“Welcoming and spotless B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cliff House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portreath
Cliff House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 Portreath B&B and Inns
Mold, United Kingdom
“Welcoming and spotless B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed at the Cliff House last week for 4 nights. They were very welcoming, even helping me with my case (I packed a lot due to the weather forcasts). I was staying in one of the single rooms which was spotless and had a tv, kettle, tea and coffee stuff. There was no wardrobe but there was a rack with coat hangers and hooks for coats with a small radiator underneath to help dry out any wet clothes due to the weather. The shower and toilet were a few paces outside of the room and were exclusively for my use only so was able to leave shampoo etc there (I was fully aware about the bathroom being across the corridor) this was spotless also. There was a robe in the room to use because of the bathroom situation.
The room had a small sink and fresh white towels over a radiator towel rail.
There was also a very handy ceiling fan attached to the main light, which was very effective on my first day as it was rather warm.

The owners were incredibly friendly and helpful, advising me of places I should visit especially places of beauty as I was on a photographic holiday.

The village is perfectly situated for travelling around Cornwall as I didn't spend much more than an hour travelling to anywhere.

The village is quiet and although the B&B is next door to a pub (The Portreath Arms) I was never disturbed by any noise of people leaving the pub at all!!

I was adviced on the pubs in the village and recomendations of where to eat.

The breakfast room is small but that means more chatting between guests and most guest while I was staying were walking the coastal paths so were only staying for one night which meant I met many interesting people :)

There was plenty of choice for breakfast and I certainly never left hungry.

I will definately going back to Cornwall again and most definately be staying at the Cliff House B&B

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

We recently stayed for 3 nights to attend a wedding nearby in Illogan, and never having booked over the internet before, I was a little trepidatious that we might encounter some problems. However I needn't have worried. We were warmly greeted on arrival and shown to our lovely bright and airy en-suite room (room 3). The room was nicely decorated, the furniture was in pristine condition, the beds were very comfy, and the shower was great! The owners, Simon and Viv, were attentive but unobtrusive, and offered information about the best place to have an evening meal locally. The cooked breakfasts were gorgeous and cooked to perfection (says hubby - I only had cereals)! The free WiFi was a bonus too. The location just across the road from the little harbour, and then a couple of minutes walk round to the beach, was great. Unfortunately most of our time was taken up doing family things around the wedding, so we didn't have chance to do much exploring either by car or on foot. Maybe this is something we can redress if we return in the future - and I'm sure we will return as we had such a brilliant stay in a cracking little B&B in a lovely area!! Many thanks Simon and Viv. Hope to see you soon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Lovely clean, comfortable room, excellent cooked breakfast, friendly hosts and 2 minutes walk to the sea...Everything you'll need.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed at Cliff House for one night whilst down in Cornwall on business.

The welcome from Viv and Simon is excellent, the bed comfortable and the room spotlessly clean. The bathroom was similarly spotlessly clean and the shower was good.

There was a good choice for breakfast and it was all very tasty.

All in all, everything you require of a b&b, I shall stay again when I'm next that way.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

My friend and I stayed in Room 3, great room with smart Red en-suite, suited us down to the ground, quiet location, comfy beds and clean towels everyday if you want them, loved the breakfast and the little extras like cotton wool pads and tissues are a really nice touch. Simon & Viv were so helpful they had so much local knowledge. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Room 3 Twin With en-suite shower very nice
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Godalming, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Very quiet, clean and friendly B&B on the coast path. Excellent breakfast and just what was needed to get us walking to Pendeen. Our bag was taken up to our room which was very much appreciated. Although the weather was hot having a ceiling fan kept us cool all night. Free wifi also much appreciated

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael S
exeter
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

Brilliant, nothing too much trouble for Simon & Viv (&mikey) rooms excellent clean and bright, En-Suite best Ive seen, love the red. We only stayed 2 nights, wish it was more. we'll be back, I hope.

Room Tip: Loved room 1, cosy and warm
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beth h
VIVHAYWOOD, Owner at Cliff House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Thank you, we try to provide rooms that we would be happy to stay in ourselves. Oh and we'd love to have you back :-)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portreath
The Driftwood Spars B & B
Tregenna Castle Resort
St. Agnes Hotel
St. Agnes Hotel
#3 of 4 in St Agnes

Been to Cliff House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!