“attention to detail”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portreath
The Copper House - Portreath
Ranked #1 of 3 Portreath B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We spent a fantastic night away at the beautiful Copper House B & B. I loved the attention to detail with all the little extra touches which made for a very luxurious stay, from the delicious home made cake on arrival, to the fluffy soft bath robes hanging behind the door. Loved having our exquisite breakfast served in our room which made for a wonderfully relaxing start to the day. And as for the home made croissants........
A delightful stay in a beautiful setting.

Room Tip: ask for the room with the huge bath.....bliss!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda G, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Hi there,
I am very happy that you felt we paid attention to detail. It is part of our ethos that we try to think of everything our guests might ask for - even the very small things that people enjoy (not just need) when they are staying with us. Our thinking is that our guests should feel relaxed, pampered, and tranquil whilst here. If they feel they are having a bit of luxury and leave feeling refreshed, then we are very pleased. Thank you for saying my breakfasts and croissants are exquisite. I love making the breakfasts look as good as (hopefully) they taste. I try to make my own bread, butter, croissants and marmalade and the rocket (for the Copper House Special) is usually from my own organic garden beds. The eggs (most of the time) are from my friendly chickens. Just a little extra effort makes an occasion out of an ordinary meal. And isn't it so much nicer to have it in the comfort of your own room where you can relax in your dressing gowns, chat, read the paper or watch lovefilm on the tv!. Thank you again for taking the time and trouble to write this review and we hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for The Copper House - Portreath

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We spent 2 great nights at this B+B, the house and the rooms were stunning with very generous terraces overlooking fantastic countryside - a perfect setting indeed. Linda and her husband were fantastic hosts from the minute we arrived (bringing up freshly made cake and tea to welcome us) and nothing was too much trouble for the whole length of our stay. The breakfasts were absolutely delicious, with eggs from the bottom of the garden and everything baked and made fresh downstairs. I would recommend The Copper House without hesitation!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda G, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Hello Christopher,
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review. It is so nice that you enjoyed our breakfasts and appreciated The Copper House. The views are spectacular here and it is just a shame it wasn't a little warmer so that you could sit outside. At the moment it is beautiful here with gorgeous sunshine and actually warm! I'm glad that you both found the surroundings relaxing and I hope we see you both another time. You were delightful guests. Many thanks for your custom

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Robert Louis Stevenson was misinformed. His travels never took in the Copper House and so the famous line "It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive" is not appropriate here. This isn't just a place to stay, it's a destination.

Before arrival I was intrigued by the few details I could find about the design of the Copper House - especially the architecture, energy management and building ethos. I've worked maintaining "eco" homes and am sceptical about many. I have asked Andy to put more technical details on the Copper House website as the finished house is an inspiration to those considering a similar approach. The Copper House works - and is an exemplar of what can be achieved.

We usually encounter two problems when looking for a suitable B&B: firstly, as vegetarians, we often find a limited and uninspiring menu on offer compared to that offered to meat eaters. We also don't enjoy the communal breakfast in most other B&Bs where guests have to sit together, make awkward conversation, and conform to the proprietor's regime.

At the Copper House, breakfast is brought to your room or - weather permitting - onto the glorious suntrap of a private terrace overlooking woodland and the garden, with chickens in the background. A real luxury!

Linda had prepared an extensive vegetarian breakfast menu from which we chose a variety of hot and cold - traditional English and continental - delights, all scrummy and beautifully presented.

We had room 1 - a spacious suite, creatively designed in a minimal "retro" style with quality furnishings and fittings. There isn't the hand-me-down baggage of mismatched items so often seen in B&B establishments, nor is it auction-house cottage style with tired furniture and faded prints on the wall.

One of us suffers from back problems, but the bed and variety of chairs were very comfortable and supportive.

We are usually hard to please with our requirements and had never found a B&B which ticked all the boxes until now. Linda and Andy were so friendly - they made us feel comfortable and welcome, and their attention to detail was second to none.

We will be back. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Room 1 for the best views, and more space.
1  Thank veg0ut
Linda G, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

What an absolutely wonderful review. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a considered evaluation. I am so happy that you consider The Copper House a destination rather than just a place to stay. I am very happy with that definition and love your quote. We also very much appreciate that you recognised the hard work and the ethos behind the design and build of the house. Whenever you build something, especially something that is meant to incorporate design as well as Eco values, there are choices that have to be made.i think we made the right choices based on our budget and our values and it's great that you think so too and think it works.
As for breakfast in the rooms, we had the same aversion to most bed & breakfast accommodation enforced sociability. It is also a bit of luxury to be able to eat in your room at a time you choose and everyone deserves that when they go away. I am so glad you appreciated the vegetarian menu and we also have a vegan menu available. I don't think there is anything I haven't catered for yet and it's my pleasure to provide for our guests wants, especially when they are such a delight as you both were. I do hope we see you again soon and I look forward to it

