“What a find”

Ranked #3 of 4 Portreath B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“What a find”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We were trying to book a couple of nights in St Ives at short notice, but to be honest, I'm glad we couldn't find anything there because we probably got a bit of real Cornwall instead. This little B&B in Portreath was perfect for our needs. We had the room on the side of the main building which left us with total independance and as much privacy as we wanted, and it was immaculately presented. Simon and Viv couldn't do enough to help us when we went in for breakfast each morning, and all the local information was laid out to help plan the day

Room Tip: Room 6 on side of house has its own front door
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed for two nights in August and found it a very pleasant experience. We received a warm welcome.The beds were comfortable, the room spotless and the seaside decor charming. The ceiling fan was brilliant as we were there on very warm nights.
There is a proliferation of little notices reminding one to switch off the lights, remove muddy shoes and not waste water etc. which I found irritating. Also the door handle to the en-suite was so noisy it must have wakened the whole house when I opened it during the night. However, I would definitely recommend it to friends and would love to stay there again..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed one night at this B+B and were pleased with the place. The owners were friendly and helpful, the place was very clean. The room was of decent basic standard, nothing fancy but perfectly adequate for our needs. The house looks a bit plain from outside but inside the breakfast room is lovely. Car park can be a tight squeeze! Location is good for the beach and other attractions in the area. There's no sea view but the houses in Portreath don't seem to face the sea for some reason!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Boston, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We recently stayed for 1 night and left wishing we could stay for more. We received a very warm welcome from Viv. Our first impressions were how clean and tidy it was. The room was spacious, nicely decorated with a ceiling fan which was great as it was a warm night. The en suite was super and the bed was the most comfortable bed we have had in a B & B. Breakfast was superb, very tasty!. This is the best B & B we have stayed in by far. Thanks Simon and Viv, hope to be back soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
solihull
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I walked part of the South West Coast path in June 2012 over 10 days, staying in B&B each night.
Out of all the places I stayed at this one was by far the best. Friendly owners, great breakfast, a very comfortable room and with lots of facilities provided too at a very reasonable price, and a good night's sleep into the bargain. Very well situated just of the path with a pub next door and many others within walking distance. What more could you ask for.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Mold, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed at the Cliff House last week for 4 nights. They were very welcoming, even helping me with my case (I packed a lot due to the weather forcasts). I was staying in one of the single rooms which was spotless and had a tv, kettle, tea and coffee stuff. There was no wardrobe but there was a rack with coat hangers and hooks for coats with a small radiator underneath to help dry out any wet clothes due to the weather. The shower and toilet were a few paces outside of the room and were exclusively for my use only so was able to leave shampoo etc there (I was fully aware about the bathroom being across the corridor) this was spotless also. There was a robe in the room to use because of the bathroom situation.
The room had a small sink and fresh white towels over a radiator towel rail.
There was also a very handy ceiling fan attached to the main light, which was very effective on my first day as it was rather warm.

The owners were incredibly friendly and helpful, advising me of places I should visit especially places of beauty as I was on a photographic holiday.

The village is perfectly situated for travelling around Cornwall as I didn't spend much more than an hour travelling to anywhere.

The village is quiet and although the B&B is next door to a pub (The Portreath Arms) I was never disturbed by any noise of people leaving the pub at all!!

I was adviced on the pubs in the village and recomendations of where to eat.

The breakfast room is small but that means more chatting between guests and most guest while I was staying were walking the coastal paths so were only staying for one night which meant I met many interesting people :)

There was plenty of choice for breakfast and I certainly never left hungry.

I will definately going back to Cornwall again and most definately be staying at the Cliff House B&B

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We recently stayed for 3 nights to attend a wedding nearby in Illogan, and never having booked over the internet before, I was a little trepidatious that we might encounter some problems. However I needn't have worried. We were warmly greeted on arrival and shown to our lovely bright and airy en-suite room (room 3). The room was nicely decorated, the furniture was in pristine condition, the beds were very comfy, and the shower was great! The owners, Simon and Viv, were attentive but unobtrusive, and offered information about the best place to have an evening meal locally. The cooked breakfasts were gorgeous and cooked to perfection (says hubby - I only had cereals)! The free WiFi was a bonus too. The location just across the road from the little harbour, and then a couple of minutes walk round to the beach, was great. Unfortunately most of our time was taken up doing family things around the wedding, so we didn't have chance to do much exploring either by car or on foot. Maybe this is something we can redress if we return in the future - and I'm sure we will return as we had such a brilliant stay in a cracking little B&B in a lovely area!! Many thanks Simon and Viv. Hope to see you soon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portreath
Penventon Park Hotel
#1 of 4 in Truro
St. Agnes Hotel
St. Agnes Hotel
#3 of 4 in St Agnes

Been to Cliff House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!