The Copper House - Portreath
Portreath Arms(Portreath)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsprivate terracewooded valleydeep bathfluffy robesbiscuitshome made cakesmarmaladefreshly laid eggsfresh homemadeon arrivalwalking the sw coast pathsmaller roomluxurious stayweather permittingcomfiest bedbed and breakfasthome away from home
Reviewed March 12, 2013

we stayed for 2 nights in room 2 at the Copper House Portreath after being recommeded by a friend. what a beautifully designed room, i am not sure if Linda and Andy designed the room, or if they employed an interior designer, but the effet was stunning. there is a HUGE terrace attached to the room which I could have sat on all day staring at the woods behind the house ... it would be a lovely place to sit and paint/write if you were so inclined.
On arrival, Linda settled us into our room and then came back 5 mins later with a great big slab of homemade cake and a pot of tea ... all part of the service!! she also left us with a menu choice for our breakfast (which to be honest we were going to skip because I hate eating breakfast in a room with strangers) but the choices were out of this world AND we found out we got our breakfast in our own room!! Perfect! The food was fabulous, I can not fault it at all.
all in all, I don't think I have ever stayed in such a luxurious B&B, and the it was such good value for money as well!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda G, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Hi there Francis
I hope your journey back to S.A was good and not too tiring. I think the weather there might be a little better than it was when you were here in Cornwall! I am glad you had a wonderful time here and in Cornwall generally. The rooms were designed by ourselves and the terraces were drawn into the original design when we drew the plans. They have turned out better than we could have imagined because the view is so spectacular here and it changes with the seasons. As you said when you were here, it doesn't matter what the weather is like, the view is always stunning. In room 2, where you were, the table looks out onto the terrace and view and I know you loved watching all the wildlife while eating your breakfast. I'm so glad you enjoyed our breakfasts and I think you tried every single one. If ever you return to England, visit us again. You were a really delightful and interesting guest and we would love to see you again. Best wishes Linda

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We received a very warm welcome complete with excellent carrot cake. The attention to detail in the room was 110%, Linda and Andy have thought of everything. Great views, most comfortable bed ever and fantastic bathroom. Would recommend the Copper House without any hesitation. Hopefully we will get back to Cornwall soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda G, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay here and thank you for your kind comments. I hope you have both recovered from your colds and that you feel better now. We thoroughly enjoyed having you as our guests and hope to see you again when you are next in Cornwall.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed for one night during an impromptu weekend in Cornwall. Amazing.

Met by the irrepressible Linda who showed us to our room and returned in 5 minutes with a wedge of homemade cake and a pot of tea. The room (1) was spacious and tasefully decorated with modern stylish furniture. The bathroom perfect, huge fluffy towels and soft robes, a generous supply of good quality toiletries. Wonderful views of wooded hills from our terrace.
The bed had an art deco look, being a full six footer with fabulous pillows and a stunning duvet; it was extremely comfortable.

The seating area was perfect for 2 people. The high quality flat screen TV fully set up with Youtube, Love Film etc. Great choice of breakfast. The house special - fresh rocket, crispy bacon and a local egg (you can see the chickens in Andy and Linda's garden) drizzled with home infused chilli oil was outrageously good. This business is obviously a labour of love for the owners, not one detail is omitted and every effort is made to ensure you have an exceptional stay. So take some good wine, relax in your room and enjoy the superb ambience of the Copper House. Great value for the money too, when all the extras are considered, like the chocolates and mineral water in the mini fridge and the homemade biscuits which accompany the tea and coffee tray. In conclusion......utterly stunning !!!! For us, Portreath is not one of the best places in Cornwall. It does have a nice bakery which serves great pasties, but we found it difficult to find a good eaterie in the evening and the best we could get was frozen scampi and chips! However, the good news is that you only have an easy 20 minute drive to St. Ives where we lunched at the wonderful Porthminster Cafe. Nonetheless, Portreath is definitely worth a visit if only to stay at the beautiful Copper House.

1  Thank Joanne H
Linda G, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Hi DuncanJo,
What a great review - thank you. It gives others on tripadvisor a lovely snapshot of our room and house and our facilities. I'm so glad you enjoyed The Copper House Special breakfast and it does seem very popular with our guests. I do so hope we see you both again in the near future.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We planned to visit family nearby and now that the kids have grown decided to have some 'me' time in a local B&B, how glad we are that we chose The Copper House. I can't really add anything to all of the other positive comments on TA everything appears to have been covered. Linda and Andy appear to be genuinely pleased that you have chosen their home for your stay and I'm sure that nothing would be too much trouble for them. Breakfast - Linda's fruit salad presentation was second to none, I have eaten many and this was the best by far. Do not hesitate to book The Copper House, you won't be disappointed.

Hi there
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed yourself and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I decided on a night away and wanted a touch of luxury ... this is exactly what we got at the Copper House. The house is set in the most of beautiful of locations, with this new build property blending effortlessly with the surroundings. We were in room 1, which is just amazing! This is not like any other b&b I have ever seen, it is more like a boutique hotel ... every detail is perfect from the stylish decor, the little extras, fluffy towels, proper coffee, luxurious bed ... I just can not praise this place enough!

Linda and Andy are excellent hosts, absolutely attentive whilst not in the slightest in your face.

The breakfast, served in your room ... what a fabulous idea .... is mouth watering, we are both real foodies, and this delivered!

The room was exceptionally clean, i mean there was not a spec of dust to be seen!

Truely a different kind of bed and breakfast entirley, if you are staying in Cornwall stay here ... you will love it!

Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Both rooms are really stylish ... but the bed in room 1 is worth the journey alone!

Hello there,
Thank you so much for loving the house and Room 1. I am so pleased you didn't think us run of the mill and that you appreciated all the little things we provide that we think makes for a great stay rather than just a pleasant stay. I knew you were 'foodies' and I was nervous about whether my breakfasts would come up to scratch so I am very happy you like them