornwall again, we hope to see you again. Kind regards, Linda

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is an amazing place. If you were to imagine the perfect bed and breakfast, this is it - the location overlooking beautiful woods, comfortable, spacious, stylish rooms, the most delicious breakfast served on your own private terrace. Andy and Linda have created a great experience for anyone wanting the most relaxing and enjoyable stay.

Hi Carol and Ken,
Thank you so much for finding time to write a review when I know you are very busy planning your own project. How lovely of you to say we are the perfect bed & breakfast. We try very hard and it is our passion to try and provide an unobtrusive, but first class service. I am so glad we managed this and that you enjoyed the experience. I do wish you all the very best in your venture and please keep in touch and don't forget to send us your blog and some photos when they are ready. My very kind regards, Linda

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is one of the best, if not the best, B and B we have ever had the pleasure to visit. The room was refreshingly modern, spacious and tastefully decorated. We had our own balcony terrace overlooking a gorgeous valley. The attention to detail, from the delicious and beautifully presented breakfasts to the comfortable king size bed, to the luxurious shower was remarkable. Linda and Andy have thought of everything and ensured that we were comfortable. We have friends in Portreath and so we plan on staying here every time we visit. That little bit extra is the secret to this superb hideaway. Linda and Andy take perfect, unobtrusive service to a new level.

Room Tip: We had friends staying in the other room and it was every bit as nice. You really can't go wrong...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dodgebrothers

Thank you so much for your very kind words. I am always so pleased when a guest notices the details and appreciates them. We have put a lot of thought into the beds and linens and bathrooms as they are so important. I think too, that breakfast in your room at the time you choose is an added component that gives just that little bit extra luxury. We want our guests to depart feeling a little more relaxed then when they came. Perfect, unobtrusive service is a marvellous compliment and that is what we are constantly striving for. My relief when we get it right is enormous. We would love to see you again and knowing you want to return is praise enough for anyone. Many thanks