Reviewed March 12, 2013

we stayed for 2 nights in room 2 at the Copper House Portreath after being recommeded by a friend. what a beautifully designed room, i am not sure if Linda and Andy designed the room, or if they employed an interior designer, but the effet was stunning. there is a HUGE terrace attached to the room which I could have sat on all day staring at the woods behind the house ... it would be a lovely place to sit and paint/write if you were so inclined.
On arrival, Linda settled us into our room and then came back 5 mins later with a great big slab of homemade cake and a pot of tea ... all part of the service!! she also left us with a menu choice for our breakfast (which to be honest we were going to skip because I hate eating breakfast in a room with strangers) but the choices were out of this world AND we found out we got our breakfast in our own room!! Perfect! The food was fabulous, I can not fault it at all.
all in all, I don't think I have ever stayed in such a luxurious B&B, and the it was such good value for money as well!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda G, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Hi there Francis
I hope your journey back to S.A was good and not too tiring. I think the weather there might be a little better than it was when you were here in Cornwall! I am glad you had a wonderful time here and in Cornwall generally. The rooms were designed by ourselves and the terraces were drawn into the original design when we drew the plans. They have turned out better than we could have imagined because the view is so spectacular here and it changes with the seasons. As you said when you were here, it doesn't matter what the weather is like, the view is always stunning. In room 2, where you were, the table looks out onto the terrace and view and I know you loved watching all the wildlife while eating your breakfast. I'm so glad you enjoyed our breakfasts and I think you tried every single one. If ever you return to England, visit us again. You were a really delightful and interesting guest and we would love to see you again. Best wishes Linda

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We received a very warm welcome complete with excellent carrot cake. The attention to detail in the room was 110%, Linda and Andy have thought of everything. Great views, most comfortable bed ever and fantastic bathroom. Would recommend the Copper House without any hesitation. Hopefully we will get back to Cornwall soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda G, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay here and thank you for your kind comments. I hope you have both recovered from your colds and that you feel better now. We thoroughly enjoyed having you as our guests and hope to see you again when you are next in Cornwall.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed for one night during an impromptu weekend in Cornwall. Amazing.

Met by the irrepressible Linda who showed us to our room and returned in 5 minutes with a wedge of homemade cake and a pot of tea. The room (1) was spacious and tasefully decorated with modern stylish furniture. The bathroom perfect, huge fluffy towels and soft robes, a generous supply of good quality toiletries. Wonderful views of wooded hills from our terrace.
The bed had an art deco look, being a full six footer with fabulous pillows and a stunning duvet; it was extremely comfortable.

The seating area was perfect for 2 people. The high quality flat screen TV fully set up with Youtube, Love Film etc. Great choice of breakfast. The house special - fresh rocket, crispy bacon and a local egg (you can see the chickens in Andy and Linda's garden) drizzled with home infused chilli oil was outrageously good. This business is obviously a labour of love for the owners, not one detail is omitted and every effort is made to ensure you have an exceptional stay. So take some good wine, relax in your room and enjoy the superb ambience of the Copper House. Great value for the money too, when all the extras are considered, like the chocolates and mineral water in the mini fridge and the homemade biscuits which accompany the tea and coffee tray. In conclusion......utterly stunning !!!! For us, Portreath is not one of the best places in Cornwall. It does have a nice bakery which serves great pasties, but we found it difficult to find a good eaterie in the evening and the best we could get was frozen scampi and chips! However, the good news is that you only have an easy 20 minute drive to St. Ives where we lunched at the wonderful Porthminster Cafe. Nonetheless, Portreath is definitely worth a visit if only to stay at the beautiful Copper House.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joanne H
Linda G, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Hi DuncanJo,
What a great review - thank you. It gives others on tripadvisor a lovely snapshot of our room and house and our facilities. I'm so glad you enjoyed The Copper House Special breakfast and it does seem very popular with our guests. I do so hope we see you both again in the near future.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We planned to visit family nearby and now that the kids have grown decided to have some 'me' time in a local B&B, how glad we are that we chose The Copper House. I can't really add anything to all of the other positive comments on TA everything appears to have been covered. Linda and Andy appear to be genuinely pleased that you have chosen their home for your stay and I'm sure that nothing would be too much trouble for them. Breakfast - Linda's fruit salad presentation was second to none, I have eaten many and this was the best by far. Do not hesitate to book The Copper House, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi there
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed yourself and we hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Portreath
Penventon Park Hotel
Legacy Hotel Victoria - Newquay
Boskerris Hotel
Boskerris Hotel
#1 of 4 in Carbis Bay

Been to The Copper House - Portreath? Share your experiences!